T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
Besides the fact that we had no say into coming into existence, nor how our childhoods would be nor many external factors that can really shape us and our quality of life. Life itself is pretty weird. As humans we crave meaning and certainty, structure. we are put in a world where there is no inherent meaning really. If you believe in one that may help you emotionally."You have to make your own meaning", so reality is really subjective.

Its just crazy how we are shaped and affected by things that we can't control at all. Coming into a meaningless existence expecting a meaning out of it. Some people find it beautiful, the randomness etc. I wish I could see the beauty in it. It's a pretty cruel joke, that's not funny at all. Some people breakthrough/thrive /enjoy life despite the hell they've been through which I admire. Others breakdown and want nothing to do with life which is understandable.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dissappointed, Élégie, Sinbad and 21 others
SiArc

SiArc

sassy and sarcastic-y
Dec 10, 2018
Word. *snaps fingers like clapping*

Reactions: ReadyasEver, Smilla, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
You're not alone in this belief, check out antinatalism. Creating human life is fucked

Reactions: fox_wannabe, Sinbad, sif and 7 others
A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
Besides the fact that we had no say into coming into existence, nor how our childhoods would be nor many external factors that can really shape us and our quality of life. Life itself is pretty weird. As humans we crave meaning and certainty, structure. we are put in a world where there is no inherent meaning really. If you believe in one that may help you emotionally."You have to make your own meaning", so reality is really subjective.

Its just crazy how we are shaped and affected by things that we can't control at all. Coming into a meaningless existence expecting a meaning out of it. Some people find it beautiful, the randomness etc. I wish I could see the beauty in it. It's a pretty cruel joke, that's not funny at all. Some people breakthrough/thrive /enjoy life despite the hell they've been through which I admire. Others breakdown and want nothing to do with life which is understandable.

Sounds like Albert Camus' Absurdism.
We look for meaning because of our nature in a world where no such thing exists.

This causes pain, once you've accepted the absurdity of reality you have 3 options:

1-Leap of faith (religions and other nonsense). You refuse to believe what you have discovered, and commit what Camus calls a "philosophical suicide".

2-Suicide.

3-Embracing the absurd and the freedom in it. You keep looking for meaning even if you know you'll never find an objective one.

Idk if it makes sense to you.

Reactions: Dissappointed, Élégie, Sinbad and 8 others
Vilthuril

Vilthuril

μελετῶντες ἀποθνῄσκειν
Jan 16, 2019
Reactions: Élégie, Sinbad, waived and 8 others
F

Freedomindeath4me

Student
Apr 6, 2022

You're pretty close to understanding that we live in a deterministic reality. There is no free will because everything has to have a cause. You and everything you think and do is simply the sum total of your genetics and environment. People often say "but you can change your environment!" But your thoughts to change your environment do not exist in a vacuum. They are based on past genetic and environmental factors. Literally everything is predestined. The people who broke the mold simply had the predetermined factors that allowed them to break the mold whereas those who didn't, didn't.

Reactions: Oblivion Access
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
There is nobody to come into existence. We think we exist but little baby is empty behind It's eyes, there is nobody there. There are no cognitive and logical functions to sustain somebodyness in little's baby mind. There is just being. Existence is standing out. So there is not even existence. We think we are but really we just think we are and nothing more. We are the natural process of coming to being and we do not cease to exist because there was nothing there in the first place, the same goes for all gods and demons.

This is very cruel joke when you are a person but this is oldest joke in history and I laughed for solid half hour when I first got It. Please don't do drugs.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me, life is just so pointless and unnecessary. We were all perfectly fine not existing until we were forced to live. We suffer so much for the sake of it. The idea that there is any sort of meaning in life is a delusion. More than anything I wish that I was never born. To me it is horrifying that life is even a thing in the first place.