• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

PainAndSadness

Student
Sep 21, 2022
I've read many times here that the charcoal method in a tightly sealed car will successfully cause you to ctb but that it can get too hot sometimes.

I was wondering would it not be more efficient to turn on the car and keep the AC on while the charcoal is in the car? Would that not create higher CO ppm levels since the car AC reuses the same air? As I've read some people have ctb from CO simply by turning the engine and ac on in their car in a garage so if I were to do the charcoal method + turn the car on and the AC in a small garage, would that increase my chances to ctb or somehow clash and create an adverse effect?

Reactions: Euthanza
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
.........................I've read some people have ctb from CO simply by turning the engine and ac on in their car in a garage
Well, they're not doing that with newer cars because of all the pollution controls. Use the charcoal method in the winter, if that is an option, and heat is a concern. Seal the car well. More charcoal = more CO. More is better with CO.

P

PainAndSadness

Student
Sep 21, 2022
Well, they're not doing that with newer cars because of all the pollution controls. Use the charcoal method in the winter, if that is an option, and heat is a concern. Seal the car well. More charcoal = more CO. More is better with CO.
Yes but if I do turn the car engine on and use the AC while doing this with the car sealed and the charcoal etc. would it be bad and cause not to ctb somehow or wouldn't it create more CO and increase the chances to ctb?

F

Flying Away

A listening ear is better than suffering in silenc
Nov 20, 2021
Yes but if I do turn the car engine on and use the AC while doing this with the car sealed and the charcoal etc. would it be bad and cause not to ctb somehow or wouldn't it create more CO and increase the chances to ctb?
This won't work in newer cars with catalytic convertors. Plus ac will purify the air

P

PainAndSadness

Student
Sep 21, 2022
This won't work in newer cars with catalytic convertors. Plus ac will purify the air
How? Since AC uses the same air to output so it will be using the same CO, or am I wrong…
This person passed away fairly recently by keeping their car on in a garage with the AC on due to CO poisoning

KQuotientW

KQuotientW

404: Reason to live not found
Jul 17, 2022
Catalytic converters reduce emissions. I used to have a second-hand, 1985 Toyota Corolla. This tech goes back into the 70s on some cars. It's possible but will take longer to raise enough CO (Carbon monoxide). It's more difficult in modern cars.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
One key risk is that someone will hear your car running inside a closed garage and call the police. If there are no houses nearly, like a farm in the country, maybe this would be ok.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Your car's AC might allow fresh air to enter, mine has a filter and a setting to do this.
Your charcoal will need oxygen to burn well. Love and peace to all.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Your car's AC might allow fresh air to enter, mine has a filter and a setting to do this.
Your charcoal will need oxygen to burn well. Love and peace to all.
The whole idea of the charcoal method is to get rid of as much oxygen as possible- that's the only way it works. Bringing in more oxygen will defeat the method.

Reactions: Euthanza and makethepainstop
C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
i've read on reddit that CO gas can be legally bought in the U.S.? the post was 3 years ago.
is it the same now?