• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
First of all I wanted to thank everyone here for the help and support.
For those who don't know me, I've been suffering from a grievous disability that is affecting my vision and it's progressing to vision loss. Unfortunately doctors have no cure to prevent this or slow it down.
I'm about to quit my job for not being able to see properly. I've been planning to ctb for almost a year now and now my vision is getting noticeably worse over time. My loved ones know that I'm going to ctb and this is a big issue for them. I wanted them to know(big mistake) in order to be prepared and I finished writing my will for them – leaving them all of my savings.
I'm worried that they might force me into a psychiatric hospital without asking me. This is absolutely horrifying since I might be in a psychiatric hospital yet I don't suffer from any psychological disorders. I might go blind if they force me to stay there for long.

Anyhow, I have a plan to ctb sometime in March and I wanted to list the steps I'll take to avoid any mistakes.
I'll be using the CO method by utilizing a portable generator inside my car.
I'll be driving to a secluded area close to a forest and some farms.
Vents and holes will be taped, but one of the front windows will be a slightly open in order to test the CO using my meter that measures up to 10,000 PPM.
Foil/aluminum paper will be used to cover fabric and some interior parts of my car to prevent melting.
I will run the generator and I'll check the PPM every 15 – 20 minutes.
Once I hit the 10,000 PPM mark, put on a gas mask and ear plugs and I'll quickly step in and close the door and close the front window.
I'll take off the gas mask and take a deep breath and hopefully I'll be out.
A delayed email will be sent to my family two days after I ctb.

Did I miss anything?

A concern I have:
I'd like to buy the generator now and store it somewhere other than my house to prevent suspicion from others. Where can I store it? I've thought of public storage, but it could be a bit expensive even for a small space.

Last edited:
Reactions: depressedsally, Zebedee, StateOfMind and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I can't think of any other place besides a storage unit. I guess around here they might be $50 per month for a small one. Which generator will you be using ? Which mask ?
I'm still deciding on what method i will use for me. If it's ok maybe i can PM you about this method. I've tried to give advice to others but some troll keeps twisting what i say and baiting me into an argument when i put out some ideas, so that's why i rather PM. I have some really good imo ideas that no one has imagined about generators.

Here is where i recomended to you using a mask with co:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-im-in-the-right-direction.47302/#post-860358

Last edited:
Reactions: StateOfMind
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
At least sit down somewhere before taking the mask off, you don't want to walk in, pull the mask off and then fall down on something that would alert neighbors or relatives.

Reactions: Thanatos123 and pthnrdnojvsc
Z

Zebedee

Lost all hope
Sep 30, 2020
Hi, I'm sorry life has brought you to this point.

CO is also my preferred method, except I plan to use charcoal rather than a generator.

Your plan seems pretty solid to me... as long as your generator doesn't have an automatic safety cutoff. Generators are said to reach 10,000ppm rather quickly so as long as your car is sealed, I can't see how your plan would fail.

If life doesn't improve over the coming months, I hope your journey is peaceful and pain free.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and StateOfMind
T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I can't think of any other place besides a storage unit. I guess around here they might be $50 per month for a small one. Which generator will you be using ? Which mask ?
I'm still deciding on what method i will use for me. If it's ok maybe i can PM you about this method. I've tried to give advice to others but some troll keeps twisting what i say and baiting me into an argument when i put out some ideas, so that's why i rather PM. I have some really good imo ideas that no one has imagined about generators.

Here is where i recomended to you using a mask with co:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-im-in-the-right-direction.47302/#post-860358

Thank you for the reply!
Probably I'd go for a small storage unit.

In regards to generators and masks, I've had a list of generators but I have to find it.
When it comes to masks, I'm not sure what to get yet.

TripleA

TripleA

life is a struggle you cannot win
Sep 25, 2020
What generator you will buy 2strokes or 4strokes?

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Hi, I'm sorry life has brought you to this point.

CO is also my preferred method, except I plan to use charcoal rather than a generator.

Your plan seems pretty solid to me... as long as your generator doesn't have an automatic safety cutoff. Generators are said to reach 10,000ppm rather quickly so as long as your car is sealed, I can't see how your plan would fail.

If life doesn't improve over the coming months, I hope your journey is peaceful and pain free.

Thank you!

The automatic shut off feature is concerning me.
Does this feature have a specific name?

Another user on this forum stated, it's a good idea to have some air flow coming into the car because the generator might shut off if there's no air flow.
What do you think about that?
What generator you will buy 2strokes or 4strokes?

EDIT: I'll be buying a four stroke engine.
Does it matter for our purpose?

Last edited:
Z

Zebedee

Lost all hope
Sep 30, 2020
If it does have a name, unfortunately I don't know what that is, sorry.

Yeah I remember someone saying something to that effect as well, but that would allow CO to escape too, so I imagine it would be more effective with a generator which doesn't have this feature.

In all honesty, I'm not sure as I've looked more into the charcoal side of things as opposed to portable generators... Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
First of all I wanted to thank everyone here for the help and support.
For those who don't know me, I've been suffering from a grievous disability that is affecting my vision and it's progressing to vision loss. Unfortunately doctors have no cure to prevent this or slow it down.
I'm about to quit my job for not being able to see properly. I've been planning to ctb for almost a year now and now my vision is getting noticeably worse over time. My loved ones know that I'm going to ctb and this is a big issue for them. I wanted them to know(big mistake) in order to be prepared and I finished writing my will for them – leaving them all of my savings.
I'm worried that they might force me into a psychiatric hospital without asking me. This is absolutely horrifying since I might be in a psychiatric hospital yet I don't suffer from any psychological disorders. I might go blind if they force me to stay there for long.

Anyhow, I have a plan to ctb sometime in March and I wanted to list the steps I'll take to avoid any mistakes.
I'll be using the CO method by utilizing a portable generator inside my car.
I'll be driving to a secluded area close to a forest and some farms.
Vents and holes will be taped, but one of the front windows will be a slightly open in order to test the CO using my meter that measures up to 10,000 PPM.
Foil/aluminum paper will be used to cover fabric and some interior parts of my car to prevent melting.
I will run the generator and I'll check the PPM every 15 – 20 minutes.
Once I hit the 10,000 PPM mark, put on a gas mask and ear plugs and I'll quickly step in and close the door and close the front window.
I'll take off the gas mask and take a deep breath and hopefully I'll be out.
A delayed email will be sent to my family two days after I ctb.

Did I miss anything?

A concern I have:
I'd like to buy the generator now and store it somewhere other than my house to prevent suspicion from others. Where can I store it? I've thought of public storage, but it could be a bit expensive even for a small space.
I do not know where you live but in North America new generators are 'carb compliant' and will NOT produce CO. They will simply shut down. A little more research is needed for a successful end. I too am going blind, but it really is not that bad. I use a white cane, a magnifier with a light, have adjustments done to my computer, and am looking for a cell phone I can actually use. Give yourself time to adjust to the situation, and find a mentor. Some hilarious stories about people like us dithering about. I once went into a public washroom I had never been in before. Came out of the cubicle and went round, and round trying to find the door out...nope. Not here...not there, nowhere to be found...lol. Saved by another patron. Or the time I was walking down the street and this young man 'saved' me from walking into a bus shelter, which is where I was headed, by taking me away from the bus I was going to catch. He was so fast. Missed the bus. Or going across the street...someone was kind enough to help me cross the street. Very nice of him, but it was the wrong way, and I had to cross the street again to get back where I started. Or the people generously moving stuff out of the way in a place you have been to, and suddenly none of the chairs, tables, etc. are where you expect them to be. Landmarks moved...duh...adventures in wonderland.
One really positive aspect of visual loss is the incredible kindness of people everywhere I go. Everybody is willing to help...even when not needed. Gives me a tremendous sense of the brotherhood of man, and over time you can hear when someone is walking behind you, the movement of a vehicle, and you feel safe. You are safe. Do not give up living just because a body-part fails. If you can think...you can overcome. A new dimension is reached with every failure. There are many plusses with vision loss. Not just challenges. The difficulties are overcome with time, but the goodwill toward you will continue, and given what I have read here that incredible willingness of others to assist during a difficult time is priceless.

• Hugs
Reactions: malcontent
T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I do not know where you live but in North America new generators are 'carb compliant' and will NOT produce CO. They will simply shut down. A little more research is needed for a successful end. I too am going blind, but it really is not that bad. I use a white cane, a magnifier with a light, have adjustments done to my computer, and am looking for a cell phone I can actually use. Give yourself time to adjust to the situation, and find a mentor. Some hilarious stories about people like us dithering about. I once went into a public washroom I had never been in before. Came out of the cubicle and went round, and round trying to find the door out...nope. Not here...not there, nowhere to be found...lol. Saved by another patron. Or the time I was walking down the street and this young man 'saved' me from walking into a bus shelter, which is where I was headed, by taking me away from the bus I was going to catch. He was so fast. Missed the bus. Or going across the street...someone was kind enough to help me cross the street. Very nice of him, but it was the wrong way, and I had to cross the street again to get back where I started. Or the people generously moving stuff out of the way in a place you have been to, and suddenly none of the chairs, tables, etc. are where you expect them to be. Landmarks moved...duh...adventures in wonderland.
One really positive aspect of visual loss is the incredible kindness of people everywhere I go. Everybody is willing to help...even when not needed. Gives me a tremendous sense of the brotherhood of man, and over time you can hear when someone is walking behind you, the movement of a vehicle, and you feel safe. You are safe. Do not give up living just because a body-part fails. If you can think...you can overcome. A new dimension is reached with every failure. There are many plusses with vision loss. Not just challenges. The difficulties are overcome with time, but the goodwill toward you will continue, and given what I have read here that incredible willingness of others to assist during a difficult time is priceless.

I'm very sorry that you're having problems with your vision.
I completely understand what you're going through since I my self I'm starting to experience the same thing.

In regards to getting used to blindness and accepting it, I'd rather die than change my lifestyle to fit with my disability.
I understand some people are strong enough to change their life according to their disability, I however I'm not going to do that.
It will be devastating for me not to work and have my wife taking care of me.

In terms of CARB compliant generators, I've found a few that do not meet the regulation and they're quite affordable.
I just don't know if they'll shut down in an enclosed space. There are no key words used in the manual such as CO auto shut off and other similar key words.
I also wanted to ask one more thing.
Regarding the process of storage renting, do they ask for your address?
I pretty sure they do, but I don't want to raise any suspicion.
How would you deal with this?
If it does have a name, unfortunately I don't know what that is, sorry.

Yeah I remember someone saying something to that effect as well, but that would allow CO to escape too, so I imagine it would be more effective with a generator which doesn't have this feature.

In all honesty, I'm not sure as I've looked more into the charcoal side of things as opposed to portable generators... Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

No worries!
Every reply is helpful.
As I stated earlier, I've found an amazing community here willing to share whatever resources they can.
I hope you find peace with the charcoal method.

Last edited: