Jul 23, 2020
How do you CTB with CO without a car? I can't see a thread

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Do you like barbecues? I love barbecues, but they never told you to BBQ indoors. Same goes for running a generator indoors during a hurricane. /clue

Reactions: NekoNomNom, Niftypoint124, depressedsally and 4 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
So you just light a barbecue indoors and that's it?

Reactions: Zebedee
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
Charcoal.

• Love
Reactions: Setepai and depressedsally
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
you can't do it indoors if you have neighbours or family members - as it will also kill them. You need a tent. Or a buddy with a car.

Reactions: Setepai, demuic, depressedsally and 1 other person
Z

Zebedee

Lost all hope
Sep 30, 2020
As long as the room / car / tent etc is sealed and there's enough charcoal burning, then CO will build up to fatal levels.

Reactions: Zyntkalla and depressedsally
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
So I just sit in a tent with a BBQ burning?

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
So I just sit in a tent with a BBQ burning?
No, it needs to be at the point where the charcoal is grey/ashen. I just read 11 pages of the CO thread, it has helpful info. Please read it fully, this method it's important to do it properly, as it's a good method but risky if you survive it.
I read it because it's a method I'm also interested in..,

Reactions: Metalhead, Setepai and depressedsally
depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
No, it needs to be at the point where the charcoal is grey/ashen. I just read 11 pages of the CO thread, it has helpful info. Please read it fully, this method it's important to do it properly, as it's a good method but risky if you survive it.
I am also doing it this way but can't seem to find that thread can you please post a link

O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
I am also doing it this way but can't seem to find that thread can you please post a link

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/carbon-monoxide-megathread.2053/

Reactions: Metalhead, Setepai and depressedsally
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Does anyone know the risk if you survive?
As all methods that deprive the brain of oxygen: varying levels of brain damage. From the mildly annoying to the severely debilitating to being a vegetable.

Reactions: DD2020 and depressedsally
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
But the charcoal smoke stinks right? I can't imagine sitting and breathing in that nasty smoke until it knocks me out:(

Reactions: Meditation guide
Setepai

Setepai

Nov 16, 2020
I read somewhere that you have to take it inside only after the coal has burned all out, it's just ash and cooled. But ... I still have a lot of doubt about the ideal method ... I can't fail again!
How much information ... But that's exactly what I need !!! Thanks for the tip! I just need to organize my study time better.

Last edited:
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
This method is hit and miss. Many people believe the charcoal has different toxicity levels across different countries. Obviously Asia is winner winner chicken dinner.

Plus you would need some sort of anxiolytic as the eyes and mouth burn terribly. Some people often report wearing goggles it's so bad.

You just need to be careful because there are adverse events that can cause prolonged suffering if death isnt achieved.

• Wow
Reactions: Setepai
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
CO is the most peaceful way to go. The trick is getting the amount high enough.

• Love
Reactions: Setepai
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Apparently a generator or leaf blower is more effective than charcoal, so I'd have noise *and* noxious fumes.

Setepai

Setepai

Nov 16, 2020
This method is hit and miss. Many people believe the charcoal has different toxicity levels across different countries. Obviously Asia is winner winner chicken dinner.

Plus you would need some sort of anxiolytic as the eyes and mouth burn terribly. Some people often report wearing goggles it's so bad.

You just need to be careful because there are adverse events that can cause prolonged suffering if death isnt achieved.
Because of that that I intend to do some tests and measures before...
CO is the most peaceful way to go. The trick is getting the amount high enough.
I've read something interesting in QUORA today:
"No, it is not at all painful because CO keeps on binding at the O2 binding site of haemoglobin and didnot come out which decreases the amount of O2 in the body and thus death. We donot feel any pain because we humans only have a few sense to feel like touch, see, hear et cetera but we donot have the power to sense it. This power might be present in any other organism but not humans like mosquito which detect the smell and CO2 to decect its prey."

I loved the part that our pain system is not the same as that of mosquitoes!

"It is not painful, which is why CO poisoning is so insidious: you lose consciousness without feeling like you're suffocating. In terms of how it looks, the victims are often cherry-red, because of the bright color of the complex CO forms with hemoglobin and myoglobin." QUORA

I think the fact that the organism cannot differentiate COHb from
oxyhemoglobin is what makes this method as thoughtful as it is painless. The excruciation problem I believe is due to carbon dioxide .... not to monoxide! So I think the ideal is to get 100% pure CO.

Last edited:
Reactions: AQUA