Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Today, a frustrating event happened between me and my dad

I don't want to go into all the details, though we were both hurt/mad at each other and said things in anger

I myself was very hurt and angry. I recognized my feelings as valid and wondered what would be the healthiest way to respond

In the past, I would have given up my plans of fun, took out my anger on loved ones, and stayed angry

I chose to let the anger be and go out anyways in spite of the situation

I chose to speak to my aunt (yes the one who can be toxic) and confided in her on what happened. She got me to think clearly and not freak out as badly

With that I was able to treat myself to a meal, watch a smash tournament, and bond (a bit more intimately) with one of my guy friends (which made me feel good lol)

I am far from over it. I still have a lot of comped feelings inside me. But I didn't let it ruin my day

Tomorrow is work. I must prepare

• Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83, Sannti, corazon and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
You're doing very well, especially since you're figuring this out for yourself.

Emotions like anger can be very challenging. Acting out is rarely a good idea, but nor is emotional repression. There seems to be a middle ground between indulging in emotion and distracting ourselves to avoid it. The idea seems to be removing the storyline of the situation to fully feel the energy of the emotion in the body, even if it's uncomfortable, and letting it stay as long as it wants. It will eventually pass by itself and will then be gone, rather than accumulating in a hidden pressure cooker.

Reactions: katagiri83 and Praestat_Mori
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
You're doing very well, especially since you're figuring this out for yourself.

Emotions like anger can be very challenging. Acting out is rarely a good idea, but nor is emotional repression. There seems to be a middle ground between indulging in emotion and distracting ourselves to avoid it. The idea seems to be removing the storyline of the situation to fully feel the energy of the emotion in the body, even if it's uncomfortable, and letting it stay as long as it wants. It will eventually pass by itself and will then be gone, rather than accumulating in a hidden pressure cooker.
I still feel hurt and uncomfortable, especially about what my dad said. Even tho he was hurt, I didn't feel it was right

I'd like to have a conversation about it but, I need to find the right time to do that

• Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83 and Pluto