Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I have three weeks till I am homeless. I thought it was going to be today, but my ex girlfriend is allowing me to stay until my family comes to visit (mom and sister). Then I will be without a place to live. I have two daughters. I am no good for them in this mental state. Should I psych ward or try to jump?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ampsvx123, Stormy Raine, Passersby and 2 others
jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
I will be homeless soon. I've been psych ward did nothing it was just distressing. You can try the ward I know its saved many people . I can't be saved maybe try it rather than jumping and then end up being worse off with life changing injuries.

Reactions: LonelyKitten and Inthewind
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
I have three weeks till I am homeless. I thought it was going to be today, but my ex girlfriend is allowing me to stay until my family comes to visit (mom and sister). Then I will be without a place to live. I have two daughters. I am no good for them in this mental state. Should I psych ward or try to jump?
How old are your daughters?

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I'm sorry to hear :( Considering you have children, you may want to ward if you haven't been forcefully yet! >_< They'd certainly miss you if you ctb'd (which is a situation untrue for many others here) regardless of how much love and support you can give them rn~

Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023
You may not be there mentally or available to them, but you can still try give flowers or gifts, just so they know your thinking of them, so no matter what they wont have a question that you were trying to be there for them. As for homelessness, hm well facebook and darn forgot the website name but it almost like ebay buuut sketchier, there may be a chance to finf roomate on there, loans and stuff (idk how works entirely but you get what I trynna say I hope) are poooop buuut yknow if you cant afford at leastt you can attempt to find temp housing by using those, or pay half upfront or just communicate things to the roomate hoping theyll understand, otherwise keep looking for roomate online, till you find someone who understands

Reactions: bluebus
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
You may not be there mentally or available to them, but you can still try give flowers or gifts, just so they know your thinking of them, so no matter what they wont have a question that you were trying to be there for them. As for homelessness, hm well facebook and darn forgot the website name but it almost like ebay buuut sketchier, there may be a chance to finf roomate on there, loans and stuff (idk how works entirely but you get what I trynna say I hope) are poooop buuut yknow if you cant afford at leastt you can attempt to find temp housing by using those, or pay half upfront or just communicate things to the roomate hoping theyll understand, otherwise keep looking for roomate online, till you find someone who understands
Perfectly said. And I think the website you're looking for is Craigslist lol.

• Love
Reactions: Inthewind and LonelyKitten
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
I've got a daughter too and it pains me and breaks my heart thinking about her without a dad or a mentally ill dad. I've been in psych wards and personally hate them. But everyone is different and you might benefit so I'd suggest give it a go for you and the sake of your daughters. No harm in trying. Option still available to ctb when you leave psych ward. I wish you luck and pray you get well for you and your precious daughters.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I will be homeless soon. I've been psych ward did nothing it was just distressing. You can try the ward I know its saved many people . I can't be saved maybe try it rather than jumping and then end up being worse off with life changing injuries.
16 floors to asphalt. I've been there that's pretty high.
How old are your daughters?
13 and 10
I've got a daughter too and it pains me and breaks my heart thinking about her without a dad or a mentally ill dad. I've been in psych wards and personally hate them. But everyone is different and you might benefit so I'd suggest give it a go for you and the sake of your daughters. No harm in trying. Option still available to ctb when you leave psych ward. I wish you luck and pray you get well for you and your precious daughters.
Thank you for your input. I am just so tired. I need to sleep but can't. I know if I psych ward that is a whole bag of shit. I've been in one before and said never again. I have daughters that pains me to think how this would effect them, but I won't know about it. Fuuuuuuuck. I am so torn.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: hopeisdead and GreenTree
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
My kids are similar ages to yours and I'm also struggling with the same suicidal thoughts. When I had my boys, my life was a million times different. Things happened that were out of my control and now I'm on the brink of killing myself. I'm trying everything I can to see if I can find help - anywhere - anything. I also have access to 'the gold standard' method, which makes any decision harder for me.

At the moment, despite my shit mental health, I think my kids are better off with me being here. One day, possibly soon, I'll change my mind and put myself first….. but I want to die knowing I've tried everything….. I don't think I could go peacefully if I hadn't.

As another poster said, not many on the forum are in this position. There's not an easy solution, but the fact you're asking, may mean you're still searching. Ultimately it's going to take guts to live or die, but if you can manage it, don't be impulsive and see if you can wait until they're at least a bit older and have more coping strategies. I feel your pain.

Reactions: GreenTree
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
You may think you're no good to your daughters but I'm sure they rather have you here in any condition then never seeing you again! The great thing about kids is they are so forgiving and look past what we see as failures! Girls will almost always see their fathers as hero's and no matter how long you're gone they will almost always welcome you back. If there is a chance to make this right I highly suggest the psych ward, you never will know if you don't try. Best wishes to you 🥰

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
My kids are similar ages to yours and I'm also struggling with the same suicidal thoughts. When I had my boys, my life was a million times different. Things happened that were out of my control and now I'm on the brink of killing myself. I'm trying everything I can to see if I can find help - anywhere - anything. I also have access to 'the gold standard' method, which makes any decision harder for me.

At the moment, despite my shit mental health, I think my kids are better off with me being here. One day, possibly soon, I'll change my mind and put myself first….. but I want to die knowing I've tried everything….. I don't think I could go peacefully if I hadn't.

As another poster said, not many on the forum are in this position. There's not an easy solution, but the fact you're asking, may mean you're still searching. Ultimately it's going to take guts to live or die, but if you can manage it, don't be impulsive and see if you can wait until they're at least a bit older and have more coping strategies. I feel your pain.
Thank you so much and I am sorry for the pain you are experiencing. I have some slim options to press on but I don't think I can press on without help. If I seek help, which needs to be immediately (psych ward) I will lose my job and then that's a whole new problem. I will be homeless and back in the same boat of no option but CTB. Thanks again.
You may think you're no good to your daughters but I'm sure they rather have you here in any condition then never seeing you again! The great thing about kids is they are so forgiving and look past what we see as failures! Girls will almost always see their fathers as hero's and no matter how long you're gone they will almost always welcome you back. If there is a chance to make this right I highly suggest the psych ward, you never will know if you don't try. Best wishes to you 🥰
Thank you. If I psych ward I will have no place to come back to. Right now I at least have a roof over my head with my kids. It is just to painful knowing this is just a temporary situation before I become homeless without them. I want to CTB right now. I don't know if I can wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesha
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Thank you so much and I am sorry for the pain you are experiencing. I have some slim options to press on but I don't think I can press on without help. If I seek help, which needs to be immediately (psych ward) I will lose my job and then that's a whole new problem. I will be homeless and back in the same boat of no option but CTB. Thanks again.
I do not want to push your decision either way, ultimately what you do is your choice. It sounds like there are options, maybe not fantastic ones, but you don't know the outcome of them for certain.

jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
16 floors to asphalt. I've been there that's pretty high.

13 and 10

Thank you for your input. I am just so tired. I need to sleep but can't. I know if I psych ward that is a whole bag of shit. I've been in one before and said never again. I have daughters that pains me to think how this would effect them, but I won't know about it. Fuuuuuuuck. I am so torn.
I am tired torn and dont know what to do myself. Walking on egg shells noone is able to help no medics care no pill is helping nothing.

Reactions: hopeisdead