Frt

Frt

Apr 1, 2020
And if in fact all the right methods, I mean: jump, complete hanging, sn, weapon had just 50% success. This means that when you do it either you succeed or you fail and even with good preparation...?

• Hmph!
Reactions: PureMetanoia
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Correct half of the time.

Reactions: Frt
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
I mean: jump, complete hanging, sn, weapon had just 50% success.
wait are you trying to say a literal complete hanging has a 50% chance of success? that doesn't sound right.

Reactions: Fthis, Midnight-rain and PureMetanoia
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
But success rates are different for different methods and then there are variables for each method that must have vastly different success percentages.
I bet that people who did research have greater success rates than those who didn't.

• Love
Reactions: Midnight-rain, profoundexperience, Mustkeyknow and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Bullshit, you might have seen it in a statistic but they include all suicide attempts like a person jumping from the second floor, shooting themselves under the chin in a 90 degree angle not even aiming for the brain etc.
wait are you trying to say a literal complete hanging has a 50% chance of success? that doesn't sound right.
Yeah I don´t buy this either if you use full suspension hanging and kick the chair it´s basically 100% certain you will die.

Reactions: Midnight-rain, SipSop, CarbonMonoxide and 3 others
PureMetanoia

PureMetanoia

May 28, 2020
And if in fact all the right methods, I mean: jump, complete hanging, sn, weapon had just 50% success. This means that when you do it either you succeed or you fail and even with good preparation...?

I'm sorry, time to call BS on this one.

Knowledge is power in this case, my friend; we know full well that the 50% estimation if faaaaar from the truth - the lethality of firearms is close to 100%. Jumping, full hanging, some types of poison (cyanide) and being hit by a train also make the cut for the "prestigious" ~100% lethality group.

More info: lostallhope(dot)com/suicide-methods/statistics-most-lethal-methods

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnight-rain, Spitfire and Ἡγησίας
C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
never read such bollocks.

Reactions: cyberlordsumit, CarbonMonoxide, Ἡγησίας and 2 others
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019

Obviously you either fail or succeed but that does not mean each method has a 50% chance of success.

Where did you get your information from? About every source I ever read lists far higher success rates for the methods you listed. No idea about SN as that did not feature in those sources specifically. Based on anecdotal evidence from this forum it seems to be quite effective as well. Certainly better than 50/50.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ἡγησίας and Frt
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
The truth is so hard that it's factually incorrect

Reactions: Smellanie and Jean Améry
Frt

Frt

Apr 1, 2020
Ok, I probably simplified my words or maybe my SI speaks for me. For me, there are a lot of variables at play. However you do not need to disparage my words, your disagreements is enough for me. Thank you for your inventions

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020

antifreeze what is it?
Antifreeze is a solution used to de-ice vehicles and other machinery, and has other applications. It contains ethylene glycol, which is toxic.

Reactions: nomorepainss
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
Shit it also damages brain I mean antifreeze

JSRF

JSRF

Student
May 30, 2018
No such thing as chance. You either prepare well or you don't.

CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
I don't get some of these threads. A person seriously posting that full suspension hanging has a 50% success rate. Now why didn't they take THAT into consideration before choosing it as an execution method? Maybe because ALL the criminals they hanged died.

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Pro-life disinformation.

Reactions: TapeMachine, cyberlordsumit and LenkaX
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020

So jumping from 300 ft onto concrete has a 50% success rate.... ?

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
nope you're getting it wrong, wait your comments makes no sense,
what do you mean brain freezing?

It was a joke!!!! have you never heard of brain freeze??

Brain freeze is practically a rite of summer. It happens when you eat ice cream or gulp something ice cold too quickly. The scientific term is sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia, but that's a mouthful. Brain freeze is your body's way of putting on the brakes, telling you to slow down and take it easy

Reactions: nomorepainss
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
A large portion of cases that are not successful are due to human error. The solution to that is better research and practice.

Reactions: checkouttime and CarbonMonoxide