orangepotato

orangepotato

Student
Mar 26, 2020
I'm already suicidal and I'd attempt suicide anyway even if I didn't feel this way. But I like the idea of suicide being a protest against life on this planet, in a Schopenhauer / Mainlander sense.

Life is fucked up. You have to eat other living beings to survive. There are limited resources so to survive you have to take resources from other living things, sometimes fighting to the death for it. All of our feelings of love and sex are just for procreation to continue this miserable cycle.

Some ancient Hindus would kill themselves by renouncing the world and then committing to starve themselves to death.

I like the idea of suicide in the sense that the pessimist philosopher Philip Mainlander did.

I don't like the whole idea of life or this planet. If this planet had a creator, he would be one evil, fucked up being.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, patheticpartner, it's_all_a_game and 15 others
S

Sartigan

May 22, 2020
To think the majority of people believe that one who suicide is mentally ill and yet there are so many reasons one could kill himself. This failure to empathise is as sad as common.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, EternalDarkness, MiserableBastard1995 and 3 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I'm already suicidal and I'd attempt suicide anyway even if I didn't feel this way. But I like the idea of suicide being a protest against life on this planet, in a Schopenhauer / Mainlander sense.

Life is fucked up. You have to eat other living beings to survive. There are limited resources so to survive you have to take resources from other living things, sometimes fighting to the death for it. All of our feelings of love and sex are just for procreation to continue this miserable cycle.

Some ancient Hindus would kill themselves by renouncing the world and then committing to starve themselves to death.

I like the idea of suicide in the sense that the pessimist philosopher Philip Mainlander did.

I don't like the whole idea of life or this planet. If this planet had a creator, he would be one evil, fucked up being.
This is what I think a lot of the time.
We can only exist if there is a reciprocal destruction of other things, all biological functions and drives are geared towards survival and reproduction, which are totally egotistical and narcissistic processes.
If all this was intentionally designed by a creator, it must be seriously messed up and evil. Knowing all the suffering that life would cause.
Then, if we decide to take a stand against this endless cycle, we are told by christians that our souls will suffer in hell forever, and by buddhists that suicide creates even more bad karma and that we will only suffer more in a next life because of it. What an absurd state of affairs.

I haven't read mainlander, but I have read schopenhauer.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, MiserableBastard1995, Zappfe lover and 1 other person
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I like Mainlander's Phylosophy of Redemption. He killed himself after his book had been released. Seems like his mission on earth was to write that book.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Zappfe lover, Intheo and 1 other person
orangepotato

orangepotato

Student
Mar 26, 2020
I would love to make a reference to Mainlander in my suicide note but I doubt that anyone would get the reference. Mainlander is a bit of a hero to me, especially since he put his words to actions by killing himself.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, pthnrdnojvsc, Zappfe lover and 1 other person
I

Intheo

Student
Jul 1, 2020
We came into life against our choosing, why shouldn't we be allowed leave life at least.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Arvinneedstodie, lex and 2 others
2nd Zed

2nd Zed

Feb 2, 2020
I don't know Mainlander, but I think suicide or any kind of peaceful death is the best thing that can happen to a living being. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way
I would love to make a reference to Mainlander in my suicide note but I doubt that anyone would get the reference. Mainlander is a bit of a hero to me, especially since he put his words to actions by killing himself.
I'm not going to leave a note. If people didn't understand me before my suicide, why would they suddenly start to understand after?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Arvinneedstodie, Ximon and 4 others
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
That would be a giant waste and a shame if you were to try to be a martyr. I don't vote because society is corrupted and my voice doesn't mean anything. My witholding my vote doesn't affect anyone nor will it change anything.

To die hoping it would stand for something is understandable but our world is so messed up that you wouldn't even have 15 minutes of fame and you'd hurt the people around you and affect them for the rest of their lives. They'll grieve that you died by suicide and they won't remember anything other than the tragedy.

/rant
:hug:

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, MiserableBastard1995 and Belit667
Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
To think the majority of people believe that one who suicide is mentally ill and yet there are so many reasons one could kill himself. This failure to empathise is as sad as common.
If, by looking at the world we live in, the thought of suicide never crossed your mind, then you are the one who truly is ill.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, it's_all_a_game, rhiino and 2 others
Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
That's hopeless you'll be treated as a mental case, satanist, terrorist, etc. Sheeple will be glad that you offed yourself.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020

I really resonate with what you're saying. I am convinced that Earth is a prison of sorts designed to maximize suffering. Hell, humans are probably hard-wired to constantly be unhappy and unsatisfied. Funny isn't it, that no matter how good you have it here, there's always something to bitch about. I'm not suicidal or depressed, but to be honest, I fucking hate it here. First of all, I didn't ask to be born, and if I had been, I would have told my Mom to fuck off (I love her more than anything btw). I am currently living in a constant state of both pain and contentment. I enjoy sex, food, knowing that I'm loved, among other things. However I am resigned to the dread that it's going to end. You know how they say that the only way to truly know pain is to know what it's like to be happy? I think the gods are cruel. They give us temporary, trivial, and unfulfilling joys in life, but always damn us to lose it over and over again. But what do they care? They are so above us that they see us as just vegetables in a fucking garden.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, EternalDarkness and MiserableBastard1995
Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
I'm quite sure none of us here are important enough for our deaths to be seen as some kind of relevant protestation; we will just be statistics, unless there's anyone here well known for something they have a talent for.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and it's_all_a_game
T

thereandgone

Trying to close my loop
May 7, 2020
If, by looking at the world we live in, the thought of suicide never crossed your mind, then you are the one who truly is ill.
I'll disagree a little with this. It's not one-size-fits-all in either direction.

• Love
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
As a form of existential protest against this smarmy system, one choice is as good as any other. Suicide is not a romantic choice, nor is it for the faint hearted. It is deliberate, whether seemingly impulsive or not. From the personal to the political, it is ultimately a firm NO to life.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and esse_est_percipi
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'm quite sure none of us here are important enough for our deaths to be seen as some kind of relevant protestation; we will just be statistics, unless there's anyone here well known for something they have a talent for.
Yeah, I wish I had that kind of impact. I guess it will just prove a point to my family

• Hugs