Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Will we see voluntary euthanasia become available anywhere in the world in our lifetimes? And I mean for ALL, not just the terminally ill. That even the terminally ill are STILL struggling to obtain this right is appalling, and shows how woefully slow the progress is, and how cruelly stubborn the lawmakers apparently are.

What can we do to increase the chances of this happening, or to hasten the change? Do we need to protest? To create a petition? What is it going to take? Or will this mercy never be granted? It has to pass eventually, right? Surely humanity is not so callous as to withhold this option forever?

I'm certain that messy, agonising, and tragic suicides via hanging, jumping, etc., will NEVER stop, until this is granted. Life is simply UNSATISFACTORY for some people, there are still many who need to accept that. Why can't we offer a painless way out? To ease the panic, the anguish, the terror, of so many, just in knowing they can leave whenever, without suffering agony, or having to overcome SI (which is a BIG challenge.)

Nobody is FORCING suicide on anyone. It's just an OPTION for those who want it. Ultimately, we are individuals; our subjective experience is only our own, and nobody else can feel it, language can only convey it very poorly. Nobody should be made to continue living for the sake of others' values or feelings. Personal autonomy is fundamental.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and GoodPersonEffed
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Nobody is FORCING suicide on anyone. It's just an OPTION for those who want it
i dont think thats so much the problem, but they dont want people making hasty decisions because they failed a test or something (again when i use an example like this im referring to people that havent had a problem in their life and this test is literally their only reason)
that and the prolifers but they arent a very good reason so they dont count even though they are probably the main reason right now.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
i dont think thats so much the problem, but they dont want people making hasty decisions because they failed a test or something (again when i use an example like this im referring to people that havent had a problem in their life and this test is literally their only reason)
that and the prolifers but they arent a very good reason so they dont count even though they are probably the main reason right now.

Who should say what decision is too hasty? People make hasty decisions all the time, and it is their absolute right to do so, (granting it doesn't harm others, obviously). I'm all for making attempts to persuade, to change minds, but taking someone's choice away and making it for them in this instance, is grossly immoral in my view. Especially in a matter as personally intimate as one's own life or death.

Reactions: death137, Pan and GoodPersonEffed
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
The idea that some other person or some system has a right to determine what I do with my life is absolute injustice. I believe humanity will eventually come to that realization, but it will be a long time from now, when religion's influence on political and social systems has dissipated. It will likely be a very regulated process.

Reactions: death137, Pan and Superdeterminist