N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020

Currently there are many newspaper articles about that. At least in Germany. I think the US often reports earlier about things like that.

This AI allegedly can write homework for students, college work, newspaper articles etc. But to a different degree successfully. Especially on poems the technology seems to suck.

The article that I read explained how trendy chatGPT currently is. I heard of it today for the first time.

I often like to listen to newspaper articles. Often in a fast pace. But my concentration is not good enough for intricate English articles. My friends said the following idea is rather mediocre. But I let a translator AI translate the articles into German. The results are mediocre. I mean they translated the country Turkey as the animal. Despite the fact it was explicitly called a country.

So I am not buying this hype bullshit by the media that colleges homework are not safe anymore. Maybe an AI wrote it.
I used some AI for college purpose and they work rather in a mediocre way. I used it for a bibliography. The AI was helpful but far far away from perfect.
There was always the dream the machines and AI could replace monotonic work/chores for humans.

As for now the technology is very useful but often cannot work without a human monitoring it. I wished AI could replace humans in the work force and we could all get a universal basic income. This dreamworld would relieve me from my daily huge anxiety about poverty. Sadly I don't really fully believe in that dream world. I cannot rely on that.

Have you heard of chatGPT? Any experiences with AI in general? Good or bad ones?

Last edited:
Reactions: katagiri83
TakesOneToKnowOne

TakesOneToKnowOne

Nov 23, 2022
Have in mind that ChatGPT is considered something like GPT3.5 (better than GPT3, but not GPT4 yet). Then imagine GPT-5, GPT-6, GPT-10...

What I have seen it can do with code is pretty mind-blowing considering it is still version 3.5. For example, among many other things, I have seen it de-obfuscate code, re-write it in a very good human readable form, then rewrite the whole thing in a completely different language. That would probably take days for a human to do and years of previous knowledge.

Apart from that it can write poems, play a text based game with you, it is a historian, culinary expert, it can be your math tutor or geography teacher.
I would imagine people using it as a mentor or helper at this stage and near future. With time, probably more and more work will be offloaded to it and/or some other AI.

Not sure if anyone can predict how exactly it will change the world in 10-20 years, but it can have a significant impact.

Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
Even at GPT-3, it's seriously impressive. I read an interesting take by Seth Godin on ChatGPT: "If your work isn't more useful or insightful or urgent than GPT can create in 12 seconds, don't interrupt people with it." I'm not sure what the implications or ethics are for AI moving forward, but it's an interesting time we're living in.