almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
So I'm up way too late, doodling my mom a Mother's Day card and letter (it sounds crappy and super procrastinated but hey, she likes them much better than store bought cards) and I have the tv playing "Cheaters" in the background just to fill the night silence. I never watch this show, it just came on and I didn't bother to change it, but as the hour waned I was honestly just awestruck by how selfish and cold these cheating ass people were. Like they get confronted and show no emotion, no remorse. They don't apologize or even bother to make an excuse. They don't give a single fuck aside from being irritated that they're being filmed. They say sociopathic garbage like, "the relationship ran its course," "it is what it is." I was just floored thinking wow, and just a few hours before this showdown these people were still pretending to love and care about their partners. Crazy to me that folks don't even have the decency to end things when it's over for them. How is it easier to pretend to love someone, live with them, hide your life from them?? I imagine a lot of these people are financially motivated to keep their original relationship going because they live together, rent is cheaper, maybe the partner is the main one on the lease, or they personally have bad credit or something. Can't think of any other rational reason. Thoughts? Experiences? Have you been the cheater or the one cheated on, or even both?

• Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll, LastLoveLetter, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Been cheated on, got my revenge, now we're both dead

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Been cheated on, got my revenge, now we're both dead
I feel like I read your story posted somewhere else... if it's the harrowing and brutal one I'm thinking of, damn dude I don't know how you've made it to this day. Did revenge make you feel any different?

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I feel like I read your story posted somewhere else... if it's the harrowing and brutal one I'm thinking of, damn dude I don't know how you've made it to this day. Did revenge make you feel any different?
Well, he killed himself, so it certainly made me feel different. Nothing felt real for a very long time

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've been in both sides. It's just part of life, generally.

S

SamsaSoup

Oct 22, 2020
Ugly business for sure. Even when only done in thoughts can make you feel guilty.

Reactions: almaranthine
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: Boochky and WornOutLife
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
My father, who I love dearly, was a serial cheater and lived a playboy lifestyle. It put me off doing that myself - I suppose that was my way of 'rebelling' :pfff:

I suspect I've been cheated on, but never discovered anything. I consider myself an analytical person, but I'm also quite gullible

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
From my experience; cheaters tend to believe that "withholding the truth" and "telling a lie" are two different things :I
the bullshit people make themselves believe to justify their behavior is incredible!
Well, he killed himself, so it certainly made me feel different. Nothing felt real for a very long time
He jumped off a balcony if I remember correctly? And yeah, that's a ptsd thing for sure, following extreme trauma, life feels like some video game simulation, it doesn't even seem believable, and it's surreal in a bad way.
I've been in both sides. It's just part of life, generally.
I imagine a lot of people think the same-it's so normalized in our culture. It's kind of sad though. I understand most people aren't inclined to be monogamous or committed anymore, but there are plenty of people out there who are fine with casual relationships, why commit and then cheat? The one time I cheated on a boyfriend, I admit it was part revenge, part my declining mental state. I wasn't right at the time, and experienced a lot of mania, but I was with the dude for almost two years and he never once said he loved me. When my uncle I lived with assaulted me, I fled the house and drove to the boyfriend's just devastated and in shock. His reaction was pretty much "oh well, that's too bad, you want to finish rolling that joint? you'll feel better after you smoke." There were more incidents that lead to me hating him, and it got to the point where I just wanted to inflict pain. I didn't really understand what I was doing and why until some time after. The guy I cheated on him with really fucked up my life though so I guess I paid my karma.
My father, who I love dearly, was a serial cheater and lived a playboy lifestyle. It put me off doing that myself - I suppose that was my way of 'rebelling' :pfff:

I suspect I've been cheated on, but never discovered anything. I consider myself an analytical person, but I'm also quite gullible
When you care about someone and want them in your life, it's easy to overlook the warning signs. Also, it's easier for people to take advantage when they know you're invested, if that makes sense. I wouldn't think you're gullible necessarily for wanting to believe the glass is half full.

Last edited:
Reactions: NumbItAll
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Never seen that show, but it speaks volumes about this fiscally driven world that that people can't be honest in fear of becoming homeless or losing their money, and so that compels them to hide their desires from the people they supposedly love.

If people could tell their partners honestly how they felt if they ended up harboring affections for someone else, or could ask for permission to experiment/have a one night stand to satiate whatever curiosity they have, I do not think we would have so much cheating and dishonesty in dating culture.

I suppose it depends how comfortable one is with the idea of non-monogamy. My personal experience with handling feelings for two people at once has not been pleasant.

My bf has always been a bit of a sexual deviant and showed interest in that sort of thing. Whenever I started feeling a sort of way towards my best online friend and found him cute, I told my partner immediately, because I thought that was the right thing to do.

My boyfriend was furious. Keep in mind I had not met this person in the real world, had no intentions to either at that point, and had not acted on any of these impulses besides telling the truth to both parties when my friend confessed that he was into me.

My boyfriend went around and told all his friends online that I cheated on him and started insulting me and insinuating that I was only a plaything to be used for sex and no one REALLY liked me.

My bf essentially forbade me from talking to my best friend anymore, all the while some girl at his work was flirting with him. I saw a message on my boyfriend's phone where he told one of his friends, "I'm in bed with my gf but can't stop thinking about work girl." He told me he loved the attention he got from women at his job.

I know that there's other girls online who have teased him and said lewd/sexual things but honestly I don't care about that. I know my bf has some needs that I can't entirely fulfill because I'm not into everything he is. Even though I'm insecure I'd rather he have the freedom to explore and experiment.

As time has gone on, my bf has become more emotionally and verbally degrading towards me. I love him to bits, but the way he speaks to me sometimes is vile. He hates that I'm suicidal and gets annoyed everytime I bring it up. For months and months I longed for my best friend's presence, because he understands my plight. I would always talk to him about my problems and he always knew exactly how to listen and what to say.

Eventually one day, he reached out to me and we apologised to each other for what had happened. Again, I held back my true feelings so that there was not the potential of hurting another person. Yet, I ended up confining in him about the verbal abuse I've been taking from my bf, how inadequate I feel, how I wish I could do better for those I care about, and we started being close friends again. I feel truly ashamed to love two people at once. I feel disgusting for it.

I have tried to hold back my true thoughts and emotions, but my friend ended up coming to me and telling me he couldn't get over me. Because of our circumstances, we could never be together. I am disabled and rely on my bf completely as I have no family. He holds that fact over my head and threatens to kick me out whenever he gets real pissed at me. I am unable to work or claim benefits, and I've been forced to attend university and whittle away at my money to try and appease my bf's desires of making me functional.

Basically, I am trapped. My best friend is still in uni and the government physically will not approve a partnership between us due to his lack of income. I cried when my friend told me he loved me. Because I feel so guilty and horrified to reciprocate it while I am with my boyfriend. I feel like a monster. Before I kill myself, I really want to meet my best friend in person and show him that I care about him, however, I know my boyfriend would never allow this. He is insanely jealous and told me that my best friend is a doomer, edgy loser (he's suicidal too) and how all my friend wants to do is use me up and prey on me.

So I could never tell my boyfriend how I feel. He would throw me out on the street and tell me that I'm an evil cunt for the umpteenth time. When I told him the truth that my best friend reached out to me again he was furious with me. It further solidifies the need for me to fucking kill myself immediately. I am not good enough for my bf and I cannot give him what he wants. At the same time I am horrible for wanting more myself.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Boochky, demuic, UseItOrLoseIt and 3 others
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
My boyfriend went around and told all his friends online that I cheated on him and started insulting me and insinuating that I was only a plaything to be used for sex and no one REALLY liked me...

So I could never tell my boyfriend how I feel. He would throw me out on the street and tell me that I'm an evil cunt for the umpteenth time. ...I am not good enough for my bf and I cannot give him what he wants. At the same time I am horrible for wanting more myself.
Sorry but from where I'm standing, after reading that, your bf is not good enough for you and you don't deserve to be treated like that

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky, demuic, LastLoveLetter and 3 others
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Never seen that show, but it speaks volumes about this fiscally driven world that that people can't be honest in fear of becoming homeless or losing their money, and so that compels them to hide their desires from the people they supposedly love.

If people could tell their partners honestly how they felt if they ended up harboring affections for someone else, or could ask for permission to experiment/have a one night stand to satiate whatever curiosity they have, I do not think we would have so much cheating and dishonesty in dating culture.

I suppose it depends how comfortable one is with the idea of non-monogamy. My personal experience with handling feelings for two people at once has not been pleasant.

My bf has always been a bit of a sexual deviant and showed interest in that sort of thing. Whenever I started feeling a sort of way towards my best online friend and found him cute, I told my partner immediately, because I thought that was the right thing to do.

My boyfriend was furious. Keep in mind I had not met this person in the real world, had no intentions to either at that point, and had not acted on any of these impulses besides telling the truth to both parties when my friend confessed that he was into me.

My boyfriend went around and told all his friends online that I cheated on him and started insulting me and insinuating that I was only a plaything to be used for sex and no one REALLY liked me.

My bf essentially forbade me from talking to my best friend anymore, all the while some girl at his work was flirting with him. I saw a message on my boyfriend's phone where he told one of his friends, "I'm in bed with my gf but can't stop thinking about work girl." He told me he loved the attention he got from women at his job.

I know that there's other girls online who have teased him and said lewd/sexual things but honestly I don't care about that. I know my bf has some needs that I can't entirely fulfill because I'm not into everything he is. Even though I'm insecure I'd rather he have the freedom to explore and experiment.

As time has gone on, my bf has become more emotionally and verbally degrading towards me. I love him to bits, but the way he speaks to me sometimes is vile. He hates that I'm suicidal and gets annoyed everytime I bring it up. For months and months I longed for my best friend's presence, because he understands my plight. I would always talk to him about my problems and he always knew exactly how to listen and what to say.

Eventually one day, he reached out to me and we apologised to each other for what had happened. Again, I held back my true feelings so that there was not the potential of hurting another person. Yet, I ended up confining in him about the verbal abuse I've been taking from my bf, how inadequate I feel, how I wish I could do better for those I care about, and we started being close friends again. I feel truly ashamed to love two people at once. I feel disgusting for it.

I have tried to hold back my true thoughts and emotions, but my friend ended up coming to me and telling me he couldn't get over me. Because of our circumstances, we could never be together. I am disabled and rely on my bf completely as I have no family. He holds that fact over my head and threatens to kick me out whenever he gets real pissed at me. I am unable to work or claim benefits, and I've been forced to attend university and whittle away at my money to try and appease my bf's desires of making me functional.

Basically, I am trapped. My best friend is still in uni and the government physically will not approve a partnership between us due to his lack of income. I cried when my friend told me he loved me. Because I feel so guilty and horrified to reciprocate it while I am with my boyfriend. I feel like a monster. Before I kill myself, I really want to meet my best friend in person and show him that I care about him, however, I know my boyfriend would never allow this. He is insanely jealous and told me that my best friend is a doomer, edgy loser (he's suicidal too) and how all my friend wants to do is use me up and prey on me.

So I could never tell my boyfriend how I feel. He would throw me out on the street and tell me that I'm an evil cunt for the umpteenth time. When I told him the truth that my best friend reached out to me again he was furious with me. It further solidifies the need for me to fucking kill myself immediately. I am not good enough for my bf and I cannot give him what he wants. At the same time I am horrible for wanting more myself.
Oh @KuriGohan&Kamehameha I am so sorry and appalled at your boyfriend's blatant abuse and flagrant disregard for your well-being. It is the height of hypocrisy that he is entitled to frequently flirt with other women to satiate his sexual needs, yet when you understandably harbour strong feelings for someone who treats you with the respect you deserve, all hell breaks loose, as though your emotional needs carry less importance than his sexual interests. Reading this truly broke my heart - you deserve so much better in life and in love.

It is clear from your posts that you are such a beautiful, kind and intelligent individual with a rare insight into life, death and the world we live in. I suspect that your partner perhaps feels threatened by this, as he evidently does not possess the qualities that you have. He should be embracing and empowering you, not degrading and dragging you down.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: demuic and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Generally speaking most people who want to do the cheating don't want to be cheated on themselves so I'm sure that says something though I don't know exactly what. I've known too many people who cheated on their partners and came up with all sorts of justifications for it but in the end I only saw them as excuses.

If I got cheated on I'd be one of those cliche dudes where I try to kill myself and the person I got cheated on for at the same time.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I have a deep seated hatred against cheats, it's a petty drama of the human race
I just don't understand why people settle for people who don't even use protection when 'playing away' risking their partners health... They forgive them. Which I feel nobody deserves any sympathy when they complain that's what someone should have told me when I was pathetic to keep letting my ex back in after giving my personal story to other men and her being weak minded enough loving the drama when they would make up stories to make themselves seem cool or powerful even when I didn't know them.
Men and women eat up bullshit it's their favourite meal.
My life advice has always been to lonely men to find some working girls who you know their service is consistent and won't let you down.
Relationships are asking to be impaled for emotionally damaged people like most here.

F

freedbird

Mar 2, 2021
I found out a few days ago that my boyfriend of 5 yrs has been dating someone for the past 2.5 yrs. Confronted him and he admitted to everything. Not sure where to go from here

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ame, NumbItAll and KuriGohan&Kamehameha