M

mytrauma

Nov 28, 2023
Does anyone else chain smoke Cigarettes? I drink and smoke cigarettes faster than I have ever in my life. It feels like I'm eating drinking and smoking all day..can you die from smoking too many cigarettes?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Slow_Farewell, february in alaska, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
in the longterm it'll definitely kill you. ive been smoking more than ever, even chain smoking on occasion. i can already feel the toll on my body even though i just started smoking regularly the past year. now im addicted and ill probably get lung cancer one day if i dont commit suicide first 🤷‍♀️

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: losing hope, mytrauma and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You may get lunge cancer from smoking but that's a slow and agonizing death and it's not even guaranteed to develop lung cancer! I was "chain-smoker" several decades ago, especially weekends when I was partying but I stopped smoking long ago and my depressive episodes don't make me smoking again. however I drink some beers more or less to numb it as far as this is possible but it won't solve the actual problem. I'm sorry life is so rough to you and you have to go through this.

• Love
Reactions: mytrauma
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Started smoking about a week after I made plans to CTB. It's honestly not worth it, but when you're going to die anyway it doesn't really matter. I mostly just like knowing that whether or not I get the nerve to actually kill myself, I'm still "killing myself" every time I smoke, just a little bit. Plus cigarette burns are just another method of self harm

• Hugs
Reactions: mytrauma, Painfu.Ll.suffering and Praestat_Mori
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
Does anyone else chain smoke Cigarettes? I drink and smoke cigarettes faster than I have ever in my life. It feels like I'm eating drinking and smoking all day..can you die from smoking too many cigarettes?
I wish I had the money to do that.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
The song pack of cigarettes by LIZER sums up my feelings on nicotine quite nicely.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
From my experience your body will produce certain symptoms that will stop you from smoking, even for just a couple of hours.
Yes, i smoke, been doing so for the last 30 years. Ironically, i truly believed that cigarettes would lessen one's existence on a per stick basis (before they said 1 stick takes out a year of your life, now it's actually 1 stick takes out 11 minutes). But I digress..
If i smoke something heavy, like Marlborough Reds or Lucky Strikes, or Winston's I tend to have a headache which is my body telling me I've had too much. I tried to keep smoking but eventually the headache got too bad that I just stopped smoking for a while and took a nap.
Another way I know i've smoked too much is my sinuses hurt so much I have to stop smoking for a couple of hours and take a nap, but that's about it.

• Love
N

none_of_your_biz

Oct 8, 2023
Nicotine overdoses can and do happen (almost had one when smoking a cigar) but they're not deadly, they cause bad headaches, confusion, dizzyness and bad nausea/vomiting

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Chain smoking cigarillos and cigars could accelerate the process ?

But it's true it's just a slow killer... My uncle who has been chain-smoking since 25 started developing multiple cancers at 70. He ain't dead yet tho and none of those cancers were in his lungs but in other organs. I had a workmate who was always bragging that his grandfather, just like him, smoked his whole life without any problem : my workmate retired at 65 and had a heart stroke 6 months later but survived. He was drinking coffee, alcohol a lot.

There's no way out huh ?