E

Efem

Feb 10, 2019
I'd just like to know people's opinions on this. I've thought about killing myself in an old public (I think it's public at least) cemetery nearby.

tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
Maybe that is considered disrespectful to those who lie there?
Just my personal opinion, probably not the best place to CTB...

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Jolene40, littlelungs and 3 others
H

Honigwaffel

Student
Apr 9, 2019
I'd just like to know people's opinions on this. I've thought about killing myself in an old public (I think it's public at least) cemetery nearby.
It depends on the method you want to use. Many of them depend on not getting found early. A public place might not be the best choice if you want privacy.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, ArtVandelay, Soul and 3 others
Escaper Boy

Escaper Boy

累坏了...
Apr 11, 2019
Watch out of evil ghosty!

Joke aside, you'd better consider the practicality of your location. Cemetery is an open public place. Some random people might walk nearby and notice your attempt. That's one unknown variable that you have to deal with.

On the other hand, cemetery can be a good spot to really contemplate the meaning of life and death. You have a real proof in front of you regarding the impermanence of our lives. This could make the process of ctb'ing easier.

I still don't think that's a pleasant place though.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Jolene40, coileanbeag and 4 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
In public place I think best time is slightly past 3:30am and to slightly before 4:40am.

You likely would have to gauge the time on who possibly wakes up early and goes by where you would either be hanging yourself, consuming poison or whatever. I would advise going to the suicide spot at the time period and on the same day of the week for several days before acting on suicide. Reason is to see if anyone has a daily path that goes by where you're considering to act on suicide. This is all to drastically lower the chance of interference from some bystander.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Marz, Efem and 1 other person
omw/2/ctb

omw/2/ctb

Nothing in his life became him like the leaving it
Mar 29, 2019
There's a certain economy to the idea, and I don't personally believe there's any chance the current residents will be put out (their survivors are another story of course). Seriously though, I have to agree with Escaper Boy that
...cemetery can be a good spot to really contemplate the meaning of life and death
The idea appeals to me quite a lot, but then I've always had a morbid streak.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Efem, Soul and 2 others
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
My friend did this. I guess she just wanted to finish things surrounded by others at peace

• Wow
Reactions: Fernandead, Lifeisatrap, Felicità and 5 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
I have never understood cemetery's as funerals are largely a religious ceremony yet most religions believe the Body is just a vessel for the soul so why bother burying it ? as for it being disrespectful the playing filed and dog walking field down my street is an old cemetery , we call it cemmy , thy planted a few trees and a new out door gym and rides a few years ago and were going to do a pond /lake when we had a local regeneration grant for the area however the lake was turned down because in the words of Poltergeist, " they moved the headstones but they left the bodies "

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Wow
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Efem, Soul and 1 other person
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Well you're going to end up there anyways.

• Yay!
Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Escaper Boy
DeadD

DeadD

King Idiot
Mar 28, 2019
You could really fuck someone up doing that :/

Donewitheverything

Donewitheverything

Ultimate Despair
Apr 8, 2019
I do like the symbolism of it. Oddly, I like cemeteries as they tend to be the most peaceful of places. No one would bother someone if they walked through one, unlike parks. However, it's impractical to commit suicide there as you would likely get caught by visitors or staff.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Soul
F

Felicità

May 1, 2019
Island of San Michele at Venice maybe a good choice. It's an adorable little isolating island reserved only for burials, an island of dead literally. Although it's a kind of tourist attraction during high seasons, but I think one can easily hide there utill after the last boat-bus, then night falls and you will have plenty time to do your business utill morning. Also your body will be founded out on time due to regular visits. If I have SN I'd go there.

• Wow
Reactions: Fernandead, Lifeisatrap, EmotionlessWanderer and 2 others
A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
I also like the idea of ctb in a beautiful old cemetery but there are definitely people that would be offended by this and it would be embarrassing and stressful for my family to have to deal with those people. As others have pointed out, there are also the risks of being found too soon and of traumatising whoever finds the body.

I have never understood cemetery's as funerals are largely a religious ceremony yet most religions believe the Body is just a vessel for the soul so why bother burying it ? as for it being disrespectful the playing filed and dog walking field down my street is an old cemetery , we call it cemmy , thy planted a few trees and a new out door gym and rides a few years ago and were going to do a pond /lake when we had a local regeneration grant for the area however the lake was turned down because in the words of Poltergeist, " they moved the headstones but they left the bodies "
This makes me sad. I'm not religious but I've always found old cemeteries to be such beautiful, peaceful places and they're often a refuge for wildlife. At least they planted a few trees, I guess...

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles, EmotionlessWanderer, Soul and 1 other person
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Hmmmm..... In a cemetery...... Why have I never considered this location?

I'd want it to be perfect.... Middle of the night with a light fog rolling through, with the moonlight illuminating the tombstones.

Shit, I love this idea!

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Escaper Boy, Soul and 1 other person
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
I also like the idea of ctb in a beautiful old cemetery but there are definitely people that would be offended by this and it would be embarrassing and stressful for my family to have to deal with those people. As others have pointed out, there are also the risks of being found too soon and of traumatising whoever finds the body.

This makes me sad. I'm not religious but I've always found old cemeteries to be such beautiful, peaceful places and they're often a refuge for wildlife. At least they planted a few trees, I guess...
[/QUO
there are a few headstones left but the councilor for the area in 2002 wanted to build a £400k fishing lake and dig the bodies up and re-bury them on an island in the middle of the lake, he is a dick head though and isnt a councilor anymore but is still a thorn in our side when we do the music festival every year as its close to where he lives . the park got a face life in 2012 new play area , basket ball court , out door gym etc https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2164374/division-road-cemetery

Reactions: AutumnEmbers
W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
It's a very poetic notion. You are a romantic.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
My uncle committed suicide in a church yard back in 1990 before social media. He wanted to be closer to god so he would be forgiven. So sad. I get why he did it and i get why you would choose a cemetery but in this day and age, social media has fucked everything up. Be careful.

T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
I know that someone will stumble across al our bodies, but in a way it seems even more unfair if that were to be someone coming into a cemetery to grieve a loved one. But obviously I am being hyporcritical

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I think it is a beautiful idea. I have always loved cemeteries. So peaceful.