Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I came across this video years ago and recently came back to it. I find this video to be very accurate personally. The fewer things I do in the video, the better I feel. It is not a fix all but avoiding depressogenic habits combats the soul sucking feeling that you are rotting away.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Niko66, bing, Josh007 and 11 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Stopping bad habits is perhaps the best first step. However, one should also experiment with what might be done to cultivate "good" habits. Doing something (no matter how small) to help someone else can provide a satisfaction that can brighten a day.

Reactions: Foresight, onlyanimalsaregood and Meretlein
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I came across this video years ago and recently came back to it. I find this video to be very accurate personally. The fewer things I do in the video, the better I feel. It is not a fix all but avoiding depressogenic habits combats the soul sucking feeling that you are rotting away.

Thank you for sharing this video with us.

Reactions: Meretlein
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Stopping bad habits is perhaps the best first step. However, one should also experiment with what might be done to cultivate "good" habits. Doing something (no matter how small) to help someone else can provide a satisfaction that can brighten a day.

I agree. Setting concrete and reasonable goals for both self improvement and connecting to and helping others is the essential second step once bad habits have been curtailed.

The video goes into this a little bit when it talks about setting concrete and doable goals for oneself. The ones I do personally are practice singing, writing, riding my bike to a coffee shop, and reading. Just little stuff to make my life feel non stagnate. The feeling of stagnating life increases misery exponentially. One has to look within themselves and find out what positive, doable, and concrete goals and activities they would like to do.

Reactions: Dead Ghost and onlyanimalsaregood
NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
I'm in the process of actively trying to change my habits, so thank you for posting this video. I am honestly still scared at the thought of living or commiting to long term goals, but I'm trying to change small things and see if there is any lasting benefit.

Reactions: Meretlein
Jack4230

Jack4230

Lame
Sep 8, 2019
I have horrendous habits and stopping them is so difficult. I'm always too tired to do anything productive after work and school. Does anyone have an advice?

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I'm in the process of actively trying to change my habits, so thank you for posting this video. I am honestly still scared at the thought of living or commiting to long term goals, but I'm trying to change small things and see if there is any lasting benefit.
Focus on short term goals to start. Try to pick something productive that you will see the results quickly. Cleaning a messy room or doing laundry is one, I have trouble with those. Once you begin tackling misery inducing habits, you can use positive goals to further motivate you.

Cooking/baking are good positive goals because you will see the end product quickly. It really depends on your interests and likes. Learning about any topic that interests you (as long as you start a reasonable level and build up rather than dive in).

Reactions: NoLightRemains
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I have horrendous habits and stopping them is so difficult. I'm always too tired to do anything productive after work and school. Does anyone have an advice?

It depends on why you are too tired. Is it because you stay up too late, is your job too tiring, are you overburdened with classes?

I would give more advice but I don't know the situation enough.