M

M

There seems to be a misconception about the age rule going around lately. I want to go ahead and clear that up.
  • The 18+ age rule only applies to new members, not current members that were here before the implementation of the rule.
  • The only restriction that was placed on under 18 members is that they are not allowed to post on the Partner Megathread.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, lemmeeleev, VikingWinger and 13 others
Raggas

Raggas

Suicide is self expression
Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for clarifying that.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, AnnihilatedAnna, DeadlyLiving and 2 others
AnnihilatedAnna

AnnihilatedAnna

A Joke
Apr 17, 2018
Quick question; why are members under 18 not allowed to post in partner thread? Sorry if I'm bothering.

Reactions: lemmeeleev and Kikoo Loool
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Quick question; why are members under 18 not allowed to post in partner thread? Sorry if I'm bothering.
Partnering is a highly risky practice because you'll give private info to meet irl, I think the admins fear of predators coming to hunt teen chicks.

Last edited:
Reactions: lemmeeleev, Strumgewehr, housecat and 8 others
intheweeds

intheweeds

Student
Mar 20, 2019
I'm all for members being of adult age given the seriousness of what we discuss here, but how do you guys expect to enforce this? Can't they just lie when signing up?

Reactions: CursedForDisaster, lemmeeleev, AnnihilatedAnna and 1 other person
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I'm all for members being of adult age given the seriousness of what we discuss here, but how do you guys expect to enforce this? Can't they just lie when signing up?
Yes, there's no age certification at all on the site.

Reactions: CursedForDisaster, lemmeeleev and AnnihilatedAnna
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Too much certification would render the site useless. Anonymity is expected.

Reactions: Redt2go, lemmeeleev and housecat
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Too much certification would render the site useless. Anonymity is expected.
I didn't mean I wanted certification, on the contrary!

Reactions: lemmeeleev and AnnihilatedAnna
VikingWinger

VikingWinger

Lost soul
Mar 26, 2019
Guess we're gonna have to rely on parents keeping some sort of limits. Might even be good if someone way too young to consider ctb is found browsing this. Can also be real bad. Tough one

Reactions: lemmeeleev and AnnihilatedAnna
M

M

I believe the best way we can enforce it is the way that we're doing it right now. There's not many ways we can enforce it without invading people's privacy. We would never ask for IDs or anything like that for verification.

Partnering is a highly risky practice because you'll give private info to meet irl, I think the admins fear of predators coming to hunt teen chicks.

You are right. We want to put as many precautions in place as we can to prevent stuff like that from happening. I believe that was a good first step.

Reactions: lemmeeleev