• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
It's not like me to do this. I think I've only created four threads in my time of being here. I can't think straight or focus right now. I need to make a walmart run this week and I'm curious if anyone knows of which cable/cord/rope would be the cheapest material and still get the job done. It would be partial, running from a door knob and over the door. I'm not one to usually request a spoon feeding, but everything is just blurring together while I search and I can't take it anymore. I need to at least have a method ready to go. I'm sorry for making a thread that only asks a stupid question and doesn't add anything of substance to the site. I just really need help, I'm slipping hard.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hennessy, HelloHell and Spyware
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Hi, i'm not familiar with the products they sell in walmart, so idk if i can be much help, but
a static (doesn't stretch) nylon rope which is relatively thick (>7mm) should work just fine
usually they'll state the maximum load it can hold on the packaging, so you can check whether they can hold more than your bodyweight
I got mine for approx US$15 (static, 7mm, can hold 1200kg), hopefully you can something similar or even better there!

Reactions: Garbage Person
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
@HelloHell Thank you! Yeah, unfortunately like many other small American towns, I'm pretty much limited to that department store. Don't feel like dealing with online orders anywhere. They should carry nylon rope, I'll check it out when I go in. I had considered a neck tie and extension cord, but that might exceed the cost of what you listed. I appreciate the response. No doubt, this info is probably available here somewhere, I'm just useless right now. I know I've gone through most of the hanging megathread but I don't recall cost of supplies ever being discussed. I'm incredibly poor, so this is an important factor for me. Thanks again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy and HelloHell
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
No problem! If there is a sports store around your place, that's also a good place to check! I got mine from there