• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Z

ZiggyStardust

Mar 8, 2019
I feel somewhat confused about my motivation to CTB, so I am hoping to get some clarity by just laying it all out here.
There is so much to look forward to in my life, stuff that I am really excited about like an overseas trip in a few weeks, an adventure, reunion with friends and family etc. I love going to the gym, working out, meditating, simple pleasures. I am not depressed either, or maybe I am but it is not clear to me because I don't exhibit the usual symptoms.

Yet all the time there is the underlying suicidal ideation where I keep thinking 'yep, now is a good time to sign off'. Every.Single.Day.
The big 'why' for me is - because I will die anyway, why wait. I'd rather do it when the party is in full swing than when I am starting to lose my faculties or independence.
Of course that is also a great illusion of having some degree of control because for all I know I could step out of the house tomorrow and get run over by a truck, rendering me permanently and severely disabled without any measure of control because I'll be totally dependent.

I want to feel I have control over my death, I want to do it on my terms. I want to flip the bird at all the pro-lifers and say F.Y. - stick your morals elsewhere.
Many years working in my medical profession had me exposed to the unnecessary prolonging of life against people's will and I really resented that I had to partake in it.

So, after getting all this down it looks like it comes down to wanting to do it on my terms and not be told I must participate in life prolonging measures to make others feel better about themselves and keep them in their job.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Kikoo Loool
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
If you're confused about your motivations, take time to think and discuss about it and don't ctb too quickly! I mean: I'm not prolife but I'll not support your choice if you're not sure of it.

Reactions: Redt2go, CC123 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Z

ZiggyStardust

Mar 8, 2019
If you're confused about your motivations, take time to think and discuss about it and don't ctb too quickly! I mean: I'm not prolife but I'll not support your choice if you're not sure of it.

I am sure of my choice but was curious about what motivates me. First time I tried to CTB I was 10yrs old, so it is nothing radically new to my thinking.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Redt2go