LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
I don't normally post in this Section, and I'm not on a path to Recovery at all at this moment, but I wanted to share something positive I found recently!

Ever since I've been released from the hospital, I've been having a cup of hot chocolate, and usually some kind of solid chocolate every day.

You see, they gave me lots of hot choccy in the A&E (was free *and* without lactose so I drank a lot)... and it seems to help with keeping me running in spite of all the horror, iunno.

What the internet tells me is this apparently - eating chocolate releases some hormone named oxytocin, which is usually released from social bonding, like giving a hug....
mmmm I do miss hugs, I got a lot back home :(

I've almost fully avoided chocolate for over a year and a half - since I got my diagnosis.
Have a quite strong lactose intolerance - I was in extremely poor physical health at the time, but this issue has not relapsed in over a year - despite the only continued adjustment being absolutely no milk products, and drinking more water.

Thankfully I've now realized, like, wait a minute - there is milk free chocolate!
There seems to be more options for it out there these days!
A very, very, uhm... privileged, crutch, but, given how sombre everything has been, and is still going... I'm grateful for it ^_^

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches, Krisis, tourniquetbunny and 11 others
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I'm so happy for you. 💛 Hot coco is my favorite drink in the autumn and winter.

I wish I could give you a hug.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1, mertvets and 1 other person
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
mmmm I do miss hugs, I got a lot back home :(
The way you write things are cute in this post. It's as if you found your safe option. Even though I'd avoid chocolate and milk because it's not my thing.
I don't sniff pro-life personality in you. You just seem to be a caring person to me.

I liked your quote though : l

💜💜 I'm sorry. I can't take your suffering away. But maybe I can bring you comfort. 💜💜 -- puella
I don't normally post in this Section, and I'm not on a path to Recovery at all at this moment
Hey LonelyKitten, did you also find yourself weird when you post in Recovery section? I mean this corner of SaSu felt slightly different to me.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and LonelyKitten
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I remember having hot chocolate in the evenings in the psych wards, shame I wasnt in the right place to enjoy it but it was one of my more pleasant memories. I don't drink tea or coffee but I do like an ovaltine, it's certainly a nice comfort.

• Hugs
RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
I love chocolate. Although too much sugar sometimes makes me feel worse (physically, I have a sensitive stomach), low-sugar chocolates are one of the few things that consistently helps make me happy. I didn't know it released certain hormones but honestly I believe it. Actually, I was recently considering restocking my chocolate stash, this must be a sign...

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1, carac and 1 other person
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
Oh! I have chocolate sometimes, but I wish I could have it more. Maybe I'll make some hot chocolate! We got some mixes for it, recently.

• Hugs
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I'm glad you have something comforting and safe to enjoy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fimbulvetr, Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and 1 other person
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I love chocolate. Although too much sugar sometimes makes me feel worse (physically, I have a sensitive stomach), low-sugar chocolates are one of the few things that consistently helps make me happy. I didn't know it released certain hormones but honestly I believe it. Actually, I was recently considering restocking my chocolate stash, this must be a sign...
Do you mean like the 70%+ cocoa dark chocolate. They can be a bit bitter at first but I've grown to really like them. definietly gives you your chocolate fix and can be quite good for you I've heard.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, RosebyAnyName, Kit1 and 1 other person
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Hey LonelyKitten, did you also find yourself weird when you post in Recovery section? I mean this corner of SaSu felt slightly different to me.
Haha, yeah, it definitely feels a little odd. Always been almost exclusively in Suicide Discussion, you?

Felt a little worry about "intruding", I suppose.
I think I would love to recover, but I don't have the means to Recovery, and it'd be a miracle if I somehow obtained them.

Yet this thought and it's warm, fuzzy choccy feelings felt more appropriate for this Section, yeah? >_< hehe
This bubbliness, it's been a while! It's how I am when I'm doing okay. "the way you write things is cute in this post", as you put it.

Likewise 💛

Thank you for the supportive messages y'all. For choccy fans, what's everybody's favorite kind of chocolate?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, username8888 and Kit1
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
Glad to see your still around <3
Choccy makes everything better :3

• Hugs
Reactions: Fimbulvetr, Praestat_Mori and LonelyKitten
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
All hail choccy milk. I love putting shit ton of whipped cream and maeshmallows on mine. Gonna make one now after seeing this post lol

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: viljalauss, Praestat_Mori and LonelyKitten
viljalauss

viljalauss

he/they 21
Aug 22, 2023
i'm glad you shared this ^-^ chocolate and chocolate milk can be very comforting indeed, especially when you're holding a cup between your hands

i've found quite a few really good vegan chocolate options, including one made with oat milk that had salted pretzel bits in it :o as for my favourite, i think it'd be that or any vegan salted caramel type. though sometimes a simple plant milk milk chocolate, or some dark chocolate, is the way to go.

sending lots of virtual hugs if you would like them :)

maxresdefault.jpg

• Love
Reactions: LonelyKitten