N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I know such a title is quite ironic considering the fact I recently called esoterism superstitition. I also don't believe in karma nor reincarnation. But I cannot rule out it exist.s So my naive thinking is well if there is the off-chance it exists why not scoring some good karma points. Helping people and doing good deeds. However I think ethical principles are probably a better motivation for doing that.

I am not sure whether the mindset of karma can help one's own well-being. I am kind of scared in case karma existed committing suicide would give me automatically a score of minus 6 million and all my good deeds would mean nothing anyway.

Here are some arguments in favor of collecting good karma points:

-positive energy -> it can spill-over to your own happiness I suppose

- improved relationship -> others might treat you better if you are kind to them

-personal growth -> self-improvement it can help to develop qualities like empathy, generosity and personal growth

-spiritual beliefs (that I hated two threads ago)

What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultracheese
stoopid

stoopid

from hell
Feb 27, 2023
I takes a huge amount energy for me that I don't go insane and probably hurt other people because nobody is understands what true dispair is. I would say live like that is the biggest potential good karma point giver period.

Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
All excellent points, but I'm curious, would the good deeds have to be purely motivated by goodness? If someone does a good deed just to gain karma points, will that be held against them in this system?

Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
All excellent points, but I'm curious, would the good deeds have to be purely motivated by goodness? If someone does a good deed just to gain karma points, will that be held against them in this system?
I don't know an answer for that but I hoped someone else could give insights who is more into this topic.

Reactions: Ultracheese