Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
I'm wondering if there's a way to do CO in a hotel. If there was charcoal burning outside, management would probably stop it. Plus, it would seem weird to have grills going but no food.

....but what if you got on the top floor of a hotel and opened some windows. Put the grills right next to the windows and have a fan blowing the smoke out the window. Would that raise any red flags? Would the fans be enough to keep the pollutants out of the room?

?

• Wow
Reactions: Aprilfarewell4
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
I only worry about how this might cause harm to staff. You may be able to pull this off, or use a gas generator, but I think that you should be careful since CO is highly toxic.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Do not burn down a hotel. You can get CO2 gas if you want to go that way.

Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
It's not a fire hazard at all. I'd be there tending to the grills. They'd be on concrete blocks with nothing flammable around.

Reactions: Aprilfarewell4
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Until you die. Who tends to them then?

Also, hotels have smoke and ion detectors. You will feel silly explaining this to the police and firemen while all the guests and staff are standing outside.

Reactions: ihateearth, willitpass and annointed_towers
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
Until you die. Who tends to them then?

Also, hotels have smoke and ion detectors. You will feel silly explaining this to the police and firemen while all the guests and staff are standing outside.
The smoke detectors are going to cause a huge problem, it may be that there are CO detectors as well. I worked in a group home both c o and school detectors, I don't know anything about hotels for sure but it's worth mentioning. Private vehicles or a rental car would be a better option imo

Reactions: Decided98
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Setting off alarms aside, you're also risking the lives of other people. If the vent system starts to carry CO out of the room into other parts of the hotel you're putting a lot of other people in danger. As well as whoever finds you if you are successful when they enter the room.

Reactions: Decided98
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
Yeah. I hadn't thought of hotels before. I wanted some feedback. I was thinking it might be a good choice for something spontaneous......but there are a lot of ways it could go wrong.

The CO coals are completely not a fire hazard....but who knows what happens if you disconnect smoke detectors or CO detectors.

If I were going to be a selfish prick about it, I'd just do it in my current place of living. I couldn't do that to my roommate though.

Reactions: Worndown