WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Yesterday I was browsing this site on my laptop my brother caught a glimpse of the words 'Sanctioned Suicide' and a few questionable pictures. He made a remark about how I should stop consuming unwholesome media and filling my head with crazy ideas. (My family knows that I have a tendency to delve into what most would consider 'dark'.) I was caught off-guard. As lightheartedly as I could I attempted to brush his concerns aside by by saying that here we discuss the right to die, and a conservative society like ours should be more progressive in embracing liberal ideas. Then later that night I had a nightmare that reinforced my fear of my family's displeasure at being kept in the dark.

As one of the few people here who never sought professional help, in hindsight I feel that I made the right decision. As 'normies' (I'm still hesitant to use the term) freak out at anything out of the ordinary, being told to 'be yourself' is paradoxical when you feel like you're walking on eggshells all the time. As someone who doesn't let people know more than I think they should, I've never felt more threatened by the possibility of having my 'double life' exposed. A simple Google search would land me in hot water, as 'Stop Sanctioned Suicide' and 'Fix the 26' would come up at the top of search results.

Yesterday's 'accident' was a close call. I need to tread carefully from now on.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pen>Sword, Symbiote, LunarPyotr and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Oops, it was certainly a close call!!

My dad caught me browsing SS some months ago and even though he doesn't know any English, he panicked when he read the words SANCTIONED SUICIDE because in spanish they're basically written the same (suicidio sancionado).

I explained to him that suicide is just one of the topics we talk about here because we also have conversations about depression, mental illnesses, personal problems, etc.

Some weeks ago, he even told me that this website seems to be working better than therapy for me because I look "much better" lol.

Edit: Anyway, we gotta be careful with normal people finding out about SS. When I'm teaching English online and share my screen, I'm very scared of showing something about SS accidentally lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Pen>Sword, LunarPyotr and 1 other person
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
If you have the money, buy one "privacy screen protector" from Amazon. all of my laptops have one installed.

This will give you some sort of security, specially in public places

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
That sucks. You'll be on suicide watch at house. They'll keep a close eye on you. Make sure you act as normal as you can. Don't show any depression or sadness as they will think that you will be CTBing soon.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
"Sanctioned" has two meanings.

1. give official permission or approval for (an action).
2. impose a sanction or penalty on.

you could tell everyone it's the latter and that this is a pro-life board (assuming they won't check lol)

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and LunarPyotr
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
I explained to him that suicide is just one of the topics we talk about here because we also have conversations about depression, mental illnesses, personal problems, etc.

Some weeks ago, he even told me that this website seems to be working better than therapy for me because I look "much better" lol.
You are so blessed to have someone like your dad! Just like a friend, you trust him enough to have honest, open conversations. Looking through many of your posts I'm actually envious of how well you and he get along.

"Sanctioned" has two meanings.

1. give official permission or approval for (an action).
2. impose a sanction or penalty on.

you could tell everyone it's the latter and that this is a pro-life board (assuming they won't check lol)
Good idea! Why didn't I think of that before? :sunglasses:

If you have the money, buy one "privacy screen protector" from Amazon. all of my laptops have one installed.

This will give you some sort of security, specially in public places.
Neat little device! Seems worth the investment considering that our desks are side by side.

That sucks. You'll be on suicide watch at house. They'll keep a close eye on you. Make sure you act as normal as you can. Don't show any depression or sadness as they will think that you will be CTBing soon.
It hasn't got to that point, actually. I do carry myself like the average Joe. Thankfully they're too preoccupied with studies and work at the moment. I'm only worried one of them might do a Google search and just so decide to check out Stop Sanctioned Suicide.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WornOutLife and Pen>Sword