zombiegirl

zombiegirl

the living dead
Aug 17, 2023
i just remembered the damn train station near my house that is so close and so loud it shakes my whole room. any advice on train suicides, or stories from those who survived? would be much appreciated, i like to know everything i can about a method before i attempt it

Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
You could look for goodbye threads about trains.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Deleted member 82921
waRmblanket

waRmblanket

she/her - trying my best, hoping it’s enough.
Mar 16, 2023
just understand how traumatizing that is for the operator. they absolutely don't make enough to deal with stuff like that imo.

• Love
Reactions: Sukui, toms_space_station, jellie and 3 others
A

Aburach

Nov 19, 2023
Personally I wouldn't involve someone else like a car/bus/lorry/train driver in any plan. I don't think that is fair given the effect it would probably have on them for the rest of their lives.

Reactions: zeldalover, jellie, Myforevercharlie and 2 others
zombiegirl

zombiegirl

the living dead
Aug 17, 2023
What the two users above said plus check this thread below. No-one should die by train, pretend you never thought about the train 😉

i would simply go head first

waRmblanket

waRmblanket

she/her - trying my best, hoping it’s enough.
Mar 16, 2023
theyre missing out then
are they? you realize how much that can potentially mess with someone's life. keep others mental health in mind, they didn't sign up for that.

Reactions: Deleted member 82921 and fadid
zombiegirl

zombiegirl

the living dead
Aug 17, 2023
are they? you realize how much that can potentially mess with someone's life. keep others mental health in mind, they didn't sign up for that.

Attachments

• damn i kinda dont care.jpg
    damn i kinda dont care.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: LeperGnome
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
There are no beautiful suicides or dead bodies. Also, if you're going to ctb, you're going to upset a lot of people no matter what method you use. If you still have options in life, consider hanging on for your mom, or your dog, or whoever might care about you. It's a little odd to worry first and foremost about a stranger driving a train.

If you absolutely can't go on another day, then you do what you need to do.

Reactions: zombiegirl
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
It looks like you already took all this traumatise-other-people thing into consideration. There isn't really much you have to think about other than that.

Normally, trains slow down when driving through a station, so I wouldn't do it directly at the station, rather a few kilometres further away.
If you want to lay your head on the tracks, then you have to take the Cowcatcher into consideration, which should be installed on nearly all trains. Only the height will be different, so look out for that.
The braking distance is also important and made up of various factors. If the locomotive is heavy or is pulling a lot of wagons, the braking distance can increase considerably. Are the rails wet or dry? If they are wet, the static friction decreases and the braking distance also increases, so I would do it on a rainy day. A train running 220 km/h has a breaking distance of about 1.5 km, which should be more than enough.
The force you will feel on impact with a train, which is 417 tons heavy and running 210 km/h, will be around 202 mega Newton. That's quite a lot.

But this method really isn't the best one. If you have another method, please use that one instead.

• Informative
Reactions: zombiegirl, AllCatsAreGrey and LeperGnome
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Have you thought about SI?

Reactions: Deleted member 82921