torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
There are many rumours that society and civilization,as we know it,is going to collapse in 50 years. While for me it sounds like a far too optimistic scenario,the things that are happening right now around the world seem to accelerate the process. With all the problems society faces, with climate change and pandemic being at top,how much would you give till collapse? Will there be a new world war? How is humanity likely to end?

Reactions: Sensei
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
I hope it's true... Humanity must ends.

Reactions: RileyTanaka
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
I have no doubt in my mind that climate change will render this planet uninhabitable in less than 100 years. As for the potential of awfulness in humans, I can only assume mass poverty, wars, a kind of global gentrification in which the rich are able to price out the lower class as earth's resources dwindle down, and probably the advent of space travel / colonization to other planets. And yes, I believe another world war is inevitable - as resources are in threat, we will see the absolute worst of global leaders (and stakeholders) jockeying for power and it seems war is a primary tool to exert that power.

Reactions: rhiino, WitheringAway, Sensei and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
There's no doubt that this century will become an ordeal: global auhtoritarian tendencies, accelerating gobal warming, escalating erosion of arable land, more frequent pandemics, mass migration in Africa, the Middle East and Asia, increasingly expensive oil, shortage of metals and minerals, weakening magnetosphere and heliosphere, increased vulnerability to solar flares, and what have you. However, I think it will be a slow and gradual process, just as with e.g. the Roman Empire. I think it already has started, actually. We just fail to see it.

Reactions: Green Destiny and Zappfe lover
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think based on the current trend, it could be a few decades if this keeps up. There would certainly be permanent changes in the world and some things of the past will no longer be around in the future.

I hope it's true... Humanity must ends.
If it does, I just hope not suffer during the process of it (dying of starvation, heat/cold, torture, and other unpleasant ways). While it may be good for the planet and other species when humanity isn't around to damage the planet further, I only wish that during the mass extinction that there would be peaceful or relatively painless ways out.

Reactions: Sensei