• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

epic1959

Mar 2, 2021
What if anything can we learn from autopsy reports about celebrity partial hanging suicides? I've read three (readily available on the internet): Robin Williams, Chris Cornell, and Chester Bennington.

RW: He used a belt stuck between a door and door frame - the anchor being the tightness between door and doorframe. His buttocks were several inches above the floor but his feet were touching the floor.

CC: He used an exercise band with the anchor being a carabiner jammed into the top of a door - closing the door held the carabiner tightly secure and the exercise band noose hung from that anchor. He was found on the floor with the band still tight around his neck.

CB: He used a leather belt similar to RW, the tightness between door and door frame providing the anchor point. His feet were touching the floor. The top of the door he was hanging from was only 65 inches from the floor. From the floor to the level of the belt buckle was 48 inches. CB's feet were on the floor and his knees were bent.

What strikes me about each situation is how the person found a secure anchor point. I wouldn't have thought that sticking the end of a belt between door and door frame would be secure but it was for RW and CB.

RW and CB were alone for several hours, but CC was being monitored by his wife (via phone) - she called security when he stopped responding. So CC perhaps had much less time.

Anyway, do these details or anything made public gives us clues as to why they succeeded? So many here report failure with partial suspension. It may be mostly a question of the will to overcome SI - these three had it - but one wonders if the technique or method also plays a major role.

Attachments

• XXBennington_Redacted.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
  • XXcornell.pdf
    749.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Xxrobin-williams-coroners-report.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
  • Love
Reactions: justsayin, Hurt, russlinjimmies and 5 others
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I really don't know how they could pull through with it. I tried it many times, secure anchors and what not, but didn't succeed.

Reactions: Hurt, Hotsackage and EmptyManForever
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Anyway, do these details or anything made public gives us clues as to why they succeeded? So many here report failure with partial suspension. It may be mostly a question of the will to overcome SI - these three had it - but one wonders if the technique or method also plays a major role.

I think with partial it is just sheer will power to combat SI. Your desire to die has to be greater than fear/pain avoidance, at least in that moment. I think I am going to give partial one last try before I ride it off as a method altogether. Full suspension would be ideal but I am not sure where to find a suitable anchor point.

Reactions: Hurt
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
In the case of Robin Williams, it seemed like he was just that determined to hang himself.

A belt and a door? People have survived worse than that.

Williams seemed to go into it with the mindset, "This is it, this is the end, I'm going to make this work."

I guess he also tried to slash his wrists without success before getting the belt and ending it.

There was a sad case of young man, about 18 years old, who was arrested on a fairly minor charge, not paying parking or speeding tickets, something along those lines, and he fatally hung himself in his cell.

It turns out that all he had to do was put his feet on the floor in order to save himself. Just kept his knees bent the entire time. (Rest in peace kiddo.)

I don't know.

I know that a lot of times when people choose hanging as their method they will tie their hands behind their back so that there can be no second thoughts involved.

Reactions: Hurt and Hotsackage
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
I failed partial FOUR times and these people make it seem so easy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage and Hurt
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I think Anthony Bourdain and Caroline Flack also went via hanging, how come celebrities always seem to be experts in this method ?

Reactions: lastlife_, Hurt and Hotsackage
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
I think Anthony Bourdain and Caroline Flack also went via hanging, how come celebrities always seem to be experts in this method ?
Don't forget Kate Spade, she hanged herself with a scarf from a door knob iirc

Reactions: Hurt, Hotsackage and xLosthopex
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Thanks for this useful info. Hanging is my way to go.

Mashedout

Mashedout

Student
Nov 25, 2020
I'm sure there were many failures, but they keep that to themselves. You only hear about those you succeeded.

Reactions: justsayin and Hurt
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think they succeeded as they had knowledge of the method and they had likely done research on it. Suicide is very difficult as we are programmed to survive, maybe the pain and despair they were feeling meant they were able to overcome the SI.

L

lastlife_

Nov 15, 2021
If there's anything these cases teach me, including the ones in the comments, is that it doesn't really matter when, where or with what.. when it's time, it's time. Other partial cases include patients in hospital who carry out partial with their bedsheets and bed frame or the pipes in the bathroom.. today I even read a case about a guy on an airplane who hung himself in the toilet with his bag strap.. they just used what they had and made it work.