U

unfair

Aug 22, 2020
I live alone and can get everything I need for CO. It seems more appealing because it's basically just going to sleep and never waking up however, it's not as reliable.
As for SN, I don't know if I can get AE and I'm scared it will be painful but I know it's basically a guarantee since I could take it on Friday and no one would even know I'm missing until Monday. What is your input?

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I'm leaning towards CO and thinking of doing it outdoors in a tent when it's very cold - so if CO doesn't get me hypothermia will.

Will aslo down a load of alcohol to make sure don't wake up - and alcohol also helps cool the body faster for hypothermia.

Fall asleep, never wake up.

Reactions: unfair
U

unfair

Aug 22, 2020
I was going to do it in my bathroom. Tape up all the doors and vents, crawl in the bathtub with pillows and a blanket and kiss the world goodbye. I also want to be able to be a bit tipsy which is another pro of this method. I'm just worried about reliability.

Reactions: shush and TheQ22
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I think as long as you tape it all up properly and burn enough charcoal it's pretty much nailed on.

P

pua

Nov 19, 2019
CO poisoning cause brain damage if you survive,because of that i choose SN

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
SN is more peaceful in my opinion and it's a method I chose

U

unfair

Aug 22, 2020
CO poisoning cause brain damage if you survive,because of that i choose SN
That's something I am worried about as well...
SN is more peaceful in my opinion and it's a method I chose
Hearing that people sometimes are in pain doesn't seem more peaceful than just falling asleep IMO.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Why are you sure SN doesn't?
I think the mechanism by which sn kills isn't the same as with CO (which kills by specifically depriving the brain of oxygen, unlike sn which prevents red cells from carrying oxygen to tissues in general, and the effects of which can be reversed).

I also haven't read of any cases of sn poisoning causing brain damage. Have you?
I live alone and can get everything I need for CO. It seems more appealing because it's basically just going to sleep and never waking up however, it's not as reliable.
As for SN, I don't know if I can get AE and I'm scared it will be painful but I know it's basically a guarantee since I could take it on Friday and no one would even know I'm missing until Monday. What is your input?
Problem with CO is you can never be sure how much CO is being released by the charcoal, and if the room is small and sealed enough so there are no leaks, unless you also buy a CO reader meter which is expensive. The CO method seems complicated and uncertain unless you can be sure that everything is set up right.

Potential bad consequences of failure is another reason I find it scary.

Last edited:
Reactions: unfair
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I think the mechanism by which sn kills isn't the same as with CO (which kills by specifically depriving the brain of oxygen, unlike sn which prevents red cells from carrying oxygen to tissues in general, and the effects of which can be reversed).

I also haven't read of any cases of sn poisoning causing brain damage. Have you?

Problem with CO is you can never be sure how much CO is being released by the charcoal, and if the room is small and sealed enough so there are no leaks, unless you also buy a CO reader meter which is expensive. The CO method seems complicated and uncertain unless you can be sure that everything is set up right.

Potential bad consequences of failure is another reason I find it scary.
Are you sure it specifically deprives oxygen from brain? As I understood it creates the same shit as SN but with different name the first is methemoglobinemia and second is carbo something but the mechanism is same as I understood. Maybe you can provide some sources?