• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
Hi, saw this yesterday (and screenshot it immediately as afraid of it being deleted or something...even now, a bit worried about directing traffic there! 😅).

Basically: leaking CO2 cannister in the back seat of his car and he was starting to black out. He believes he got out of his vehicle with seconds to spare before blacking out and dying. He panicked from hearing the hissing of the cannister, but doesn't describe any pain (though his breath does come in "short").

A couple of people brought up how he should've felt like he was suffocating due to the increase in CO2 in the air, but were basically told that we only get that reaction if the oxygen is slowly replaced with CO2. As this was "a massive, oxygen displacing CO2 leak, he could have been dead in 60 seconds".

I dunno, it sounds too good to be true. Surely if it were that easy it'd be a popular method and detailed on here with everything to be aware of.

So good suicidal experts of SanctionedSuicide, what gives? Did he just get 'lucky'? (ie it would be hard to recreate this) Was he in less danger than he and others assumed? I mean, I'm very glad that he's okay, but I'm really curious too (for uh reasons) if he was within seconds of blacking out, and a minute of death.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No, because your SI will kick in hard when the CO2 level rises. You need CO! Depending on your location CO Cylinders might also be availabe.

S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
No, because your SI will kick in hard when the CO2 level rises. You need CO! Depending on your location CO Cylinders might also be availabe.

That's what I was so confused about. I was given to understand an increase in CO2 should feel horrible (like suffocation), but he doesn't describe that. Just panic at hearing the hissing tank and seeing a white vapor fill his car, and starting to black out.

I mean, that of course is SI but what I'm keen to understand is why there was no physical discomfort. He's happy to be alive (and good for him), but if he'd had the misfortune to be one of our comrades at this site, he would've (if he truly wanted to die) welcomed his vision blacking out.

It just sounds too good to be true. Quickly fill car with co2, black out swiftly, dead within a minute? I mean what...

May have found info from this post:

Huh. That could work. Maybe. Breathing pure C02 can knock you out pretty fast from what i understand. I seem to recall a bunch of people dying recently from swimming in a pool thay had dumped dry ice into to create a fog effect.

problem with C02 is it immediately creates a suffocating sensation.

But i have read if you breath it in pure, it can knock you out in about 10 seconds or so.

So, rapidly filling a closed space with CO2 could potentially knock you very quickly (as the people said on reddit as well). Two posts on reddit agreed that high concentrations of CO2 would be swift enough to bypass the the suffocating feeling. hmmmmmmm sigh I do feel like even if I tried to recreate what he did, I wouldn't get the same results :(

Last edited:
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
an increase in CO2 should feel horrible (like suffocation)
This is one reason why people fail with the exit bag and death is not peaceful: the rebreathing of CO2.

thisSideUp

thisSideUp

Mar 6, 2020
Something new came up about the toxicity of CO2 this month.

A man was found dead with his head dunked in a coffin during a wake. The coffin was filled with CO2 from dry ice placed inside the coffin for preserving the body. I believe the man was looking into a small "window" in the cover of the coffin around the face to say a farewell to the deceased. A study that reconstructed the scene found that the man was likely exposed to the CO2 concentration of 24% at the maximum.

Can CO2 at a really high level of concentration incapacitate the human body so that very little SI is possible?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Can CO2 at a really high level of concentration incapacitate the human body so that very little SI is possible?
SI only comes into play when you (the body) become aware that harm, or death, to itself is a possibility, or even imminent. The man who "dunked" his head into a coffin with CO2 had no such awareness that his life was in danger, hence, no SI kicked in. If you're sitting in a car, or wherever, intentionally opening a valve on a CO2 canister, or even waiting on an "electric" valve to automatically open on a CO2 canister, the awareness of what is about to happen is still present and SI comes into play.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Breathing in CO2 causes the brain to go into instant extreme panic mode. No it's not going to work.

thisSideUp

thisSideUp

Mar 6, 2020
If mere awareness of danger triggers survival instinct, how come it is not discussed with inert gas methods? Abattoirs use CO2 to stun pigs. Look for videos where pigs are stunned using CO2 in closed chambers. I don't think they are aware of dangers but they thrash around for a time long enough for animal welfare activists to discourage use of CO2 in abattoirs.

Three cases of "mourner's death beside a coffin" were reported during 2020-21 in the country, according to the media. If humans can react to CO2 half as strong as the pigs in the footage I saw, these mourners could have instinctively detached themselves from the gas source. I don't mean to criticize previous posts in this thread, but I am just wondering if there is not one or two elements unnoticed in consideration.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
If mere awareness of danger triggers survival instinct, how come it is not discussed with inert gas methods? Abattoirs use CO2 to stun pigs. Look for videos where pigs are stunned using CO2 in closed chambers. I don't think they are aware of dangers but they thrash around for a time long enough for animal welfare activists to discourage use of CO2 in abattoirs.

Three cases of "mourner's death beside a coffin" were reported during 2020-21 in the country, according to the media. If humans can react to CO2 half as strong as the pigs in the footage I saw, these mourners could have instinctively detached themselves from the gas source. I don't mean to criticize previous posts in this thread, but I am just wondering if there is not one or two elements unnoticed in consideration.
Isn't CO2 carbon dioxide? The stuff you exhale? Why would they use that to stun pigs? It causes extreme panic in humans to breathe even a whiff of it.

thisSideUp

thisSideUp

Mar 6, 2020
If you have been to a concert or an amusement park, the white smoke they use for theatrical effects are CO2, carbon dioxide, evopouring from the mixture of water and dry ice. Do you usually panic after visiting those venues?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Isn't CO2 carbon dioxide? The stuff you exhale? Why would they use that to stun pigs? It causes extreme panic in humans to breathe even a whiff of it.
It's used because CO2 is heavier than air, it's cheap and effective, besides that it's much less dangerous for employees of a slaughterhouse than CO which is a little bit lighter than air.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
If you have been to a concert or an amusement park, the white smoke they use for theatrical effects are CO2, carbon dioxide, evopouring from the mixture of water and dry ice. Do you usually panic after visiting those venues?
yes i do, a LOT

• Aww..
Reactions: thisSideUp