L

LansJ70

Student
May 3, 2021
I've thought long and hard about this and I don't want to be here any more. But I don't want to leave painfully or in a bad way, if it looked like an "accident" or even stupidity, then I'd be happier with that than chugging down SN or some other poison.

It would make it "easier" for the people left behind.

Anyway, after lots of thinking and planning and lurking and reading, I've come to the conclusion that IF you can get it right, and IF you do all the right steps and IF you have the right equipment, then CO in a tent is the perfect way.

It's fast, painless, and can be passed off as not deliberate, of course get it wrong and you're in a mess, but I've nailed down exactly what is needed tent wise, charcoal wise, other necessities wise and etc.

You can also (which is a huge plus for me) drink some drinks, and eat some food, and have a good time beforehand, unlike SN where you have to fast and can't drink (or rather shouldn't drink) alcohol, and hey, let's face it, alcohol helps overcome the SI we all might face.

So, I've priced it all up and for a 2 man tent, all the trimmings, I can get it all for under £150.

But it would be kind of sad to go alone, so does anyone want to join me?

You can get your own tent if you like, or just a sleeping bag and use mine, but maybe a couple of, or a few people having one last hurrah together might be a happier exit than skulking away by ourselves and leaving in a blaze of solitude, rather than a blaze of glory??

Just a thought, but as the world starts hopefully opening up a bit (although that might not happen here in the UK), then now is perhaps approaching the perfect time?

Hope it's okay to post this here, rather than the partners thread, I'm trying to gauge sentiment for this rather than just looking for a partner.

Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: nottheend, pthnrdnojvsc, Beachedwhale and 2 others
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I wanted to do this. It was my method. But then I've read people's stories who tried this method and didn't succeed. They became disabled and had other major health problems. It depends on the quality of charcoals etc. I'm too scared to use this method.

L

LansJ70

Student
May 3, 2021
I wanted to do this. It was my method. But then I've read people's stories who tried this method and didn't succeed. They became disabled and had other major health problems. It depends on the quality of charcoals etc. I'm too scared to use this method.
That's my major worry too.

I definitely know the right tent to use, and I am sure I've got the right charcoal too. So I'm sure it will be successful.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It sounds like a peaceful way to leave and I would join you but I've decided that if I ctb, I'll do it alone because having a partner, implies more responsibility. Imagine, if one of us survived? He/she or me could go to prison!

• Wow
Reactions: Beachedwhale and AQUA
L

LansJ70

Student
May 3, 2021
It sounds like a peaceful way to leave and I would join you but I've decided that if I ctb, I'll do it alone because having a partner, implies more responsibility. Imagine, if one of us survived? He/she or me could go to prison!
This is true, which is why I would strangle you first to make sure you wouldn't suffer such a fate :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Charcoals Charcoals surely. What are the different types ? This method does sound decent though. Surely a tent is also a tent ? Please elaborate. Much appreciated.