M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
Suffering without hope. Things could have been so different. A couple bad decisions after leading a life of pretty good decisions. It's kinda of crazy what I was thinking before cipro/tinnitus. Life had been so good I was very grateful and felt lucky but had this thought that the universe was going to balance the scale as I didn't deserve to be living such a good life. I've always wondered if thinking that way contributed to making a choice I knew was wrong. I was at a 3 day concert and seats were right in line with the speakers. It was actually uncomfortable at the time but I choose to drink to numb it a bit instead of moving or going to find ear plugs. Sounds must have been at 140+db. Left me with serve tinnitus due to hearing loss. Then to make it much worse, I took an antibiotic called cipro as the doctor though an ear infection could be why my tinnitus was so bad. I was one of the unlucky ones that cipro simply destroyed by body, bed ridden for two years and made my tinnitus worse. I should have cub along time ago. I really though things would get better. I'm no longer bed ridden but now I have no life, friends, physical strength or much emotional support from family. I just can't seem to do anything to improve my situation.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Motherfly, Deleted member 1465, Le_lacrime_di_marzo and 4 others
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I really sympathise with you as I have Tinnitus and unless you get it I don't think anyone can understand how fucking awful it is. Mine came on after an ear infection over 7 months ago and that alone as brought be to the brinks of suicide.
Sending you hugs ❤️

• Love
Reactions: morningdew
Hunter100

Hunter100

Lost...
Oct 12, 2019
Suffering without hope. Things could have been so different. A couple bad decisions after leading a life of pretty good decisions. It's kinda of crazy what I was thinking before cipro/tinnitus. Life had been so good I was very grateful and felt lucky but had this thought that the universe was going to balance the scale as I didn't deserve to be living such a good life. I've always wondered if thinking that way contributed to making a choice I knew was wrong. I was at a 3 day concert and seats were right in line with the speakers. It was actually uncomfortable at the time but I choose to drink to numb it a bit instead of moving or going to find ear plugs. Sounds must have been at 140+db. Left me with serve tinnitus due to hearing loss. Then to make it much worse, I took an antibiotic called cipro as the doctor though an ear infection could be why my tinnitus was so bad. I was one of the unlucky ones that cipro simply destroyed by body, bed ridden for two years and made my tinnitus worse. I should have cub along time ago. I really though things would get better. I'm no longer bed ridden but now I have no life, friends, physical strength or much emotional support from family. I just can't seem to do anything to improve my situation.
Gingko biloba is great to take to help tinnitus. I was kicked in the head by a horse and also had it for several weeks. This supplement helped. Good luck.

Reactions: Rachel74
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yes I can relate to you morning dew. I also have chronic health problems. I was in a bad accident and it destroyed my life. My body is now permanently messed up and there isn't anything else I can do about it. Already had surgeries, tons of pt , and have pursued this as far as I can take it. Doctors won't listen to me or think I'm crazy. I have also been told what I have can't be fixed. I have researched it to death. The is no other option for me other than to die. I don't know how much longer I can put up with all these symptoms. Then another day turns into another one and then another week and another and then I am still here suffering . Hope you can get some kind of relief.

Reactions: Foster13
M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
Gingko biloba is great to take to help tinnitus. I was kicked in the head by a horse and also had it for several weeks. This supplement helped. Good luck.

thanks for the suggestion. I do take Gingko along with many other supplements daily. Doesn't seem to be anything to help with the noise but a supplement called "emotional wellness" did help a little bit just dealing with it everyday.
Yes I can relate to you morning dew. I also have chronic health problems. I was in a bad accident and it destroyed my life. My body is now permanently messed up and there isn't anything else I can do about it. Already had surgeries, tons of pt , and have pursued this as far as I can take it. Doctors won't listen to me or think I'm crazy. I have also been told what I have can't be fixed. I have researched it to death. The is no other option for me other than to die. I don't know how much longer I can put up with all these symptoms. Then another day turns into another one and then another week and another and then I am still here suffering . Hope you can get some kind of relief.

Hey Frank, sorry to hear about your accident. It's crazy how fast life can change. Based on your username I'm guessing you know where my username came from. The tinnitus actually came from GD50 in chicago. We went to the seats behind the stage as that was the only place with room to dance. The only show I wish I would have missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Passersby and Hunter100
Passersby

Passersby

Aug 29, 2019
thanks for the suggestion. I do take Gingko along with many other supplements daily. Doesn't seem to be anything to help with the noise but a supplement called "emotional wellness" did help a little bit just dealing with it everyday.

Hey Frank, sorry to hear about your accident. It's crazy how fast life can change. Based on your username I'm guessing you know where my username came from. The tinnitus actually came from GD50 in chicago. We went to the seats behind the stage as that was the only place with room to dance. The only show I wish I would have missed.
Wow, this is a small world.:smiling: Yeah I was wondering if your name had anything to do with the song? Guess it does. stumbled across some of your posts and was thinking that we had some things in common. Even though our situations are completely different but sounds like we are both dealing with shit that steals our life and happiness. I now have a sedentary lifestyle and it is killing me. I'm tortured by my body. That's too damn bad that you got that from that show. Sorry. I bet we have probably been at one of the same shows before. I've been seeing them as much as I can since the late nineties. Used to travel around and do fun things and had an active life. Life is now meaningless for me. It's taking me so long to type this because it's on an iPad. I am thinking about going to Nassau next week. Do to my physical limitations though I'm still not sure about it . It would increase my suffering and pain by a ton. Trying to figure out if it's worth it or not. I don't mean the show of course that would be great but I'm referring to the struggle I would have to go through to go. So anyway I am on the fence. I do already have a ticket though. On time I went on the west coast rat dog tour from sf to la and that was one of the best experiences of my life. Was young and felt great then too. So is it constant torture with what you were describing?

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Im
So sorry - that is awful! Just for going to a gig ffs- and what ever the docs have u ! Fk them ffs!
Wow, this is a small world.:smiling: Yeah I was wondering if your name had anything to do with the song? Guess it does. stumbled across some of your posts and was thinking that we had some things in common. Even though our situations are completely different but sounds like we are both dealing with shit that steals our life and happiness. I now have a sedentary lifestyle and it is killing me. I'm tortured by my body. That's too damn bad that you got that from that show. Sorry. I bet we have probably been at one of the same shows before. I've been seeing them as much as I can since the late nineties. Used to travel around and do fun things and had an active life. Life is now meaningless for me. It's taking me so long to type this because it's on an iPad. I am thinking about going to Nassau next week. Do to my physical limitations though I'm still not sure about it . It would increase my suffering and pain by a ton. Trying to figure out if it's worth it or not. I don't mean the show of course that would be great but I'm referring to the struggle I would have to go through to go. So anyway I am on the fence. I do already have a ticket though. On time I went on the west coast rat dog tour from sf to la and that was one of the best experiences of my life. Was young and felt great then too. So is it constant torture with what you were describing?
I don't know the specific band / gig yr referring to but I used to like a lot of noise bands and loud gigs - not enough to give me tintinitus though- which sounds awful! - do you think there should be more warnings at said shows ? Or does the responsibility lie with the individual do you think?

Last edited:
Passersby

Passersby

Aug 29, 2019
I can also relate to being bedridden because I was also bedridden for a year. Just going from bed to bathroom. That really sucks and is no quality of life. It really messes with your mind too as you also know. If this posts is all weird it's because I am leaning how to do stuff on here. Like copy and paste stuff. It's also very hard to type and sit here. You stated that you didn't have any friends. Well now you have one morningdew. :hug:

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
I can also relate to being bedridden because I was also bedridden for a year. Just going from bed to bathroom. That really sucks and is no quality of life. It really messes with your mind too as you also know. If this posts is all weird it's because I am leaning how to do stuff on here. Like copy and paste stuff. It's also very hard to type and sit here. You stated that you didn't have any friends. Well now you have one morningdew. :hug:

Very true, stuck in bed goes far beyond the physical. It's difficult on all levels. People just expect you to get better.

If you're able to make it to the show I think the trade off will be worth it. If not, you can always come back here and tell what a bad idea it was :)
I appreciate your friendship. These days I make a better online friend than I would in person.

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I have tinnitus. I was born with it it think but I have no hearing loss. For me it's exactly the opposite and that can drive you to kill yourself on it's own. I don't understand big you didn't have an ear infection why this doctor gave that to you. If he was trying to calm down the tinnitus, there is no cure for that. But any ear doctor should be able to tell if you have an infection or not. I'm sorry you're going through what you're going through. It's like someone put a little soundbox in your ear canal and then the canal with cement.

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Thank you, I'll will try this.
I can't even mask the sound anymore as my ear gets used to it and the buzzing starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunter100
Le_lacrime_di_marzo

Le_lacrime_di_marzo

Straight up not having a good time
Oct 8, 2019
Sorry this has happened to you. I'm going through a similar thing with my health problems. The fact that my body has gone down the shitter maybe thanks to a few bad choices I made (in total innocence, never imagining that I was doing something harmful) drives me mad. It sucks. Big hugs to you friend. I hope you manage to find peace and relief one way or another

• Love
Reactions: morningdew