BehindTheWorld

BehindTheWorld

Jan 10, 2024
I'm an urban explorer and I spend a lot of time at construction sites to climb construction cranes and rooftops of unfinished buildings.

The thought of jumping has always crossed my mind. The heights are almost always well above 10 stories. What draws me to the idea is the fact construction sites are inaccessible and have a tall fence all around. No passerbys are gonna be mentally scarred by my remains glued to the ground and scattered everywhere, especially children.

As for the workers, I thought about leaving a large sign at their entrance door informing them. Or I can break open the gate (which is always held by a couple wires at best) and call the ambulance right before doing it.

The more I think about it, it sounds less like a fantasy and more and more feasible. I love the activity of crane climbing and rooftoping, i love city skylines. It's something that resonates with a lot of things I went through in life, I'd love to go out in such a way at such a place.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wires&knives, Unhingedloser, wildbluekiss and 7 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
ahhhh this is something i'd <3 to do!!! sounds like a dream. also, so cool you're an explorer, i've always wished & wanted to be 1. i bet you've seen some cool things in ur explorations.

i think it sounds entirely feasible, esp if you've done it before, up to the kys part @ least. & good idea abt leaving a note for the workers, it sounds like a perfect plan.

if you're able to jump try to telepathically lmk what you're thinking & feeling in those secs b4 u hit the ground😭jumping's my method too & i've always wondered what goes through jumpers heads after falling. i'm expecting the fear, & i don't have to worry abt regretting it, i just wish i knew what they mainly feel/think in that moment. it's the main thing that makes my SI so potent.

• Love
Reactions: worthIess and BehindTheWorld
BehindTheWorld

BehindTheWorld

Jan 10, 2024
ahhhh this is something i'd <3 to do!!! sounds like a dream. also, so cool you're an explorer, i've always wished & wanted to be 1. i bet you've seen some cool things in ur explorations.

i think it sounds entirely feasible, esp if you've done it before, up to the kys part @ least. & good idea abt leaving a note for the workers, it sounds like a perfect plan.

if you're able to jump try to telepathically lmk what you're thinking & feeling in those secs b4 u hit the ground😭jumping's my method too & i've always wondered what goes through jumpers heads after falling. i'm expecting the fear, & i don't have to worry abt regretting it, i just wish i knew what they mainly feel/think in that moment. it's the main thing that makes my SI so potent.
i've been on the edge numerous times, but never with a real intention to do it. i'd think about how it would play out though. and, to me, it seemed like i could really imagine the feel of it. i could imagine the speed, the fear, powerlessness, the discomfort of your brain racing for solutions.

like my mind was already alerting me of what it's really like, and that by jumping i'd just prove it's point. to be fair, i know exactly how jumping from heights feels since i also dive. when i was starting out, even though i knew i'd be fine, i couldn't bring myself to do it. when i eventually did, my body would curl up reflexively. it takes some time to really be comfortable with it, even then you can feel the wariness of your own mind.

i'm sure most would immediately impulsively regret jumping.

Nyxð“‚€

Nyxð“‚€

Xerox Of A Xerox
Jan 19, 2024
Where I live is surrounded by construction and all that stuff and like how tf how didn't I think of this?? jumping is my most feasible method and this makes it so much simpler.
I also reckon if you do it on a weekend or some time when thr workers wouldn't be turning up and and call like the ambo's or cops like u said that would have an effect on minimal people. like no construction workers and just the couple first responders that turn up.

• Love
Reactions: BehindTheWorld
caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
I actually forgot construction sites are a thing because I never see them where I live. Pretty cool idea if it's definitely high enough to ensure no miraculous survival. I'd be terrified of ending up getting saved by the ambulance.

Reactions: BehindTheWorld
Sn0w_ang3l

Sn0w_ang3l

When spring comes, ill disappear
Oct 2, 2023
You're really cool, i hope it turns out the best for you no matter what you do.

• Love
Reactions: Wires&knives and BehindTheWorld
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I wanna emphasize that I am not encouraging you to commit suicide when I say it sounds like this method was made for you. It sounds perfect as you are already acquainted with high rise buildings and diving, You could easily access tall buildings, You would have a peace of mind knowing you won't be scarring innocent people for life. The fact that you love crane climbing and rooftoping, it feels almost poetic to go out this way. I wish you luck whatever you decide on.

• Love
Reactions: wildbluekiss, BehindTheWorld and divinemistress36
dynastickitten

dynastickitten

Jan 12, 2024

You can find testimonies from people who have survived jumping. I'm not sure it's going to be very comforting though. Most of them regret it about halfway down, no matter how committed, and most say they had the realization that every single one of their problems could be fixed.

I think there's a lot of confirmation bias at play though. The people interviewed are usually people that have recovered from the mental illness pushing them towards suicide.

In any case, it still stops me in my tracks.

Reactions: ctvunny and hikikomorizombie
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
I think there's a lot of confirmation bias at play though. The people interviewed are usually people that have recovered from the mental illness pushing them towards suicide.

In any case, it still stops me in my tracks.
yeah i stay away from suicide survivor testimonies bc imo they're always doing the pro-lifer dance. their entire face will be gone/horribly disfigured, or they're paralyzed now, & are still saying 'i realized life's precious & it's a permanent solution to a temp problem', or other corny platitudes like it's convincing @ all. or they weren't ppl in my situation, essentially having no1 & nothing, so obv they were able to find a reason to stay alive afterwards.

i wish i could like be on call w some1 when they jumped & get a play by play of their thoughts & feelings otw down😭it takes 1.2 secs to fall from the min height required for death, & only 500 millisecs to have a thought. that's what always stops me.

Reactions: LastFlowers
dynastickitten

dynastickitten

Jan 12, 2024
yeah i stay away from suicide survivor testimonies bc imo they're always doing the pro-lifer dance. their entire face will be gone/horribly disfigured, or they're paralyzed now, & are still saying 'i realized life's precious & it's a permanent solution to a temp problem', or other corny platitudes like it's convincing @ all. or they weren't ppl in my situation, essentially having no1 & nothing, so obv they were able to find a reason to stay alive afterwards.

i wish i could like be on call w some1 when they jumped & get a play by play of their thoughts & feelings otw down😭it takes 1.2 secs to fall from the min height required for death, & only 500 millisecs to have a thought. that's what always stops me.
Do you mind if I message you?

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
There are also reports of survivors that went unconscious mid air. The mind sometimes will see the pain coming and shut down to protect it self. So maybe you won't have a chance for much of those last second thoughts.

Reactions: Unhingedloser