FredTheCripple

FredTheCripple

Mar 21, 2018
November although kinda early seems to be the time of year were everyone & everything gets all hyped for Christmas. Buying stuff online takes twice as long, shopping in real life is far more crowded, Christmas music playing everywhere, every building filled with Christmas decorations, people start planning visits, and lastly, you end up with a hole in your bank account due to gift exchanges.

It's almost the end of the year. Why am I still alive? Why do I always have a constant headache these days? Why does it feel like every year somehow gets even worse? Why can't Christmas be every four years?

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Forever Sleep, loopdaloop and 7 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I feel like I just got through Christmas a couple of weeks ago. It floors me that another year has passed so quickly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, tiger b and FredTheCripple
FredTheCripple

FredTheCripple

Mar 21, 2018
Yup, the years certainly fly by. I have that feeling every year.

Reactions: Lupgevif and tiger b
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I H A T E C H R I S T M A S T I M E

• Love
Reactions: Lupgevif, tiger b, Heading to Darkness and 1 other person
Heading to Darkness

Heading to Darkness

Oct 29, 2023
The hype of Christmas sickens me it always has. you are made to feel guilty if you're not spending money you haven't got for people you don't really like that much, and as for cards swapping with people you see everyday?? School children doing the same its madness i send the odd card to people i haven't seen most of the year and its nicer than a message. i used to enjoy Christmas day but only to watch the childrens joy. I will be alone on Christmas day and after the initial anger of not being able to see the children this year, if i havent ctb by then which hopefully i will i will enjoy the peace
I have had Christmas day alone before and the guilt you feel by tv radio etc etc making you feel its wrong and the offer of people saying 'oh you cant be alone join us@ is not good i am used to my own company Christmas day is just anther day like yesterday, today and tomorrow

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, FredTheCripple, Lupgevif and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Christmas is 90% marketing and 10% good wishes etc. I'm perfectly happy with the 10%. I'll be alone half of Christmas Day and I'll be watching crappy films and cooking simple stuff. I won't be disappointed because I don't have high expectations of it at all.

Anyone who says you should do x or y for Christmas are free to speak for themselves and their situation.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Celerity, FredTheCripple and 1 other person
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I love Chrisrtmas. It is my favorite time of the year. I always buy things early, and all my relatives are humble people, that despite all having an income good enough for a dignified life, understand there is no need for expensive and over the top gifts, and what matters is the love being shared. We reunite every year to celebrate it.

• Love
Reactions: FredTheCripple and LoiteringClouds
FredTheCripple

FredTheCripple

Mar 21, 2018
I love Chrisrtmas. It is my favorite time of the year. I always buy things early, and all my relatives are humble people, that despite all having an income good enough for a dignified life, understand there is no need for expensive and over the top gifts, and what matters is the love being shared. We reunite every year to celebrate it.
You are a better person than me, that's for sure. It must be kinda nice to get some enjoyment out of seeing other people happy.

Reactions: tiger b, Lupgevif and noSuffering
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
You are a better person than me, that's for sure. It must be kinda nice to get some enjoyment out of seeing other people happy.
I'm not that better off. Such enjoyment comes mostly from people who are very close to me - and I will eventually hurt them anyway.

Reactions: FredTheCripple
FredTheCripple

FredTheCripple

Mar 21, 2018
I'm not that better off. Such enjoyment comes mostly from people who are very close to me - and I will eventually hurt them anyway.
Still, it's something to hold onto while it lasts.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Lupgevif