J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Have you ever had negative feelings about yourself? I know i have. "I'm such a weakling, such a brainless little shit etc." Those can be pretty strong feelings at times. You know what helped me get over it? "But i'm such a nice person, nicer than most people i've known etc." Because of having this mentality towards these issues i have, nowadays i think: "i guess im a weakling, but so what? As long as i don't have to constantly face that fact coming from others, it doesn't bother me."

I had this realization, that all the genuinely bad people I know, they do the same thing. They think "i'm a terrible person, i've done this and that, i'm a real piece of shit". And then comes the but part. "But i'm so strong/smart/fast/funny/good looking/good at checkers, that i'll get a pass".

We can blabber about the common good all we want, it's all just talk. The truth that has been in front of your eyes all the time, is that in the collective, social sense, our values are completely and utterly contradictory, and thus, worthless. The ideal human being is both sensitive and unfeeling, both compassionate and selfish, both hard and soft, hot and cold, etc. It's take your pick, whatever ideals you don't meet, you can always compensate with something else. In the real world, people who are everything and nothing at once like the ideal human being don't actually exist, so people are genuinely surprised when they find out that the tough/cold people they know are actually tough/cold etc. People who actually have some real values that they are vocal about, and expect others to have them too, are generally seen as annoying, socially inept clowns. Which is what they often are.

The values that exist in our society are all about preserving our perceived self-worth at any cost, and that's that. In reality, nothing you can possibly do/be makes you worthless as a human being, according to the rules we all play by. (want it or not) There is always some commonly used and accepted way around different dilemmas concerning self-worth, moral or the other kind. Everything that you are, has existed before in some form, so someone else has probably already paved that road nicely for you to use, someone just like you is out there ready to pat you on the back on the moment you really need it saying "don't worry, you'll get over it, just like I did". And you will.

Last edited:
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Being a good and nice person means nothing these days. You need to make a big impact to get noticed. When I die, next to no one is going to remember me because I was polite.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, natali4 and 1 other person
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
People used to be able to make impacts within communities. Your neighbor would remember your kindness when you shared part of your harvest, and that good deed would not go unnoticed.

Small acts of kindness meant more. Globalisation and instant access to information have turned everything into a commodity, people can easily be replaced, nothing is remembered unless it covers very large ground.

We are more connected supposedly, yet more isolated.

A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
People used to be able to make impacts within communities. Your neighbor would remember your kindness when you shared part of your harvest, and that good deed would not go unnoticed.

Small acts of kindness meant more. Globalisation and instant access to information have turned everything into a commodity, people can easily be replaced, nothing is remembered unless it covers very large ground.

We are more connected supposedly, yet more isolated.
I'll copy and paste what I said last time.
I really dislike this argument because pro-lifers would use this to say "see they dont want to die, we just need to force these people into social places". I dont fucking care if I had an entire tribe taking care of me, I still would want to die and being forced to interact with a bunch of dumb strangers would just make me want to die even more, suicide isnt due to loneliness it's due to specific circumstances and anyone who says otherwise is a moron

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I'll copy and paste what I said last time.
I really dislike this argument because pro-lifers would use this to say "see they dont want to die, we just need to force these people into social places". I dont fucking care if I had an entire tribe taking care of me, I still would want to die and being forced to interact with a bunch of dumb strangers would just make me want to die even more, suicide isnt due to loneliness it's due to specific circumstances and anyone who says otherwise is a moron
Not everyone has the same reasons for wanting to ctb, I think there are a lot of people here who suffer a lot due to loneliness, myself included, but I agree with you that the typical pro-life at all cost argument tries to project a specific narrative onto every suicidal person.

They will say the suicidal person could've been helped by xyz, when all they are doing is speculating and will never know the rationale of why someone ctb and projecting their inrepretation of what that person wanted. Typically these sentiments are empty words as they don't make any actual effort whatsoever to address or alleviate the root causes of what makes people not want to live.

It's hard to acknowledge that some problems don't have solutions. Isolation tends to speeds up the decline of people who are already suffering from illnesses, trauma, shit life circumstances, ennui, meaninglessness etc so it's a convenient scapegoat and talking point for "advocacy groups" who don't really care about opinions from actual suicidal people, imo.