Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
I find relief sitting in empty silent churches and browsing museums.

The one church I go to sit in was especially nice in the winter, as I would sit near a radiator and its gentle rhythmic wheezing and sighing was very comforting.

Museums are nice because all the artifacts from throughout history comfort and distract me, and remind me that billions of other people have lived and died, just as I will have done. And surely among those billions are at least a few thousand whose experience of life would so closely match mine that we would completely understand one another.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, Pupuce, burnedCookie and 2 others
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I love museums. If I lived somewhere with amazing free ones like London etc I'd go several times a week. Churches not so much...I appreciate the architecture of old European churches but am not into the function. I get the same environmental comfort out of any old and large building. Train stations etc..but there the noise is miserable. Museums are where its at.

Reactions: Hennessy, Tom9999 and Baskol1
Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
I love museums. If I lived somewhere with amazing free ones like London etc I'd go several times a week. Churches not so much...I appreciate the architecture of old European churches but am not into the function. I get the same environmental comfort out of any old and large building. Train stations etc..but there the noise is miserable. Museums are where its at.

I know what you mean about not being into the function. That's why I only go when there's no service so I dont have to listen to people sing and chant stuff that I do not believe. The imagery of Christ and stuff I've redefined in my own terms so I'm okay with looking at it.

I know what you mean about noise. I just had to leave the church because some guy was moving metal music stands and in the process banging then against one another.

Reactions: Hennessy and oopswronglife