HyperEclipse

HyperEclipse

Longing for death but lacks the motivation
Jun 16, 2023
So I've been a Christian (saved and everything) for most of my life. But I'm still terribly mentally ill and chronically suicidal and seriously thinking of attempting again sooner or later. A lot of our non- mentally ill fellow followers of God would say that God sends you to hell for completing suicide. But I honestly don't believe that's the case. I think that's a man- made assumption to try and cope with the reality and gruesome nature of suicide. It's not mentioned anywhere in the Bible. And I just can't imagine my connection with God being severed simply because I surrender to all the despair and suffering and illness in my mind. Even if it was a choice made with a clear mind. First of all, I'm not truly in control of wether I live or die. I've attempted 4 times this far and have survived all of them. I believe God has to allow a suicide attempt to be successful. In that case, does it really make it any different than a death caused by other reasons? Since when does death become less viable or legitimate because you did it to yourself? Also, I don't believe that anyone with a perfectly healthy mind even considers suicide. Mental illness is lethal and often times can be terminal in cases of severe and chronic issues (like my own.) does that make it any different than dying of a physical ailment?

• Hugs
Reactions: squirley, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Why would god send a person to hell via suicide, if they haven't sinned massively. You think a loving god would hate their children for ending their lives, sure it's not natural. But it's death. Never understood that

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
C

Cheffo

Sep 23, 2023
Some people in the Bible did it and were not condemned. King Saul fell on his sword. He was not judged badly for that. There are a few others as well, Sampson is another. King Saul flat out told his armor bearer to kill him, when he didn't he did it himself.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
So I've been a Christian (saved and everything) for most of my life. But I'm still terribly mentally ill and chronically suicidal and seriously thinking of attempting again sooner or later. A lot of our non- mentally ill fellow followers of God would say that God sends you to hell for completing suicide. But I honestly don't believe that's the case. I think that's a man- made assumption to try and cope with the reality and gruesome nature of suicide. It's not mentioned anywhere in the Bible. And I just can't imagine my connection with God being severed simply because I surrender to all the despair and suffering and illness in my mind. Even if it was a choice made with a clear mind. First of all, I'm not truly in control of wether I live or die. I've attempted 4 times this far and have survived all of them. I believe God has to allow a suicide attempt to be successful. In that case, does it really make it any different than a death caused by other reasons? Since when does death become less viable or legitimate because you did it to yourself? Also, I don't believe that anyone with a perfectly healthy mind even considers suicide. Mental illness is lethal and often times can be terminal in cases of severe and chronic issues (like my own.) does that make it any different than dying of a physical ailment?
Everything I've read/heard/watched tells me you don't go to hell if you commit suicide. I can't imagine you being completely miserable, just utterly broken you get to the pearly gates and God goes "well I know you were a Christian, believed in me, etc.... You thought you were miserable but... Welcome to hell!!" It isn't an unforgiveable sin. The only one is to blaspheme the holy spirit. Should you fear having to tell God why you ended your life? Probably. I assume God will just show you what your life would've looked like had you not. Frankly, Christians are just as if not more arrogant, self-absorbed as general society.... I'm a Christian I believe in the bible because it is true and etc.... That said I hate Christians. I don't see any redeeming qualities. So no you are fine, I would exhaust yourself and try to get better. That said everyone knows society isn't going to help you. They'd rather see you suffer... Hope this helps.

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Ok, this is why I'm not religious and I don't even see a point in religions honestly: because, at the end of the day, everyone interprets them however they want.

From what I have always been taught (I come from a christian environment unfortunately) committing suicide is considered a grave sin, as you are throwing away the life that God gave you, and that decision is not yours to make.
Do I agree with any of that bs? No. But that is what I've always been told so here's your answer.
Church is against euthanasia aswell, as far as I know, and that says a lot too. Here's the quote from the pope in charge in '95: "Euthanasia is a grave violation of the law of God, since it is the deliberate and morally unacceptable killing of a human person".
So draw your conclusions.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'm not Christian but I don't think that suicide is a sin and the concept of hell honestly makes no sense to me. Why is there a place for you to suffer even more? I've suffered enough in this lifetime

squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
So I've been a Christian (saved and everything) for most of my life. But I'm still terribly mentally ill and chronically suicidal and seriously thinking of attempting again sooner or later. A lot of our non- mentally ill fellow followers of God would say that God sends you to hell for completing suicide.
But I honestly don't believe that's the case. I think that's a man- made assumption to try and cope with the reality and gruesome nature of suicide.
? It's literally written in your story book. It's not.your opinion or belief to doubt look what happened in the story of Noah.
You don't belive , you don't listen, you don't follow , you get punished lol

Funny if you read the 7 rules of Satanism everyone can agree they are simple and logically sound for everyone's benefit.
It's not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.
Yea it is ???? By Sam? Or Samuel I think ?
And I just can't imagine my connection with God being severed simply because I surrender to all the despair and suffering and illness in my mind.
To bad dude your God is a vengeful God not one for pity.
Even if it was a choice made with a clear mind. First of all, I'm not truly in control of wether I live or die. I've attempted 4 times this far and have survived all of them. I believe God has to allow a suicide attempt to be successful. In that case, does it really make it any different than a death caused by other reasons? Since when does death become less viable or legitimate because you did it to yourself?
The long and short of it is your God gave you lige so it's not yours to take. Right???
Sorry for your failed attempts. Hope you didn't get hurt.
Also, I don't believe that anyone with a perfectly healthy mind even considers suicide.
What do you mean ? Many fully healthy people mind / soul / rich/ poor / single / family. Everything you mentioned can be a factor for some. But it goes both ways.
Mental illness is lethal and often times can be terminal in cases of severe and chronic issues (like my own.) does that make it any different than dying of a physical ailment?
One is by choice one is not.
And that's the your church promotes medicine and counseling if you have those issues.
Of course if you just randomly grab a shotty and blow your head off ?
I'm not Christian but I don't think that suicide is a sin and the concept of hell honestly makes no sense to me. Why is there a place for you to suffer even more? I've suffered enough in this lifetime
I hear you. You can think it is a sin or not
Selfish or not
But if your all in a God.
its a sin , and same.with various other religions and that's why it's bull shit lol
There is so much .... like one chapter says o hey you'll be forgiven as long it's not blasphemous or whatever
Next one says no murder
But you're murdering your self lol

The Bible views suicide as equal to murder, which is what it is—self-murder.

Right ? It's never ending argument enjoy reading your book of lies and mind fucks lol

Good story though I enjoyed it

Last edited: