Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
The human capacity to adapt is astonishing. In the middle of the night, under my duvet, I can ignore my filthy apartment, gnawing hunger, mounting bills, squandered opportunities, and people reaching out wondering where I went, and pretend none of this is happening. I'm doomed but can make believe otherwise… Until the fucking sunrise …

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: yyytry, Brokensaddle, cowie and 8 others
Wormfood

Wormfood

I like people... I said it
May 23, 2022
Nights tend to be the sweetest part of depression. It's when most people leave you alone and you can just be.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: yyytry, Brokensaddle, cowie and 9 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Nights tend to be the sweetest part of depression. It's when most people leave you alone and you can just be.
Me too bro, me too!

Reactions: Fadeawaaaay, donealready and rationaltake
B

BGooG

Aug 26, 2022
Nights are the worst for me. All my fears and anxieties have full reign. I go over every reason I should die, how I've messed up my life, all the things I'll never have again. I can block it during the day by staying busy and doing my work. At night it comes crashing back. I've become an early riser solely to make the night shorter.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, donealready, TimetoGo! and 2 others
On Replay

On Replay

What a day What a day
Sep 23, 2022
Nothing like drifting off into the peace sleep brings. Few hours of complete nothing
Nights are the worst for me. All my fears and anxieties have full reign. I go over every reason I should die, how I've messed up my life, all the things I'll never have again. I can block it during the day by staying busy and doing my work. At night it comes crashing back. I've become an early riser solely to make the night shorter.
This may sound silly so sorry In advance. Have you ever thought about maybe listening to those sleep audios ? Like wave or other soothing sounds. Maybe it'd help you at night when there's so much on your mind. Maybe it'll distract and give a little ease before falling asleep.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and rationaltake
H

hoberyn

Sep 23, 2022
Damn i relate so much !! it's not that much during the night for me but during the day even when i can do nothing but isolate and then i can space myself from my worries, i still feel horrible but yeah just totally numb, horrible but at least i don't leave anxiety full force

B

BGooG

Aug 26, 2022
Nothing like drifting off into the peace sleep brings. Few hours of complete nothing

This may sound silly so sorry In advance. Have you ever thought about maybe listening to those sleep audios ? Like wave or other soothing sounds. Maybe it'd help you at night when there's so much on your mind. Maybe it'll distract and give a little ease before falling asleep.
These have been suggested to me by a few people. I just feel a bit silly doing it. But I know some people who swear by listening to Matthew McConnaughey's rain audio sounds.

I don't have a problem falling asleep - that's virtually immediate for me. I just wake up after an hour or two and am left with my thoughts. I also have a blood disorder which makes my body release histamines. Which makes my skin itch like crazy. So, when I wake up, my entire torso is itching, my mind is going a mile a minute, and I'm just alone with my thoughts. That's when I'll tie a cord around my neck and hope that it strangles me in my sleep.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: donealready and rationaltake
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I could personally never forget about everything that is wrong with existence. There is no relief in this life, I wish that I could just forget completely about this life and completely cease to exist. But I guess that by temporarily avoiding all of the things that are wrong, it would just cause more suffering once forced to face reality. There really is no escape from misery no matter what.

Reactions: SadVegan
On Replay

On Replay

What a day What a day
Sep 23, 2022
These have been suggested to me by a few people. I just feel a bit silly doing it. But I know some people who swear by listening to Matthew McConnaughey's rain audio sounds.

I don't have a problem falling asleep - that's virtually immediate for me. I just wake up after an hour or two and am left with my thoughts. I also have a blood disorder which makes my body release histamines. Which makes my skin itch like crazy. So, when I wake up, my entire torso is itching, my mind is going a mile a minute, and I'm just alone with my thoughts. That's when I'll tie a cord around my neck and hope that it strangles me in my sleep.
Melatonin to try to help with staying asleep ? And I've never heard of such a thing. Im sad to hear you have to live with this.. sending lots of virtual hugs.

sadstuffie

sadstuffie

Student
Aug 11, 2020
i understand your feelings. at night time, sure i might cry, but ultimately i always feel a little better...but in the mornings, it's like i get so overcome with sadness that im nauseous or just want to ctb right there. im sorry for what you're going through, im always here to talk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Saturn's Rings
gramenii

gramenii

Nothing new on the west front
Sep 23, 2022
At night I feel better because people can't disappoint and betray me when they are asleep.

S

Saturn's Rings

Sep 15, 2022
I have about 5 hours of peace when I'm asleep, then the anxiety kicks in when I'm awake so I lie there trying to drift off. Then it's on an off for a couple of hours. Physical pain, unbelievable sadness and depression. I've lost a stone in weight in 6 weeks (14lbs) and I'm very lean anyway. Can't bear it for much longer.

Shoko

Shoko

Dec 4, 2022
I've been using THC tinctures to deal with my anxiety at night but I get up in the middle of the night sometimes and the anxiety returns and I am up dealing with intense sadness. Talking to someone helps but when you have no family to talk to it does look bleak and make it even more sense to just give up.

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Im exactly the same…….nights suck!

I tend to have 4/5,vodkas to knock me out

N

nopointinlife

Student
Mar 11, 2022
Im exactly the same…….nights suck!

I tend to have 4/5,vodkas to knock me out
problem with vodka for me is waking up after I pass out in sweating profusely, racing heartbeat, headache, and massive regret to go on top of the anxiety, depression, stress, and ctb urges

Reactions: TimetoGo!
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
problem with vodka for me is waking up after I pass out in sweating profusely, racing heartbeat, headache, and massive regret to go on top of the anxiety, depression, stress, and ctb urges
Yeh I shouldn't drink really

onceuponadec

onceuponadec

I am a poor wayfaring stranger
Dec 23, 2022
I love to dream, it pains me so much that my short-term memory is so bad that I cannot remember my dreams with the detail I used to.

Reactions: Fadeawaaaay