solblaze

solblaze

Lost
Sep 20, 2023
I am considering taking a hose once i
Get home, attaching it to the tail pipe of my car, and running the opposite end inside my vehicle through the window, then tape the gap as best I can to hold the co2 inside the car.

Thoughts? From my understanding, should be similar to just going to sleep and never waking up.

ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
Nope, you can't do it anymore. It was CO, not CO2 that you could do that with and car engines no longer produce sufficient CO. Carbon dioxide exposure could technically kill you, I guess, but only if the environment was pure CO2. And even then it would be very painful.

Reactions: maniac116 and Praestat_Mori
Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
Here in Italy a father committed suicide by locking himself in the garage with the car running, but he didn't seal anything. His son had died in the same way a few months earlier together with his girlfriend.

Carbon monoxide causes headaches, rapid heartbeat, and sometimes chest pain. It's not like going to sleep. But if you enter when the environment is saturated you should pass out immediately. It's a method I don't like, too insecure and annoying.

Last edited:
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
The method seems to have become far less frequent here in the UK since the advent of catalytic convertors, so I'm not sure that it's as effective as once it was.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
solblaze

solblaze

Lost
Sep 20, 2023
I drive a 2006 Nissan frontier, not sure if it's old enough to produce the proper exhaust. I did not know that had been changed.

Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
You need to see how new and functional your catalytic converter is. Most reduce carbon monoxide very little. However, there are detectors to know if you have enough in the cockpit for the great journey in the skies.

Lately many people use GPL cylinders inside the car. Those are safer for the purpose and also more dangerous due to flammability.
The cylinders don't make any noise, and it's more difficult for you to find someone.

Last edited:
NegevChina

NegevChina

Student
Sep 5, 2024
solblaze

solblaze

Lost
Sep 20, 2023
You need to see how new and functional your catalytic converter is. Most reduce carbon monoxide very little. However, there are detectors to know if you have enough in the cockpit for the great journey in the skies.

Lately many people use GPL cylinders inside the car. Those are safer for the purpose and also more dangerous due to flammability.
The cylinders don't make any noise, and it's more difficult for you to find someone.
I will definitely be looking into this, thank you. I'm just searching for a method that involves going to sleep and not waking up, but if I don't find something soon, I'm just gonna take my 9mm and do the job…

Reactions: Marco77
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Modern autos won't work for CO.
That's a somewhat tough way to go out, but it won't work with modern cars.🌹💔

solblaze

solblaze

Lost
Sep 20, 2023
Modern autos won't work for CO.
That's a somewhat tough way to go out, but it won't work with modern cars.🌹💔
Yea someone else mentioned that earlier. I'm looking into the kneeling hanging method now.