Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
does anyone else have constant anxiety? not so much always watching behind you or whatever but......its like this physical feeling that sits just below the surface of the skin, just waiting for any little tiny thing so it can jump out and drag you into the depths of.......im not sure but the place is not fun at all and very dark.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bauhaus, Lostandlooking, walktothewater and 6 others
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Yeah it always strikes me as odd when I find out a lot of people don't constantly live in a state of semi-anticipation of something about to go disastrously wrong, which only grows stronger the better things seem to go.

Sometimes it's literally something that pops in to my own head that can cause it, like the idea of something happening that there's basically no chance of. I have to take gulps of air after I walk past someone in the street because I'm essentially holding my breath in fear.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bauhaus, TooConscious, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I don't think it's extremely sever compared to a lot of people but pretty constant yeah

• Hugs
Reactions: Bauhaus, TooConscious and Ghost2211
everbuzzingone

everbuzzingone

Nov 6, 2020
I've had that constant anxiety feeling you explain at many points in my life over the past 12 years or so. Had four REALLY bad episodes of it over the past five years with each episode lasting many months. Usually though I live at a constant low level of anxiety constantly overthinking everything and feeling generally uneasy... also find it perplexing how people can go about their daily lives without the constant fear of feeling anxious.

• Hugs
Reactions: tryingtoescape, Bauhaus, TooConscious and 2 others
violetsaturn

violetsaturn

Oct 28, 2020
Yes! Constantly. I've asked a few of my friends who also have anxiety if it is constant for them and they always say no, that it's completely based off the situation they are in, which is crazy to me. Of course, my anxiety definitely can get worse based off my surroundings and what I am doing/have to do, but it doesn't stop when I am home or resting or whatever. Like I can try all I want to tell myself that I am safe and it is okay to chill out but it's like my body is on constant alert, I have insane insomnia because of it. It is so hard to sleep when your body won't stop jumping/twitching/shaking because it thinks you are in danger. It's literally to the point that even just laying down and watching tv I have tachycardia and chest pain. (I've had this checked out bc of an ER trip that resulted in me wearing a heart monitor for a month, it is not cardiac) My hands are always shaking and I can never stop moving. If I'm not shaking my leg(s) then I am destroying my nails/skin around my nails. And if I'm not doing either of those I am biting the inside of my cheeks until they are raw. I gave myself TMJ because of my constant jaw-clenching and then teeth grinding @ night. My cardiologist literally told my psychiatrist he needs to prescribe me benzos bc all of the other anxiety meds (propranolol, buspar, hydroxyzine, prozac, zoloft, cymbalta, etc.) had absolutely zero effect, and the fact that my heart is now working at double the rate it should EVEN with meds for high blood pressure and tachycardia is not a great sign. It makes me feel better to see that I am not alone in this lmao.

• Hugs
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Anxiety sucks. Depression I can handle but anxiety is something else. I just want to feel relaxed and calm.

• Hugs
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yea, it never stops even with meds, unless they totally knock me out like benzos..but then I'm non functional

• Hugs
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
yes, I've always been extremely neurotic by nature, but I always have the anxiety that something bad will happen. it's like a baseline level. but then it increases in more stressful situations, like being in work or uni (I know none of these are inherently that stressful, but they are for me), or anything worse than that.

Reactions: TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I would say Anxiety made my life what it is. A traumatising pile of crap worthless to everyone in its reach. The extent of good I can do to help others is like doing my grandma's shopping because she can't. If I wasn't apathetic and on benzos I would be curled up in a corner. Last time I got to danger zone I felt survival instinct like never before despite how many pages I write about how futile and evil existence is, I must face it I'm a life addict. Anxiety that was undiagnosed until 18 meant I didn't develop properly mentally. I'm not a person I'm like an automated cyber bot of the most boring kind, just. With a huge dick.

in hell out soon

in hell out soon

Student
Apr 27, 2020
A lot of the time I'm waiting for the next big fuck up. The next thing to go wrong. The next inevitable failure or next time I'm shouted at or abused. The next big things to worry about. Or deaths in the family. Two family members might have cancer. One got confirmed blood cancer and one might have bowel cancer. The first is a family friend and the second is my grandma. So much other shits been happening too...

everything is so much...

• Love
Reactions: Bagger
W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
Yes, I have the same. Sleep is my only relief. Some day soon I hope to go to sleep and not wake up.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Yes, anxiety is constantly there, and it has a lot of physical effects on me as well. I'm always tense and most of the time I have a slight sick feeling in my stomach, worse in the morning after I wake up, which makes it hard to eat breakfast. Even the tiniest things sets me off and my anxiety is totally uncontrollable. The most embarrassing thing is that it often makes me cry and I can't stop it. I hate it.