zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
i know its not the best idea, but i would like a quick and easy death, and I dont have access to SN
if partial hanging doesnt work out, i may go to a shooting range to have an introductory class, and shoot myself.

• Love
Reactions: annointed_towers, secretsfromthecity and Orbitc
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I know nothing about shooting ranges but this is an interesting idea. I can't legally buy a gun in the US because of my involuntary hospitalization and legal issues. Not sure if I'm allowed to handle a gun then? I probably wouldn't want to do it in front of people though.
Edit: I feel like surely they must have safeguards against this though? Seems too good to be true lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Orbitc
PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
Don't traumatize other people :(

• Yay!
Reactions: Ukera666, icedancer, Myforevercharlie and 13 others
A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
i know its not the best idea, but i would like a quick and easy death, and I dont have access to SNf
if partial hanging doesnt work out, i may go to a shooting range to have an introductory class, and shoot myself.
I'd check out the firearms megathread. I don't know if this is true but they said you need to aim for the brainstem (which I believe controls the hearts pumping and your breathing when you're not manually doing it). They said anything short of a shotgun would be bad UNLESS you can aim. I'd check it out though. I'm not the smartest.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, secretsfromthecity and DyingToDie123
bret217

bret217

Oct 25, 2023
high chance of brain damage?
Depends on the firearm and location firing. If things don't go right DO be prepared to be highly disabled/a vegetable. Best case scenario is about 83% with a 12ga. aiming about 10cm above your last vertebrae.

Reactions: sincerelysad and FloridaWorthless
B

barelylivin

Oct 25, 2023
i know its not the best idea, but i would like a quick and easy death, and I dont have access to SN
if partial hanging doesnt work out, i may go to a shooting ra
Depends on the firearm and location firing. If things don't go right DO be prepared to be highly disabled/a vegetable. Best case scenario is about 83% with a 12ga. aiming about 10cm above your last vertebrae.

nge to have an introductory class, and shoot myself

if partial hanging doesnt work out, i may go to a shooting range to have an introductory class, and shoot myseif you can't

If you can't shoot properly they will stand by you in case you make a stupid move. It might work but you would need to make the instructor trust you with a weapon but also please don't traumatize them there are better ways to go

Reactions: wtfislife and DeadlineDialer
chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
I can't recommend. Other than the obvious traumatizing randoms argument, you put yourself into a scenario where you have to get it right exactly and die right away. Cause 911 will be called instantly compared to ctb-ing in a remote location where you give yourself more time to achieve 100% death.

Reactions: Celerity
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
I don't agree with the other people on this thread.
Imo, it's a very good method.
Gunshot to the head is one the most quickest, painless and the most reliable method there is.

Reactions: just_a_guy, doormat25, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
For some time I seriously considered this method. Then I found out that it's just about as easy to buy a shotgun where I live as it is to go rent one at a range.

Having your own gun allows you to carefully work out the logistics of taking one lethal shot, despite the awkwardness of having the business end of the weapon over here, and the trigger way over there. You also don't have to worry about an instructor fouling your shot, perhaps getting hurt, which you will then be prosecuted for.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, secretsfromthecity and DeadlineDialer
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
When I was at a shooting range before, people were very cautious if you moved your gun awkwardly (even just vaguely pointing it in the wrong direction, like of a person, even with safety on, people wanna be 100 % safe with this stuff).

I think considering how unpredictable and messy SI can be, the potential window you would have to actually shoot yourself would be very small, and if you didn't do it asap, you put yourself at *very* high risk of getting hospitalized or arrested, which your SI might force you to submit to.
Or someone restrains you as soon as they can - remember, they don't know you, they don't know that you're only seeking to take out yourself and not a danger to others.

Better to have one in a private setting, if you can secure that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Celerity, lifeisbutadream and MyChoiceAlone
SovietSuicide

SovietSuicide

Student
Jan 8, 2022
I've seen a few videos of this method and thought about it. You wanna shoot the brain stem. If you feel the back of your neck/skull it should be right where you can feel the bone as you draw your hand upwards.

If the gun is in your mouth it's about a 10-15 degree angle upwards.

You will traumatize the shooting instructor though and you have to be extremely quick before someone stops you. Being a regular and going a few times will reduce their suspicions.

I don't reject the possibility we may have to justify ourselves in the afterlife so I've tried to live my life morally and I think traumatizing someone else like this wouldn't be justifiable.

There's only one action I committed which I think was immoral and I regret it so much, think about it a lot. I was about 12/13 and I was frustrated with being bullied and my parents so I kicked my dog out of anger.

Jumping is more justifiable so you will have peace of mind and as long as it's high enough I think the success chance is greater.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I would be cautious for a few reasons.
Clay pigeon shooting usually involves birdshot, which will work, but isn't recommended. Also, shotguns used for clay pigeon shooting tend to be quite long, you may not be able to aim it at yourself, and you can't really know if you could aim it at yourself unless you do, in which case someone will likely snatch it off you at that point.

Reactions: Arcitect
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I read here of a case where someone used this method. The owners of the range had to shoulder heavy costs during the aftermath. That's not cool.

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000, BlackMoon and Celerity
A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
yep going to this clay pigeon range where they use shotguns

I would be cautious for a few reasons.
Clay pigeon shooting usually involves birdshot, which will work, but isn't recommended. Also, shotguns used for clay pigeon shooting tend to be quite long, you may not be able to aim it at yourself, and you can't really know if you could aim it at yourself unless you do, in which case someone will likely snatch it off you at that point.
I didn't even think of the ammunition type! Good point. CTB by firearm is the one you cannot fuck up b/c you'll be disabled / a vegetable if you do

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I didn't even think of the ammunition type! Good point. CTB by firearm is the one you cannot fuck up b/c you'll be disabled / a vegetable if you do
Ammunition type is surprisingly important. If you've ever heard of a case of someone surviving a shotgun blast to the face, I bet that birdshot was used. It can work, but do you really want to take the chance?
I mean, if the range offers buckshot or slugs, then sure, go ahead, but I imagine that would take place on a different part of the range where they shoot regular, stationary targets, with clay pigeons they're gonna be using birdshot.

• Informative
Reactions: Arcitect
L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
I also considered this but i imagine there are many safety measures, plus i'm not in a "gun country" so it would be weird maybe seeing a young and strange guy going alone there, so i would be watched even more.

S

saltedslug

Aug 1, 2023
Anything that potentially injures or traumatizes others in the process should not even be considered. The people at the range don't deserve to be traumatized for life and potentially lose their livelihood just because you chose to end your life. Blowing your brains out in front of an innocent person is indescribably selfish and it will stay with them for the rest of their lives. If it must be a gun find somewhere else to do it.

Reactions: voidstar and ThanatopicFugue
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
No way around not traumatizing someone plus I won't be here to care.
Actually directly witnessing the act is particularly bad, especially if they weren't expecting or prepared for it at all. Not to.mention the effect it has on their livelihood.

Reactions: voidstar and Hardcore_Henry
D

DepartingWolf

May 29, 2023
Actually directly witnessing the act is particularly bad, especially if they weren't expecting or prepared for it at all. Not to.mention the effect it has on their livelihood.
Sounds like their problem. I have no empathy for those around me so I could care less if I traumatize a bunch of people. The more the better.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
I know nothing about shooting ranges but this is an interesting idea. I can't legally buy a gun in the US because of my involuntary hospitalization and legal issues. Not sure if I'm allowed to handle a gun then? I probably wouldn't want to do it in front of people though.
Edit: I feel like surely they must have safeguards against this though? Seems too good to be true lol
In Australia, the handguns are attached to a wired frame, so you can't turn the gun around. Lmao.

Reactions: ASBA999
thedevilwithin

thedevilwithin

anima vestra
Oct 4, 2023
Sounds like their problem. I have no empathy for those around me so I could care less if I traumatize a bunch of people. The more the better.
you shouldn't be so selfish.

• Yay!
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and DepartingWolf
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Ranges do keep an eye out for this. It happens just enough to be a problem.
Like jumping in front of a train, you would invite everyone there to watch you die. A very public death.
A bad idea.