hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
I wish I wasn't as weak minded as I am.

Comparing myself to others makes me realise I need to step it up and just do what's best for me - which is to ctb.

I'm 30, yet I'll see an article about a teen who caught the bus and I think 'if they can do it, why can't I or why haven't I yet?' or, even though I know money or marriage doesn't buy happiness, but someone who has a successful career or someone with a spouse and/or kids. I don't have anything to live for, nor do I want anything as it would make the decision to leave harder, but whenever I see these articles and their photos I think 'you had or were doing so much more than me', 'compared to me you had so much more to lose or more to give up' yet they still had more courage and determination. I mean it's just frustrating.. it shouldn't be this difficult, and when I think about it logically it isn't either, it's just overcoming the initial fear and SI.

Like hanging for example. It doesn't require some fancy rope, special equipment or tons of planning. Most hangings tend to be more of an impulsive action anyway and there's been plenty of cases where people have used a belt, shoelaces, a rope tie, a scarf, bedsheets, whatever.. and used a steady anchor, which also doesn't have to be special. I could've done it at any point in the last 17 years but I still haven't. Really makes me feel pathetic. I can't live and I can't die. I want to can that to 'I could live, but I want to die, and I will'

Urghhhaaddkfkfisjsusb
*finger smashing keyboard*

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Isisnefert, WornOutLife and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, comparing myself to others increased my suicidal level lots.
You gotta stop doing it and you'll feel better.
How? Well, simply realizing that every person is different.

For example, you might not have as much money as people who are your age but maybe you may not have to deal with an annoying family and a slave job.

Another example, you might not be as successful as your ex classmates but at least you don't look as old as them.

There's always something positive. Now, if I compare myself to others, I ignore the negative stuff and I just look at what I'm better at. For instance, I'm a 33-year-old suicidal guy but most of my ex friends around my age are unhappy with their jobs and families whereas I just love being lonely and what I do; teaching.

• Love
Reactions: Ame and Isisnefert
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
I wish I wasn't as weak minded as I am.

Comparing myself to others makes me realise I need to step it up and just do what's best for me - which is to ctb.

Tengo 30 años, pero veo un artículo sobre un adolescente que tomó el autobús y pienso 'si pueden hacerlo, ¿por qué yo no puedo o por qué no lo he hecho todavía?' o, aunque sé que el dinero o el matrimonio no compran la felicidad, sino alguien que tiene una carrera exitosa o alguien con un cónyuge y / o hijos. No tengo nada por lo que vivir, ni quiero nada, ya que tomaría la decisión de irme más difícil, pero cada vez que veo estos artículos y sus fotos pienso 'tuviste o estabas haciendo mucho más que yo', ' en comparación conmigo, tenías mucho más que perder o más que renunciar ", pero aún tenían más coraje y determinación. Quiero decir que es frustrante ... no debería ser tan difícil, y cuando lo pienso, lógicamente tampoco lo es, solo está superando el miedo inicial y la SI.

Como colgar, por ejemplo. No requiere una cuerda elegante, equipo especial o toneladas de planificación. La mayoría de las cortinas tienden a ser más una acción impulsiva de todos modos y ha habido muchos casos en los que las personas han usado un cinturón, cordones de zapatos, una corbata, una bufanda, sábanas, lo que sea ... y han usado un ancla estable, que tampoco tiene ser especial. Podría haberlo hecho en cualquier momento de los últimos 17 años, pero todavía no lo he hecho. Realmente me hace sentir patético. No puedo vivir y no puedo morir. Quiero poder eso a 'Podría vivir, pero quiero morir, y lo haré'

Urghhhaaddkfkfisjsusb
* teclado para romper los dedos *
The same i usually compare with others my age, 33, all the timetime, it is inevitable, i Am lost, i left jobs due To immadurityimmadurity and now, I regret it, I depend on others to Live, i have a partner but i think he will leave me soon

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame