Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
I was feeling completely apathetic, hopeless, and empty. I was so fed up with life and being alive. When i went up to my room after my shower last night, i grabbed the rope that holds back the curtains, hung it around my neck, and then hung it around the doorknob. I sat down and let myself be limp for a few seconds, then tried to hang even more limply when i realized i could still breathe, and after trying for a few more seconds yanked the rope off my neck and lied down on the ground breathing fast. I stayed on the ground for a few minutes just thinking about what I'd done and, I realized that if it had been any easier/faster for me to stop breathing i probably would've died right then and there, for my family to find the next day. Attempting suicide is exhausting emotionally so i put the rope back and went straight to sleep. Woke up not feeling as apathetic as yesterday and realizing the gravity of what I've done, and how much easier it's going to be for me to attempt again. When the rope got tighter it felt really nice, and i could almost picture me blacking out and never waking up. Today's been a complete shitshow and i lowkey feel like attempting again, but I'll probably self harm instead. Can't really vent about attempting suicide to my friends lol so this place is all i got

Reactions: mackav31i, sif, Lifeisatrap and 20 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
It's always good to vent here, don't worry! I wish I could vent to my real life friends about my self harm and thoughts about suicide too, but this forum is all I've got and they will never know.

I have respect for what you did, even though you didn't get further than an attempt. It takes a lot of power to even take the steps you too - going as far as to put the rope around your neck and push down. Let's look at the positive side - you've got more experience now that'll come in useful next time!

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, Whatiwantiswhatiwas and 9 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I'm sorry you are feeling so bad :( I get what you mean about attempting being draining emotionally, but at the same time I feel a bit calmer every time I attempt as I get used to the feeling... I hope that if you do decide to end it that it will be from a calmer place. Hugs for you

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, Whatiwantiswhatiwas and 9 others
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
It's always good to vent here, don't worry! I wish I could vent to my real life friends about my self harm and thoughts about suicide too, but this forum is all I've got and they will never know.

I have respect for what you did, even though you didn't get further than an attempt. It takes a lot of power to even take the steps you too - going as far as to put the rope around your neck and push down. Let's look at the positive side - you've got more experience now that'll come in useful next time!
Thank you, it means a lot my dude
I'm sorry you are feeling so bad :( I get what you mean about attempting being draining emotionally, but at the same time I feel a bit calmer every time I attempt as I get used to the feeling... I hope that if you do decide to end it that it will be from a calmer place. Hugs for you
Thank you too, *hugs*

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, 21Neberg and 2 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
This forum is all I have too so I'm glad you can vent and get support here as well. I'm sorry you've been feeling that way but I'm glad you're feeling a bit less apathetic now. Hopefully your day will get better but if not we're always here for you. Sending hugs

Reactions: mackav31i, sif, Lifeisatrap and 9 others
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
This forum is all I have too so I'm glad you can vent and get support here as well. I'm sorry you've been feeling that way but I'm glad you're feeling a bit less apathetic now. Hopefully your day will get better but if not we're always here for you. Sending hugs
*hugs* thank you so much, i'm so glad i'm able to talk to people on this forum who get it and don't judge me

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, Mylifeispointless and 2 others
C

couragetodie

Student
Jan 2, 2019
I think this forum is one of the only places in the world where we can talk about this subject.

Reactions: mackav31i, Lifeisatrap, Mylifeispointless and 2 others
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I am also extremely grateful for this site. Ive been seriously considering ctb since my brother's death in October and reading all the resources I can to try and plan out a successful attempt. I don't wanna have to try again.....so I'm thankful that I have all of you. No one else knows I'm having these thoughts and feelings but you guys on here. I can't twll them or they'll try and stop me and I don't want that. So thanks to all of you that have talked to me, liked my posts and posted information for me to read. I think my death should be my choice, so I'm taking things into my own hands. Hopefully I'll be gone soon. I just can't stand all the physical and emotional pain anymore....

Last edited:
Reactions: mackav31i, Lifeisatrap, Whatiwantiswhatiwas and 6 others
LongSeason

LongSeason

Dec 14, 2018
I was feeling completely apathetic, hopeless, and empty. I was so fed up with life and being alive. When i went up to my room after my shower last night, i grabbed the rope that holds back the curtains, hung it around my neck, and then hung it around the doorknob. I sat down and let myself be limp for a few seconds, then tried to hang even more limply when i realized i could still breathe, and after trying for a few more seconds yanked the rope off my neck and lied down on the ground breathing fast. I stayed on the ground for a few minutes just thinking about what I'd done and, I realized that if it had been any easier/faster for me to stop breathing i probably would've died right then and there, for my family to find the next day. Attempting suicide is exhausting emotionally so i put the rope back and went straight to sleep. Woke up not feeling as apathetic as yesterday and realizing the gravity of what I've done, and how much easier it's going to be for me to attempt again. When the rope got tighter it felt really nice, and i could almost picture me blacking out and never waking up. Today's been a complete shitshow and i lowkey feel like attempting again, but I'll probably self harm instead. Can't really vent about attempting suicide to my friends lol so this place is all i got
First of all, nice picture.
Pretty much, the same thing happened to me this summer: I set up everything for full suspension but then I pussied out after i had tightened the knot around my neck.
I wish I had killed myself then, even though I have met new people and found out about some great music I would have not known then.
Reality is what it is and I was too much of a coward to ultimately do it so here I am.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Whatiwantiswhatiwas, Suicide47 and 3 others
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018

I don't have any friends :(
Nobody wants to talk to me. Not even here. :(((((

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Suicide47, Kassender and 1 other person
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Throwaway, you and anyone else can always bend my ear. I'm not the judging or preachy type.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
First of all, nice picture.
Pretty much, the same thing happened to me this summer: I set up everything for full suspension but then I pussied out after i had tightened the knot around my neck.
I wish I had killed myself then, even though I have met new people and found out about some great music I would have not known then.
Reality is what it is and I was too much of a coward to ultimately do it so here I am.
i feel you on the music thing, i obsessively look for new music and i found a bunch of unreleased stuff by an artist i really like and i feel like that lowkey played into why i chickened out lol

LongSeason

LongSeason

Dec 14, 2018
i feel you on the music thing, i obsessively look for new music and i found a bunch of unreleased stuff by an artist i really like and i feel like that lowkey played into why i chickened out lol
Part of the reasons I am still here is because this year a couple albums of some of my favourite artists come out.
Also I don't want to miss out on Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 after waiting all this time!

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Lil_Intro_Vert
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
Part of the reasons I am still here is because this year a couple albums of some of my favourite artists come out.
Also I don't want to miss out on Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 after waiting all this time!
You think the Rebuild stuff is worth watching? I've seen the original series but i'm usually not too fond of remakes lol

RedBuns

RedBuns

Dec 18, 2018
May I ask, what kind of rope did you use and what type of knot did you tie?

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Attempting suicide is exhausting emotionally
The most shocking thing I experienced after my failures was how emotionally wrung-out I felt. I tried three times, three weekends in a row, with eb/N2, and after the last of those three I could barely leave the house for two weeks. I've never felt so weary.

You have my complete sympathy.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, mattwitt and ReadyasEver
LongSeason

LongSeason

Dec 14, 2018
You think the Rebuild stuff is worth watching? I've seen the original series but i'm usually not too fond of remakes lol
The original series + EoE is a thousand times better but the rebuilds are still pretty good imo