• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
I am new here, so I apologize in advance if this has been covered elsewhere.

I am basically averse to pain. Ideally, it is just life drifting off to a forever sleep and shedding one's mortal coil. N seems to be ideal, except it is hard to get and may take time. (What is the latest info here?))

I got to this website by my research on charcoal burning, which seems to be gaining vastly in popularity in Asia. It seems less popular in America, but likely only because it is less well known. It seems to be a fairly new method, and the first discussed death appears to be in the 1990's in Hong Kong or somewhere. People who have tried it and failed often go on to try again by the same method, which tells you something--like if a restaurant has lots of repeat diners.

To me, this seems like one of the better ways to go and so I am trying to explore the downside. The obvious competitors would be inert gas which leads to a similar state of relatively painless hypoxia. The advantage of charcoal burning is you don't have to do as much setup. You don't have to put a mask over your face (SI). You just go to sleep like you normally would.

I live alone in a house. I have a small sun room. Not sure how large, but I'm eyeballing it and might 10 feet x 40 feet x 10 feet, so about 4000 cubic feet. It's got a lot of windows, so that's a negative. But it also has a wood burning fireplace. Why not start a fire (would be less obvious in the winter) with regular wood logs, add in the charcoal and let it all come to a nice flame. Hell, I could even cook a nice last meal there. I could open the windows and let it all air out. Then, eventually, the flames would die down, the coals would turn white. At that point, I would shut the windows and take a nap. Before that, I have a few bottles of nice wine left so I would have a final meal of bread, cheese and wine.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kiri1988, ProhibereDolor and Soul
P

petevale

May 2, 2019
I am new here, so I apologize in advance if this has been covered elsewhere.

I am basically averse to pain. Ideally, it is just life drifting off to a forever sleep and shedding one's mortal coil. N seems to be ideal, except it is hard to get and may take time. (What is the latest info here?))

I got to this website by my research on charcoal burning, which seems to be gaining vastly in popularity in Asia. It seems less popular in America, but likely only because it is less well known. It seems to be a fairly new method, and the first discussed death appears to be in the 1990's in Hong Kong or somewhere. People who have tried it and failed often go on to try again by the same method, which tells you something--like if a restaurant has lots of repeat diners.

To me, this seems like one of the better ways to go and so I am trying to explore the downside. The obvious competitors would be inert gas which leads to a similar state of relatively painless hypoxia. The advantage of charcoal burning is you don't have to do as much setup. You don't have to put a mask over your face (SI). You just go to sleep like you normally would.

I live alone in a house. I have a small sun room. Not sure how large, but I'm eyeballing it and might 10 feet x 40 feet x 10 feet, so about 4000 cubic feet. It's got a lot of windows, so that's a negative. But it also has a wood burning fireplace. Why not start a fire (would be less obvious in the winter) with regular wood logs, add in the charcoal and let it all come to a nice flame. Hell, I could even cook a nice last meal there. I could open the windows and let it all air out. Then, eventually, the flames would die down, the coals would turn white. At that point, I would shut the windows and take a nap. Before that, I have a few bottles of nice wine left so I would have a final meal of bread, cheese and wine.
where are you based?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
It sounds downright charming the way you describe it. I'm sorry about whatever has led you to consider doing this, but the method appeals to me in a lot of ways too.

The room you're describing sounds quite large; most of the descriptions I've read discuss small bathrooms. Do you know how much charcoal you'd use?

I think letting the air out is not actually what happens when we open windows. I think I'd do some serious sealing of gaps before trying this, and of course the flue would need to be closed at some point.

ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
Will do some research and get back to you.

A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
Yes, the flue... need to remember that.

Sitokirment

Sitokirment

Jun 6, 2019
I knew you were going to say USA when you described a small room as being 40 foot by 10 , that about as big as my full down stairs of 4 rooms lol

Studio apartment, maybe?

Reactions: marcusuk63
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Studio apartment, maybe?
no a small terraced 3 bed house, houses are expensive in the UK (well everything is compared to the USA ! ) petrol is $8.84 a gallon , cigs are $13.25 a pack , this is a cheap part of the uk and a cheap part of my home town but house is worth $90,000