profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
This audio-rant perfectly expresses my philosophy/sentiments about life and ctb...

Please consider the words/voice as coming directly from me. This is an expression of my personal opinion/philosophy/feelings only!

TRIGGER WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN to the attached mp3 audio if ANY of these issues disturb you.
  1. an individual's unconditional right-to-die at the time of their choosing
  2. pro-antinatalism/efilism
  3. extreme pessimism
  4. a non-belief in god
  5. extreme swearing/name-calling
#1 - I'm not going to let you have a conflicting philosophy to mine.mp3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Suicidе, IWTD, Good4Nothing and 20 others
E

eternaltroubador

Jan 30, 2021
whats the source of this audio? I'd like to hear more.
The right to die should be respected and fully sanctioned. It's unfortunate that this moralistic philosophy that suicide is something that should be extremely stigmatized and criminalized is so pervasive.

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, Bleh, DetachedDreamer97 and 3 others
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
I'd like to hear more.
I spent a couple of hours just figuring-out a service so I can share audio clips...

So now, I'm in the process of splitting/uploading it into about a dozen clips... so I'll be trying to post all of them in the coming days. I'll always keep the same title ("Controversial Audio")... so you can easily search for them & will also mention in the title when we reach "the end".

ALSO, if you click on the little "Vocaroo robot icon", on their website, an mp3 download of each clip is available there.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens and eternaltroubador
Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
OP, I cant click on anything to open up the file youd like us to listen to. Whattup with that?

Edit: NM I think I know what the problem is.

Last edited:
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
This is very interesting!
I'll be waiting for the next audios! =)

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, profoundexperience and eternaltroubador
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
Saying what's on our minds.

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens and profoundexperience
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
I think the author of that and I are largely on the same page in terms of what we believe, but I don't see how emotional outbursts of this sort advance the cause of reasonable (or rational) death. In fact, it strikes me as the sort of thing those opposed to sites like this would use as ammunition to claim that we're all highly emotional, overwrought, creatures incapable of rational thought and also easily manipulated.

In sum, calm down. You really think the first twenty seconds of that are going to persuade anyone of anything?

Also, at 00:23 seconds a claim was made that there are "laws against suicide." This is incorrect. There USED TO BE laws like that, but they've been gone from most places for at least fifty years, with one hundred or more being more common. No one is going to bury your body at a crossroads with your left hand removed or whatever nonsense used to happen to the corpses of suicides. No one is going to turn your or your family's property over the King, as once upon a time happened in England.

Meh. I could go on, but I doubt anyone would agree with me. So, what's the point?

• Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience
E

eternaltroubador

Jan 30, 2021
I think the author of that and I are largely on the same page in terms of what we believe, but I don't see how emotional outbursts of this sort advance the cause of reasonable (or rational) death. In fact, it strikes me as the sort of thing those opposed to sites like this would use as ammunition to claim that we're all highly emotional, overwrought, creatures incapable of rational thought and also easily manipulated.

In sum, calm down. You really think the first twenty seconds of that are going to persuade anyone of anything?

Also, at 00:23 seconds a claim was made that there are "laws against suicide." This is incorrect. There USED TO BE laws like that, but they've been gone from most places for at least fifty years, with one hundred or more being more common. No one is going to bury your body at a crossroads with your left hand removed or whatever nonsense used to happen to the corpses of suicides. No one is going to turn your or your family's property over the King, as once upon a time happened in England.

Meh. I could go on, but I doubt anyone would agree with me. So, what's the point?
Yeah, I agree its not the most persuasive framing of the argument, but that wasn't why it was posted here. Theres a time for debate and theres a time for us to share our frustrations with living in a world that only seeks to further ostracize the suicidal. Some of those frustrations will be solely based on emotions, and I think thats valid. It doesn't mean that there aren't other means of arguing these points in a way that is more rational or accessible to those outside of this community, but I don't think we have to hold ourselves to that standard constantly.
Basically, its okay to have emotional outbursts. The circumstances of life demand it, really.

quick edit: It may be true that they don't cut off your left hand or anything like that, but it's also true that you can't so much as mention having thoughts of suicide without getting locked up in a psych ward. Also, if you want to have a friend or family member by your side when you ctb,
under current laws they could get some pretty serious charges.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: finalexit, Bleh, profoundexperience and 2 others
Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
Actually I agree with you @Ironweed that the presentation of it, to me, it comes off as something like rage filled comedy and juvenile. But I am forgiving cause of the truth in it. In a way though there are laws against suicide, there are but there arnt really if ya know what i mean.? Quick example: there are laws against ways that one would choose or like to die.

• Love
E

eternaltroubador

Jan 30, 2021
it comes off as something like rage filled comedy and juvenile.
I have a feeling that was intentional, this guy seems like he's channeling George Carlin lol

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience and Zhontafly
Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
I have a feeling that was intentional, this guy seems like he's channeling George Carlin lol
Well I love George Carlin! A person I really miss since his passing. R.I.P. George, can't wait to join ya! Thumbs up!

• Love
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
Yeah, I agree its not the most persuasive framing of the argument, but that wasn't why it was posted here. Theres a time for debate and theres a time for us to share our frustrations with living in a world that only seeks to further ostracize the suicidal. Some of those frustrations will be solely based on emotions, and I think thats valid. It doesn't mean that there aren't other means of arguing these points in a way that is more rational or accessible to those outside of this community, but I don't think we have to hold ourselves to that standard constantly.
Basically, its okay to have emotional outbursts. The circumstances of life demand it, really.

quick edit: It may be true that they don't cut off your left hand or anything like that, but it's also true that you can't so much as mention having thoughts of suicide without getting locked up in a psych ward. Also, if you want to have a friend or family member by your side when you ctb,
under current laws they could get some pretty serious charges.
Isn't it still illegal to commit suicide? I live in the US.

E

eternaltroubador

Jan 30, 2021
Isn't it still illegal to commit suicide? I live in the US.
my understanding is that it depends on your state. I've never heard of anyone getting charged for a suicide attempt in the US in recent history though.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
I don't see how emotional outbursts of this sort advance the cause of reasonable (or rational) death.
it comes off as something like rage filled comedy and juvenile.
True: That's why I labeled it under "Venting".
In fact, it strikes me as the sort of thing those opposed to sites like this would use as ammunition to claim that we're all highly emotional, overwrought, creatures incapable of rational thought and also easily manipulated.
I 100% guarantee it was a sincere, genuine, frustrated-angry rant from a true right-to-die proponent.

I know you can't take the word of someone on the Internet... Please examine my many posts if you need to clarify my veracity.
at 00:23 seconds a claim was made that there are "laws against suicide." This is incorrect. There USED TO BE laws like that
Yes. It should have been, "laws against assisting suicide."

Although not illegal to kys, it is massively difficult to do alone. Therefore, perhaps there are "de facto" "laws against suicide" in place... regardless.
I agree its not the most persuasive framing of the argument, but that wasn't why it was posted here.
Exactly.
Theres a time for debate and theres a time for us to share our frustrations with living in a world that only seeks to further ostracize the suicidal.
Yes!
So absolutely true.

More clips from the same rant tomorrow morning... I promise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleh and eternaltroubador
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Hey I recognise that voice! It's gotta be Inmendham on Youtube (are you Inmendham?!) The pitch has been lowered in your audio clip, it seems like. I hope I'm not catching something you wanted to keep secret, but I can't just ignore it.

He's credited with the creation of the EFILIST movement, a type of antinatalist movement, if I'm not mistaken. Though I don't agree with all of this views, I'm definitely with him on this one, and many others.

• Wow
Reactions: 262653
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
Hey I recognise that voice!
No comment.

Trust me, it's gonna be more fun if we let it "trickle out", rather than jump to the end.

More tomorrow... I promise.

Last edited:
Reactions: aneurysm and Superdeterminist
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
I like how emotional and honest he is in his way of expressing himself. I personally find it emotionally releasing to listen to.

I don't think it's made to be an argumentative, I think he was simply venting and I like it.

• Love
Reactions: Bleh, Superdeterminist, eternaltroubador and 1 other person
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
I'd recommend checking out videos like this:

While the professor is not in favor of suicide he is far from dogmatic in his presentation, the way anyone associated with psychology or psychiatry would be, since he's a professor of philosophy.

Reactions: profoundexperience and finalexit
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
Also, at 00:23 seconds a claim was made that there are "laws against suicide." This is incorrect.

Just saw this video today. To be fair to myself, I was thinking the West only. But since I didn't say that, I guess I gotta take the L here.

(The video is age-restricted to over 18s and requires you to be signed in. Because reasons. Because Google. Video is called Malaysia is Jailing People for Attempted Suicide.)

• Love
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
To be fair to myself, I was thinking the West only.
It's absurd: To punish someone (and the Western countries did do it in the past)... can't make life any more "worth living".

Still, even in countries where suicide is legal... assisting a suicide IS NOT. So, the laws in effect force the suicide to perform a very risky, "medical procedure" on themselves. And then there are cases of severely disabled who cannot commit suicide without help.

Imho, we're still a far cry from suicide really being "legal".

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc