J

Jessi76

Dec 16, 2023
Do you think I can improve my chances of dying from SN if I would take it and then jump into a big river with a strong current (in which many people often drown as well)? Of course, I would do that at night.
If I jump in shortly after drinking SN, I'm sure I'll pass out quickly due to the SN and then drown without noticing.
Or not? It's just a few considerations. I just want to make sure I don't have a failed attempt, despite the SN guides

And I wouldn't have to worry about my close relatives finding my body and being unnecessarily traumatized even more.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Do you think I can improve my chances of dying from SN if I would take it and then jump into a big river with a strong current (in which many people often drown as well)? Of course, I would do that at night.
If I jump in shortly after drinking SN, I'm sure I'll pass out quickly due to the SN and then drown without noticing.
Or not? It's just a few considerations. I just want to make sure I don't have a failed attempt, despite the SN guides

And I wouldn't have to worry about my close relatives finding my body and being unnecessarily traumatized even more.
Passing out times with sn vary. You may pass out quickly or it may take a while and you may drown without any sn effects. That depends on you. There is a big chance you are going to survive or just drown if the current is strong

Reactions: hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
To be honest, I wouldn't really recommend that method, SN is good enough on its own, if you want to make sure it works just try to have a second cup ready in case you throw up.
The water could add many complications to your attempt, therefore making you fail even more. For example if you end up throwing up, then you'll be unable to drink more SN. Not to mention that you'll probably end up drowning before you pass out which would be very painful. SN would make it hard to swim as your body slowly loses oxygen. you'll be unable to keep yourself afloat but you'll try and drown before passing out.

Overall I just don't recommend it.

Reactions: doomedtolive, Abyssal, bebebeep and 1 other person
J

Jessi76

Dec 16, 2023
Oh, that sounds like a horrible death. Then it's better to just SN. However, I have read in this forum about many failed attempts, despite Stan's guide and am unsure whether I could really drink a second cup after vomiting. I often read about people who couldn't and failed because of it

Reactions: hi-okbye and Painfu.Ll.suffering
T

timing

Nov 22, 2023
Drowning is one of the most painful and uncomfortable methods. It's like swallowing fire.

• Yay!
Reactions: Intoxicated
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
Oh, that sounds like a horrible death. Then it's better to just SN. However, I have read in this forum about many failed attempts, despite Stan's guide and am unsure whether I could really drink a second cup after vomiting. I often read about people who couldn't and failed because of it
yea I just recommend you stick to the SN. and if you truly think your going to vomit, prepare a little extra in the initial drink. So if you do vomit, you'll hopefully have enough to ctb anyways. There are many reports of vomiting, where people are still successful. Just try to get enough anti-vomiting medication too beforehand.

Reactions: Jessi76
tarococo

tarococo

professional procrastinator
Nov 27, 2023
Hm, can't see how this is supposed to work out tbh "xD Since you won't be able to know the exact time you'll pass out, and you'll obviously have to be concious and aware enough to jump, I don't think you'll be able to time this without drowning first. Drowning is painful, even tho some people like to romanticise it and call it peaceful. If you're okay with that, then thats fine. Otherwise I'd recommend to just stick to the SN

Reactions: Jessi76 and hi-okbye
Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
Hi, sorry I have no answer... I understand your concerns. I do not trust sn alone too... I would like a combined method too, but haven't come across stories here from sn and another method... drowning might still be better than Living after a failed sn attempt.... I read in stans guide that it takes 40min to 4 hours to die of sn

J

Jessi76

Dec 16, 2023
yea I just recommend you stick to the SN. and if you truly think your going to vomit, prepare a little extra in the initial drink. So if you do vomit, you'll hopefully have enough to ctb anyways. There are many reports of vomiting, where people are still successful. Just try to get enough anti-vomiting medication too beforehand.
I have enough MCP there and would do the 2 day cure. Wouldn't a little more SN in the drink also increase the chance of vomiting?

D

Deleted member 65988

The failed attempts will always be there as a reminder of how things can go plus most of the reasons why people fail are identifiable and are reasons of failure that one can avoid with enough preparation. Also, most people only usually need one cup to ctb with sn with others as back up and for those who don't manage to drink a 2nd cup, they are quite rare.

Reactions: hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
I have enough MCP there and would do the 2 day cure. Wouldn't a little more SN in the drink also increase the chance of vomiting?
it really depends, so you have to weigh the odds. I was going to recommend a less amount of SN, but if you truly believe you'll vomit either way, it's better to do more I guess. if you think less SN will keep you from vomiting, I say you go for that.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
Hi, sorry I have no answer... I understand your concerns. I do not trust sn alone too... I would like a combined method too, but haven't come across stories here from sn and another method... drowning might still be better than Living after a failed sn attempt.... I read in stans guide that it takes 40min to 4 hours to die of sn

I think Vizzy combined SN with N2 (inert gas).

Last edited:
gotomrg

gotomrg

Mar 10, 2023
sounds horrible. SN is supposed to give hope of dying peacefully. if you take it and jump you'll just be dead from drowning and its pretty painful. same if you take SN, wait and then jump. so i dont really see a point in combining these two. you might as well just get drunk and jump or just stick to SN only

D

Deleted member 65988

SN is supposed to give hope of dying peacefully. if you take it and jump you'll just be dead from drowning and its pretty painful. same if you take SN, wait and then jump. so i dont really see a point in combining these two. you might as well just get drunk and jump or just stick to SN only
We've gotta keep our expectations of dying via SN conservative. It's relatively peaceful but others did struggle for various reasons to be aware of. Eventually though, dying itself will not be easy and it's not made any easier by the limitations imposed upon what methods we can get that are better in peacefulness, this is about the best it can get for some of us. That being said, there are ways to make it more peaceful, such as getting benzos and Beta-blockers.

Reactions: Jessi76 and gotomrg
gotomrg

gotomrg

Mar 10, 2023
We've gotta keep our expectations of dying via SN conservative. It's relatively peaceful but others did struggle for various reasons to be aware of. Eventually though, dying itself will not be easy and it's not made any easier by the limitations imposed upon what methods we can get that are better in peacefulness, this is about the best it can get for some of us. That being said, there are ways to make it more peaceful, such as getting benzos and Beta-blockers.
yeah, i agree, that's why i used the word "hope". thank you for bringing up methods to make SN more peaceful. hope that the OP will take it into account.

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
No, he didn't. Vizzy went with Inert gas/hood.

I think he uses both, in his thread there are messages that he drank SN and it seems that he had symptoms of SN, also in a news article, a photo of him appears and he also uses N2 (you could see he had the hood up).

D

Deleted member 65988

yeah, i agree, that's why i used the word "hope". thank you for bringing up methods to make SN more peaceful. hope that the OP will take it into account.
no problem, unfortunately not everyone can get these meds to help with the process itself and yet some have gone ahead and ctb anyway with just sn which I personally wouldn't advise while others have changed their method as a result to which I don't blame them for, I'd have done the same
I think he uses both, in his thread there are messages that he drank SN and it seems that he had symptoms of SN, also in a news article, a photo of him appears and he also uses N2
He used sn first then went for inert gas. I asked @Kerrtu about this before she left, she was rather close with Vizzy.
I think he uses both, in his thread there are messages that he drank SN and it seems that he had symptoms of SN, also in a news article, a photo of him appears and he also uses N2
He used sn first then went for inert gas. I asked @Kerrtu about this before she left, she was rather close with Vizzy.

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023

Yes, that's what i'm talking about, he combined two methods, first he took SN and then some minutes after he put on the hood and opened the N2 tank. Although the confusion is understandable because i wrote N instead of N2, sorry.

Last edited:
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Generally it is recommended not to combine methods because you can jeopardize the effectiveness. The recommended guides are there for a reason and have bern carefully thought out. Example if you take SN then are too uncoordinted to jump properly wnd just mangle yourself. Or if you jump and panic because of drowning and then get out of the water / also you lose the peacfulness as mentioned above. Or if you drink alcohol and then it messes up your blood chemistry for CO or if it makes you throw up pills, etc.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Do you think I can improve my chances of dying from SN if I would take it and then jump into a big river with a strong current (in which many people often drown as well)?
I think, drowning would kill you faster than sodium nitrite. You can die from drowning within 10 minutes, while sodium nitrite may need more than 15 minutes just to make you unconscious.

Drowning can be reasonably used in combination with gas asphyxiation or carbon monoxide poisoning which produce rapid knock-down effect, but sodium nitrite is too slow to be a good helper for drowning.