L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Would the room be too large to attempt this method effectively? Also how long would it take for the CO to leak into the next room (roughly)?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Calculate the room volume! It's not impossible to fill any room with a lethal amount of CO but the smaller the room is the better it is. I'd say a conservatory may not be as airtight as it looks like. For the time CO needs to reach other rooms it's impossible to give an estimate here bc many factors play a role here, e.g. doors, thickness of walls, material and so on.

How do u plan to generate the CO?

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

Student
Dec 11, 2023
Not wanting to make light of this, but reading about it happening in a conservatory made me immediately think of Cluedo.

"It was Colonel Mustard in the conservatory with a charcoal burner. "

Sorry, I'll shut up now!

(also yes, I think the room would be too large / impossible to stop leaks)

Reactions: lifewasawillowtv
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Calculate the room volume! It's not impossible to fill any room with a lethal amount of CO but the smaller the room is the better it is. I'd say a conservatory may not be as airtight as it looks like. For the time CO needs to reach other rooms it's impossible to give an estimate here bc many factors play a role here, e.g. doors, thickness of walls, material and so on.

How do u plan to generate the CO?
Charcoal. I think you're right about the conservatory not being airtight enough unfortunately though…
Is there anyway way it would still be possible- surely it would just take longer?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Charcoal. I think you're right about the conservatory not being airtight enough unfortunately though…
Is there anyway way it would still be possible- surely it would just take longer?
You would need 0.135kg charcoal minimum / m³ (maybe to be sure, double that amount. Every year accidents happen to people who put their used BBQs inside their flats and go to sleep. They die by accident bc CO also kills u over many hours in low concentration. But don't count on that this isn't gonna work in an actual attempt to CTB.

Consider a 1-man tent in your conservatory for example. Did you read this guide?

Reactions: lifewasawillowtv