• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AbandonedStudio

AbandonedStudio

Aug 22, 2019
One of the reasons why I want to ctb is because I feel my death would help climate change and I don't want to live to see the world dying.
Does anyone else feel like this/ what are your thoughts?

Reactions: Voy, bea1974, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
Ermac

Ermac

Aug 20, 2019
It's awful what many of these big companies have done to the planet in order to make a profit.
A lot of it could have been prevented but as an individual I lack the power to make a big enough change...

Best comparison I can give to how I feel is with a movie I saw. Not sure if you ever watched "Day after Tomorrow".
If you haven't, it's about the polar ice caps in Antarctica melting and causing excess water to flood. Which leads to a domino effect of terrible storms and weather patterns which effectively kill around 90%+ of the population.

Might be weird to say but I was kind of excited seeing that. Sort of a lachesism feeling. That storm would be like a reset which would just wipe away all the current problems.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, AbandonedStudio and Baskol1
Lifetimepunishment

Lifetimepunishment

Feb 18, 2019
I would be stoked to see the world dying in front of me

Reactions: Baskol1
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
If you live in a wealthy country, especially the US, then yes you play a large roll in Climate Change and degradation of the environment. Though, killing yourself literally won't change anything. I am sympathetic to your reasoning overall.
It's awful what many of these big companies have done to the planet in order to make a profit.
A lot of it could have been prevented but as an individual I lack the power to make a big enough change...

Best comparison I can give to how I feel is with a movie I saw. Not sure if you ever watched "Day after Tomorrow".
If you haven't, it's about the polar ice caps in Antarctica melting and causing excess water to flood. Which leads to a domino effect of terrible storms and weather patterns which effectively kill around 90%+ of the population.

Might be weird to say but I was kind of excited seeing that. Sort of a lachesism feeling. That storm would be like a reset which would just wipe away all the current problems.
The sea level rising and subsequent severe storms are some of the most talked about segments of climate, yet are also the least important and most distant effects in my opinion.

Water scarcity, impending agricultural collapse, extreme heatwaves, and the decline in biodiversity are far more pressing and all have been happening for years now.

Last edited:
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
One of the reasons why I want to ctb is because I feel my death would help climate change and I don't want to live to see the world dying.
Does anyone else feel like this/ what are your thoughts?

My biggest concern is that my granddaughters generation will have to deal with a hundred years of mismanagement and the aftermath. We don't "own" the Earth. We are stewards of her for the next generation.