N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I use it daily I have not watched prompt videos though. I experimented myself with it. When I told my mom or friends stories about chatGPT they asked me to install it for them.

ChatGPT is certainly not perfect. Sometimes it makes mistakes and is very wrong on factual statements. One has to use one's brain when one works with it. Especially if it is important to be right I am doing fact checks. Sometimes you have the change the question with different nuances and repeat yourself despite the fact it can be annoying.

Recently I had two college exercises in different subjects I won't specify them because I am scared to get identified. Both involved some form of creativity but not solely that. It was not extremely important to be 100% right. The research for both questions took me like 30 seconds and in both cases I had by far the best answers in comparison to my peers. The lecturers were impressed by the results. Do I feel like a fraud because of it? Maybe.

Though it saved me a lot of work. And sometimes it is important to deliver in front of the lecturers. It is so funny all my peer struggled to find proper answers and I steamrolled everyone with barely any work by myself. Lmao.

I use chatGPT for ideas, certain exercises, structures, research, input and feedback. I would never ever let chatGPT write the whole college project by itself. This is way too risky. Especially if you receive a grade for it. Hallucinations are way too common. Recently it gave very very weird sources when I asked questions about a certain topic. It quoted a biography of a person that had the same name as the author I asked for but the person works in a completely different field. So I will never trust it fully.

There are certain tasks where chatGPT is amazing. But on others one should not ask it or be very careful. Especially on writing I prefer my own writing style. I want to improve my skills I don't want to become lazy and let my skills deteriorate. I ask from time to time chatGPT for some threads though.

I once read in a newspaper: The bad students will become even worse with chatGPT. They just copy stuff, try to cheat without thinking by themselves, one day it comes out and they will be in trouble, moreover their skills are next to zero. Students with good grades instead learn under which circumstances chatGPT is useful, profit by its skills, get valuable feedback and input, improve their work even more. I think this is true.

There are some grey areas where I am not sure whether it is smart to use it. I use it to write summaries because I don't have the time to read all the literature. For research I am ambivalent. I assume it is good in order to get an overview but not much more (???). As I said I am doing fact checks but maybe I should do that more often. I think in the point of accuracy chatGPT 4.0 improved a lot in contrast to the old model. Though the older version sometimes gave more risky, maybe funnier, more provoking and more creative answers. There are speculations why. I read maybe because of name reputation, pressure of artists and possible copy right infringements and politics. To decrease the risk for damaging behavior etc.

I am far from being an expert. But as I noticed I have more knowledge than some other people despite the fact I almost only inform myself in the media about it. They simplify things way too much but it was useful stuff which I read. I am still a noob on IT, AI and computers.

Feel free to tell us about your experiences and feel free to lecture me if is necessary. Lol.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tiger b
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
idk it seems pretty dumb when it comes to math related questions lol (I major in STEM). 8 out of 10 calculations you ask it to perform would turn out wrong. It's useful if you want to find general ideas or hints when tackling a question tho. idk maybe it's because I'm not paying for GPT 4.0 model lol.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
idk it seems pretty dumb when it comes to math related questions lol (I major in STEM). 8 out of 10 calculations you ask it to perform would turn out wrong. It's useful if you want to find general ideas or hints when tackling a question tho. idk maybe it's because I'm not paying for GPT 4.0 model lol.
The one subject it's bad at is math. I use it to write all my CS assignments and it gets them right.