TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I am NOT talking about video games or board games but physical activities that was so fun as a child but I never played again after growing up feel free to mention anyone you can think of since there surely are more I just can´t remember at the moment :heart:

Four square
I remember playing this a lot doing recess and in the after school club we could play this for a long time it was so simple yet so fun, here is a picture below of the game
Four square firkant

Dodge ball
This was the most fun game in PE when I was a child I would be so excited every time it got announced that we would play this game doing PE and I was awesome at it, I was very flexible as a child and I remember the pressure when I was the last one alive against several others how I would dodge the balls almsot Matrix style and then shoot them back with the ball I felt like the coolest guy ever I so miss this game.

Stop-leg
I can´t remember what it´s called in English but I am sure you all know it I remember playing it a lot in Kindergarten it is where you walk around some chairs while some music is playing and while it is playing a chair gets removed and then when the music stops you have to sit down as fast as possible and if you are not fast enough you get eliminated because there isn´t a chair for everyone I remember the excitement of this game it was so much fun and I remember how after several rounds with only a few chairs left therefor longer to each chair we would start walking slower when we thought the music would stop it was such a thrill.

"Rundbold" (like baseball/softball)
I used to play this a lot doing PE in school it was so much fun and all the boys we were always such try hards trying to hit the ball the furthest away and run to as many bases as we could it felt so good and was so much fun and I guess I was always competetive when I played games so I would get a thrill from doing better than other people.

The floor is lava
I really miss this game and like the others it was so much fun and could be played almost everywhere but it was the most fun when playing in the gym at PE because of all the things we could use to jump on and there was ropes from the celing we could use to get from one point to another.

I really miss playing all these fun games and just writing about it I remember the feeling of how exciting and thrilling all these games were as a child back then we could have fun with about anything at our desposal.

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0, ninthhokage, Wayfaerer and 4 others
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
The yearning desire I feel to be a child again. The days just seemed to have slipped away.

One time we all went outside with our friend to play games like hopscotch and we just never went out again. Its the price to pay when getting older.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, Élégie, Circles and 3 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
The yearning desire I feel to be a child again. The days just seemed to have slipped away.

One time we all went outside with our friend to play games like hopscotch and we just never went out again. Its the price to pay when getting older.
Time goes so fast sometimes it feels like I just blinked and now I am a 25 year old adult, especially when it comes to my teenage years because even at then I missed my childhood but to think it´s been 9 years since I was 16 I can´t even comprehend that it´s like I grew up in a blink of an eye.

Attachments

• At some point in your childhood you went out to play one last time.jpg
    At some point in your childhood you went out to play one last time.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Do you remember all the late night talks and you no longer are friends.jpg
    Do you remember all the late night talks and you no longer are friends.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, TearyEyedQueen and UninformedLover
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
We used to play a poor man's version of squash with a tennis ball and using our hands as the racket.

Reactions: Circles, freefrommybody, TrailerTrash and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
We used to play a poor man's version of squash with a tennis ball and using our hands as the racket.
Uh that reminds me of another game I used to love which was a game we called 'Wall' it´s like squash where the only rule was to kick a ball into the wall and the other people would have to kick it before it hit the wall on the opposite site, we mostly played this in the school yard sorrounded by walls it was very fun and chill to play.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, LonelyLight and Stan
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Oh man, I remember dodgeball. Those were my favorite days in gym! I kicked so much ass at it because I was one of the short & speedy ones. Those were the days...

Thank you for reminding me.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, freefrommybody and TheGoodGuy
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
We played tag in the town centre after school while waiting for the bus. Or Wembly with a tennis ball.
I think someone would call the rozzers if kids tried to do any of that now.

Reactions: Circles and Stan
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
We used to play a game called curbs where you both stand on either side of the road and bounce the ball back to yourself off the curb..
Also 52 bonkers, which is basically hide and seek,
And red letter red letter... gosh so many memories of playing on the green with my friends thinking about these games..
We also used to put mud and leaves into tins and pretend it was cakes we were baking.
I pity children in this day and age I really do.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, SinisterKid, Little Mook and 1 other person
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I remember four square, but I was never good at it. Same with Teather Ball. I did like Kick ball though. I remember kicking a few home runs in kick ball. Hackey sack is another game I played, though I wasn't good at it. The floor is lava was fun.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles and TheGoodGuy
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
I remember the sky was deep blue and the air smelled sweet ....... missing in most parts of the world now.

Reactions: Circles, Flora1 and TearyEyedQueen
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I can remember playing marbles on a drain cover!

• Love
Reactions: SinisterKid
Little Mook

Little Mook

Oct 20, 2019
Boggle !
Outside game - manhunt

Reactions: Circles and LonelyLight
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I miss me some good old-fashioned hide-and-seek and tag games. We also used to play pretend a lot.
Also ball games, water balloons, water guns...
God everything was so much more colorful in those days :'(

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Oyoy, UninformedLover, TheGoodGuy and 3 others
F

Flora1

Nov 23, 2019
Anyone from the uk? I remember British bulldog and stuck in the mud. Good times.

• Love
Reactions: SpareWheel, painoflife and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I miss me some good old-fashioned hide-and-seek and tag games. We also used to play pretend a lot.
Also ball games, water balloons, water guns...
God everything was so much more colorful in those days :'(
What do you mean about 'play pretend' ? is it like when I was a child playing Star Wars, Harry Potter or a self-made Dragonball Z character because that was so much fun too.

I miss water fights so much! When we grow up there are so many things we can´t do anymore like water fights and it´s so tragic because I had some amazing times having water fights with water guns, buckets of water, and water balloons.

I even visited my old school (which is far from where I live) back in summer and when standing in front of that school building on those hot stone pavement I reminisced about my childhood on those hot summer days at the after school club I went to with my brothers in the summer vacation while my parents worked and those water fights on those hot days were so much fun I wish I could describe the feeling better of the hot sun on those stones it´s like you can even smell it which reminded me of the same smell on those hot summer days doing water fights those were the happy years.

Reactions: TearyEyedQueen
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
What do you mean about 'play pretend' ? is it like when I was a child playing Star Wars, Harry Potter or a self-made Dragonball Z character because that was so much fun too.

I miss water fights so much! When we grow up there are so many things we can´t do anymore like water fights and it´s so tragic because I had some amazing times having water fights with water guns, buckets of water, and water balloons.

I even visited my old school (which is far from where I live) back in summer and when standing in front of that school building on those hot stone pavement I reminisced about my childhood on those hot summer days at the after school club I went to with my brothers in the summer vacation while my parents worked and those water fights on those hot days were so much fun I wish I could describe the feeling better of the hot sun on those stones it´s like you can even smell it which reminded me of the same smell on those hot summer days doing water fights those were the happy years.
Yes that's what I meant, I'm not from an english speaking country so that's the reason why it might have sounded weird. However, we were an all-girls group so we pretended to be characters from either Winx club or Bratz (these cartoons used to be shown on saturday and sunday mornings and were a big deal to 00's girls altough they were cringy AF) xD.
We also pretended to be adults with kids and jobs... Funny enough I hated the latter because I always knew it would suck for me.

• Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I am NOT talking about video games or board games but physical activities that was so fun as a child but I never played again after growing up feel free to mention anyone you can think of since there surely are more I just can´t remember at the moment :heart:

Four square
I remember playing this a lot doing recess and in the after school club we could play this for a long time it was so simple yet so fun, here is a picture below of the game
View attachment 19558

Dodge ball
This was the most fun game in PE when I was a child I would be so excited every time it got announced that we would play this game doing PE and I was awesome at it, I was very flexible as a child and I remember the pressure when I was the last one alive against several others how I would dodge the balls almsot Matrix style and then shoot them back with the ball I felt like the coolest guy ever I so miss this game.

Stop-leg
I can´t remember what it´s called in English but I am sure you all know it I remember playing it a lot in Kindergarten it is where you walk around some chairs while some music is playing and while it is playing a chair gets removed and then when the music stops you have to sit down as fast as possible and if you are not fast enough you get eliminated because there isn´t a chair for everyone I remember the excitement of this game it was so much fun and I remember how after several rounds with only a few chairs left therefor longer to each chair we would start walking slower when we thought the music would stop it was such a thrill.

"Rundbold" (like baseball/softball)
I used to play this a lot doing PE in school it was so much fun and all the boys we were always such try hards trying to hit the ball the furthest away and run to as many bases as we could it felt so good and was so much fun and I guess I was always competetive when I played games so I would get a thrill from doing better than other people.

The floor is lava
I really miss this game and like the others it was so much fun and could be played almost everywhere but it was the most fun when playing in the gym at PE because of all the things we could use to jump on and there was ropes from the celing we could use to get from one point to another.

I really miss playing all these fun games and just writing about it I remember the feeling of how exciting and thrilling all these games were as a child back then we could have fun with about anything at our desposal.
My favourite was bulldog takedown.
You get a line of people and 1 person is the take downer. Everybody runs from one point to another. When that person takes that person to the ground they are on that take downers team. You keep doing it until everyone is down. Great fun

• Love
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Anyone from the uk? I remember British bulldog and stuck in the mud. Good times.
My favourite was bulldog takedown.
You get a line of people and 1 person is the take downer. Everybody runs from one point to another. When that person takes that person to the ground they are on that take downers team. You keep doing it until everyone is down. Great fun
Thanks for reminding me of that I am certain I played this as a child or something very similar, I just watched as youtube video of it and it looks very familiar.

• Love
Reactions: Flora1
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I also remember water-balloon fights, tag, freeze tag and hide and n seek.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, TheGoodGuy and OreoWellington
beyondbreath

beyondbreath

Nov 19, 2019
In my elementary school, we had these "baskets" on poles, the baskets were tri-color and had three holes in them. it was so fun to play carefree, throwing bouncy balls and basketballs and wondering which basket exit it would emerge from. (my description is a bit dramatic mainly because I want to make sure you know what I am talking about :P )

I also really loved throwing bouncy balls at the school wall and running to catch them as they bounced back. I miss that.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and Brick In The Wall
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
i really miss musical chairs and hide & seek. dodgeball was also really fun; i wasn't all that fast as a kid (nor am i now!), but i was short and skinny so i would remain last and balls would miss me anyway :-)

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy and TheGoodGuy
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
yeah mate
i live next to a primary school and morning till afternoon i am basically one of them, loud fuckers.
sometimes look out the window and watch them playing and being wrongens.. or if i see bullying i take my megaphone and scare them of :)
there was a lock down until yesterday so its been very quite and that was nice but i missed them abit.. and now they're back- and there all with masks on!!
lol ok- so we had this fun stupid game when really litle- candle in a bottle- you tie a thin candle to a long thread and the other end around your wast so it dangles backwards between your legs and looks like its coming out of you arse, and an open beer bottle on the floor- so u have to crouch down pooing style and slowly insert it into the bottle - but its fucking difficult! and every slight move just messes it all up - and its time based to you are stressed above all!
basically looking like a monkey trying to find his arse hole ..
good times x

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I miss Sardines. It's like reverse hide and seek. One person hides, everyone splits up and looks for them. When you find the hider you have to squish into the hiding place with them till the last person finds everyone. So weird and stupid and funny

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy and TheGoodGuy
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
For me it would be Bulldog, Block and Riallyoh (no idea how to spell that game, I've never seen it mentioned anywhere)

Bulldog was basically a wall of people you had to get past, over and and over, if you got caught you'd join the the wall, until one was left and declared the winner.

Block was a refined hide and seek. One person would be the seeker, everyone else would hide. The object of the game was to get back to the place the seeker started - usually a lamppost or something and say Block 123 without being caught first.

Re-alle-o (I'll get it right eventually) was a refined version of Block. Instead of one seeker though, it'd be split into teams, one team hiding and the other looking for them. Like Block, the object was to get back to the seekers starting point before the seekers found you.

A few honourable mentions - Heads and volleys, Football based game, you could only score if the ball was off the ground. If you took a shot and missed then you'd take over in goal til someone did the same - if you missed 3 times, you'd have to run through a human tunnel taking punches and kicks on the way. Kerbie, two people stood either side of a road, you'd throw a ball at the kerb hoping to hit the kurb so it'd come back to you. 1 point if it did and rolled along the ground, 5 points if it came back in the air and you caught it, 10 points for catching one handed etc until you hit a specific score. You'd win outright for a double Kerbie, if it hit both kerbs without touching the floor first, a very rare skill that only a few could master :D

Edit - I forgot a good one, another Football based one. Wally, 1 person would start by kicking a football at a wall then everyone would take a turn kicking a ball at the wall, wherever it ended up you had take your shot from there, if you missed you were out. Last person left won. The real skill in that was kicking it so it'd end up where you knew someone would miss from. Not be confused with the other Wally, which was throwing money at a wall from behind a line. Closest to the wall got to shake the money and call heads or tails, whatever money landed on the side they called, they kept. I earned and lost a lot of 10 pences at school playing that.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheSoulless and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Edit - I forgot a good one, another Football based one. Wally, 1 person would start by kicking a football at a wall then everyone would take a turn kicking a ball at the wall, wherever it ended up you had take your shot from there, if you missed you were out. Last person left won. The real skill in that was kicking it so it'd end up where you knew someone would miss from. Not be confused with the other Wally, which was throwing money at a wall from behind a line. Closest to the wall got to shake the money and call heads or tails, whatever money landed on the side they called, they kept. I earned and lost a lot of 10 pences at school playing that.
I used to play that too it was very fun and could be very intense especially becaue we did it at my childhood school in the school yard so there were walls on both sides and if the ball hit the other wall because you missed it then you´d lose also if the ball would stand still because you weren´t fast enough to kick it.

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
I used to play that too it was very fun and could be very intense especially becaue we did it at my childhood school in the school yard so there were walls on both sides and if the ball hit the other wall because you missed it then you´d lose also if the ball would stand still because you weren´t fast enough to kick it.

Amazing to think back now (cos I missed out loads of other games) how long my mates and I could keep ourselves entertained with just a football, half the time it was a popped one :D

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Amazing to think back now (cos I missed out loads of other games) how long my mates and I could keep ourselves entertained with just a football, half the time it was a popped one :D
Yeah it´s incredible how long you can entertain yourself with something so simple even more so as a child playing with sticks, climbing trees, building forts etc.

Also I lived next to my childhood school so we had a huge box filled with balls the kids would kick over by accident or the more expensive ones we found at the schools football field that got left out after football practice so we never were out of balls haha.

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
Yeah it´s incredible how long you can entertain yourself with something so simple even more so as a child playing with sticks, climbing trees, building forts etc.

Also I lived next to my childhood school so we had a huge box filled with balls the kids would kick over by accident or the more expensive ones we found at the schools football field that got left out after football practice so we never were out of balls haha.
Wheras we never had a ball long at all. Ended up getting run over by cars, or stuck on roofs, or in ponds, or taken off us by some grumpy old bastard. I hung around in a gang of 40+ kids though, so we soon magically got one from somewhere. Even if it meant going Lord of the flies and confiscating one off a group of kids not willing to argue with a pack of feral ball-less yobs, cos even the girls in our mob were vicious.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Bulldog was basically a wall of people you had to get past, over and and over, if you got caught you'd join the the wall, until one was left and declared the winner.
This was a popular game at my school, but it was called "Who fears the black man?" – apparently, it's called something else now.

• Aww..
Reactions: Oyoy
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
Truth or dare, teather ball, Simon says and thumbs up 7 up were all good times. I'de even go for a round of duck duck goose;) I heard a Providence In Canada outlawed Dodge ball cus it was to violent for some of them;( we called red River the game were you called each other over. I love playground equipment all together. Bikes give me the warm and fuzzy feeling from being a kid too.