P

PainAndSadness

Student
Sep 21, 2022
I've read many places in this forum that people using the charcoal burning method in their car by sealing the windows/ ventilation etc. but I wondered what if you were to just do the charcoal method in the back of a small van? It has no walls and is tightly shut anyways, you could also use tape to make sure more but wouldn't that be more efficient/seal proof since it has no windows or anything ?

counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
As a mechanic I know that cars and vans are not air tight, as it would be the same with a car that is in deep water the water will fill up very quickly through the air vents and any holes or gaps in the body to keep fresh air coming in

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
madebrief

madebrief

Experienced
Jul 4, 2022
The key thing is to be absolutely certain. When opting for the CO method, you want to reduce all possible escape of CO or intake of fresh oxygen. While a van might be ideal, as with a car, some people have died without taking extra precautions when reading the news. Likewise, in a tent, some people have accidentally died that way without completely sealing the tent.
When it comes to making your own arrangements, it won't be as simple as that although we'd like it to be. To be certain of the methods not failing, you need to cover your backsides.

counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
I think a tent would be ideal but all zips and seams need sealing up with duck tape. Also the material used in tents is it breathable? If so then gonna be tricky. Suppose you could rent a bomb shelter like from the simpsons where Springfield get nuked and Homer is saved. They must be air tight

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
What about the back of a uhaul?

Reactions: boristafar and Sick of it all
L

lifeORdeath

Student
Oct 11, 2022
There used to be a link to an old archived forum where guys discussed the mini cargo van+grill and even had pictures.

P

PainAndSadness

Student
Sep 21, 2022
Off topic but does anyone know if lump wood charcoal is good to CTB or should I use pure charcoal?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
A tent would be best. A van, as well as a car, needs to be sealed. Since a van has a larger volume of space, most likely, as compared to a car, you probably need more charcoal, also. CO is nothing to play around with guessing at the right amount. Like just about anything else in life, you need to do your homework and study the pitfalls of this method. It needs to be done right and it's critical for your health that it be done right the first time. You really need to get CO levels above 10000 PPM if you want to lose consciousness quickly and die a hopefully peaceful death. Only generating low levels of CO will make you sick, give you a headache, and may not even kill you, even after a long time exposed. If you screw up and survive, you can seriously injure your motor functions to the point where you may create a new hell for yourself, far worse than before attempting your ctb. You may be so bad off that you won't be able to ever try and end your suffering again.

Off topic but does anyone know if lump wood charcoal is good to CTB or should I use pure charcoal?
Does it say 100% carbon on the bag?

Reactions: Escapee and Sad_Sack
doxyquill

doxyquill

SN arrived
Sep 25, 2022
I attempted CO ctb in my van and failed. I had a few disposable bbqs that where white coal before taking them into the van. Put some music on drank a couple bottles of my favourite wine and popped some benzos and a few sleeping tablets. I woke up in my own vomit greeted by the police and a trip to the ER. Phsyc ward after.

I however didn't seal the place up. The only way I think I survived was due to CO leaking out from the doors. I had 26% comhgb when I arrived in hospital, borderline severe poisoning. Im still kinda convinced I did die and this is my hell for attempting it.

I escaped brain damage as far as I'm aware, it has definitely made my depression worse though and I have lingering chronic fatigue.

ready to go....

ready to go....

exhausted
Feb 16, 2022
I am using this method on Wednesday using my car as I don't have access to a tent. I have a 8kg bag of Briquettes and a disposable bbq which I hope will be enough. I also have alcohol and sleeping pills. I have strong tape to tape the air vents, by the pedals and doors. Hoping for a successful ctb with this method.

Reactions: boristafar