Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I may end up using my suicide as a way to get back at a family member that was pretty unfair to both me and my mother in particular. The family member in question is my grandmother. In short she gave unfair and unequal inheritance to my mom if compared to her other children and split the family in half with her poor decisions. Both me and my mother are very angry at her and vengeful.

We are also poor and get treated lesser by her since years for this too. Grandma really prefers her sons over her only daughter and I found out that she has an unfair gender preference towards men and dislikes women for their sex alone, this includes her granddaughters (me and my cousin). It's highly hypocritical but I digress.

I thought of framing my eventual suicide as an act of defiance against her bullshit by explaining my reasoning in my final notes. I don't know if it would make her feel regret but it could have an effect on the rest of family to turn against her or be more critical of her. If I can't achieve much in life maybe I can achieve something with my death.

Either way one day I will ctb but this more or less just an idea to take revenge on a person who wronged me in the past.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and The Tablet
UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
Hmmm I want to say perhaps you could wait it out till she dies and see what waits for you then? Because someone like her will only get angry and treat women worse from your possible choice to ctb, at least from what I can tell. Otherwise, I hope whatever action you take will bring you peace and will resolve any other negative emotions.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature, LoiteringClouds and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Hmmm I want to say perhaps you could wait it out till she dies and see what waits for you then? Because someone like her will only get angry and treat women worse from your possible choice to ctb, at least from what I can tell. Otherwise, I hope whatever action you take will bring you peace and will resolve any other negative emotions.
I fear she would like to see me dead and then have the opposite effect occure

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
I think you've already given thought to the idea that it may be what your grandmother wants.
I am by no means advocating that you do not CTB, it's a personal decision to make. I do not know you or your story/circumstances at all, and having said that, the loss of your life to take revenge on someone whose is past their best years already seems a bit..unworthy of your life.
Wouldnt it be better to at least outlast her and see her suffering?

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, luisamanequim and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
CTBing for someone else is not a good idea.

I know a lot of people here say family will always remember and never forget, trust me, everyone moves on, usually quickly.

I have seen many suicides over the years and the families grieve for a bit then people crack on with life.

Reactions: worthIess, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Thanksforeverything and 4 others
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
Nah no one is worth that. IMO the reasons should be because you are ready to die for whatever reason but not out of any sense of revenge. I don't think people who don't care suddenly care. You can't fix the soulless.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, UnwillingSavior, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 1 other person
W

WheelSucker459

Will follow you wherever
Jan 13, 2024
Relate man but if they only care about themselves then they probably wont feel what you want them to

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I think you've already given thought to the idea that it may be what your grandmother wants.
I am by no means advocating that you do not CTB, it's a personal decision to make. I do not know you or your story/circumstances at all, and having said that, the loss of your life to take revenge on someone whose is past their best years already seems a bit..unworthy of your life.
Wouldnt it be better to at least outlast her and see her suffering?
I guess that it's true. But note that my general motivation to ctb anyway is not so much revenge but just I find life unbearable and the revenge part was more or less just an afterthought.

I would not kill myself just to screw with some else: that's silly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Slow_Farewell and LoiteringClouds
The Tablet

The Tablet

drawing myself to death ā€
Jul 8, 2021
I guess that it's true. But note that my general motivation to ctb anyway is not so much revenge but just I find life unbearable and the revenge part was more or less just an afterthought.

I would not kill myself just to screw with some else: that's silly.
neither would i, but it's a nice bonus šŸ˜‰

Reactions: Slow_Farewell, UnwillingSavior and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
luisamanequim

luisamanequim

Nov 8, 2023
CTBing for someone else is not a good idea.

I know a lot of people here say family will always remember and never forget, trust me, everyone moves on, usually quickly.

I have seen many suicides over the years and the families grieve for a bit then people crack on with life.
100% facts. my uncle ctb and it was 100% my family faults for ignoring his cries for help, they cried on his funeral, didn't get him a gravestone (eventually the cemitery lost his body), fought over his personal belongs (not for money but to show much they cared abt him) and then they forgot. only remembered him when Facebook sent a notification of his birthday, they made a post talking abt how much they missed him and that was it, then some asshole deleted his account so now they rarely talk about him and when they do they talk as if he was alive and everything is normal.

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and UnwillingSavior
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Only do it to end your own suffering and let the cards fall as they may, as far as which survivors lament your passing goes.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Dare I say, tell her how you feel to her face. Easier said than done, but oddly effective.

"What they say about you is true"
"You are a bitch"
Or my personal favorite:
"Oh my god, what happened? Your teeth look so yellow!"

B

boblong

Student
Mar 15, 2023
But the question is , does your grandmother care? Ctbing also causes your mother trauma and guilt for years. There must be other ways to make them pay , suicide is not an effective option.

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
But the question is , does your grandmother care? Ctbing also causes your mother trauma and guilt for years. There must be other ways to make them pay , suicide is not an effective option.
I think I would indeed cause my mother more pain than my grandmother and I suspect that my mother will take her life after I've done so because it would hurt her so much. But I need to seek death desperately and need my own pain to end. It's selfish I know but staying alive is just as selfish because you only care about yourself.

absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
Not gunna lie, I know for a fact my mom took her own life as a way to get back at me and all it did was make life better since I already knew she didn't like me and her death only made people come out of the woodworks against her actions. Your family may vary of course but just making clear it the exact opposite can happen too.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Do it for you and no one else. Don't complicate people in YOUR suicide

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I think I would indeed cause my mother more pain than my grandmother and I suspect that my mother will take her life after I've done so because it would hurt her so much. But I need to seek death desperately and need my own pain to end. It's selfish I know but staying alive is just as selfish because you only care about yourself.
You are supposed to be selfish (to a point), it is not a negative attribute. Your reasons are your own and only you can judge the decision. I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Be well on your journey.

• Love
Reactions: reclaimedbynature and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
Nope! Taking suicide because I deserve peace. šŸŒ¤ļø

• Love
Reactions: reclaimedbynature
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Do it for you and no one else. Don't complicate people in YOUR suicide
Alas I have overthought this and do not intend suicide as a pure revenge fantasy. I want to die for different reasons anyway but I suspect my death might cause the suicide of my mother because she can't bear to see me gone.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Alas I have overthought this and do not intend suicide as a pure revenge fantasy. I want to die for different reasons anyway but I suspect my death might cause the suicide of my mother because she can't bear to see me gone.
Do you get on with your mother?

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Do you get on with your mother?
We get on very well and I'm bothered by the fact that I know I could hurt her with my decision. But I find life unbearable so I'll go through with it anyway.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I may end up using my suicide as a way to get back at a family member that was pretty unfair to both me and my mother in particular. The family member in question is my grandmother. In short she gave unfair and unequal inheritance to my mom if compared to her other children and split the family in half with her poor decisions. Both me and my mother are very angry at her and vengeful.

We are also poor and get treated lesser by her since years for this too. Grandma really prefers her sons over her only daughter and I found out that she has an unfair gender preference towards men and dislikes women for their sex alone, this includes her granddaughters (me and my cousin). It's highly hypocritical but I digress.

I thought of framing my eventual suicide as an act of defiance against her bullshit by explaining my reasoning in my final notes. I don't know if it would make her feel regret but it could have an effect on the rest of family to turn against her or be more critical of her. If I can't achieve much in life maybe I can achieve something with my death.

Either way one day I will ctb but this more or less just an idea to take revenge on a person who wronged me in the past.
For me it's about an escape. If it made my family feel some sort of way that's just a bonus.

Reactions: The Tablet