R

randomsomeonein

Oct 7, 2023
I need to buy a nitrogen cylinder.
According to peaceful pill handbook, it should give out 15ltrs nitrogen gas per minute for about 25 mins. That means the cylinder must have atleast 400 ltrs of nitrogen gas.

The cylinder that exit international is selling mentions that the cylinder weighs only 3 kg and has 400 ltrs nitrogen gas. See attached image.

How's that possible?

Is it liquid nitrogen or compressed gas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009_160719_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20231009_160719_Drive.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 0
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
I need to buy a nitrogen cylinder.
According to peaceful pill handbook, it should give out 15ltrs nitrogen gas per minute for about 25 mins. That means the cylinder must have atleast 400 ltrs of nitrogen gas.

The cylinder that exit international is selling mentions that the cylinder weighs only 3 kg and has 400 ltrs nitrogen gas. See attached image.

How's that possible?

Is it liquid nitrogen or compressed gas?
the 400 liters refer to the volume of nitrogen at room temperature I think
liters is a unit of volume, not of weight, so naturally it's impossible to fit 400 liters of anything into a small cylinder, whether that cylinder weighs 6 pounds or 600.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It's compressed. That's why you need special equipment to extract it from the canister into your lungs or else they'll go kaboom.

Reactions: DT2007, Mare Imbrium and Praestat_Mori
H

hama.kili.hama

Oct 7, 2023
I have 10 litre and nrb mask but not working for me idk what problem

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
The Max Dog source is no longer available btw.

R

randomsomeonein

Oct 7, 2023
the 400 liters refer to the volume of nitrogen at room temperature I think
liters is a unit of volume, not of weight, so naturally it's impossible to fit 400 liters of anything into a small cylinder, whether that cylinder weighs 6 pounds or 600.
Now I dont how much qty of nitrogen gas should I buy. can u help please?

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
400L is what PPH recommends, if you want to do testing or just want to have more in case, or u want to go for a breathing rate of more than 15 L/min you can go with more.
Should be easy enough to calculate your desired gas volume.

Tanks size is measured in volume (water Liters), e.g. a 5L tank would fit 5L of water.
To know how much compressed gas is in there multiply the tank size (L) with the pressure the gas is compressed to (bar).
This will give you a pretty close estimate of the actual gas volume (like a few % off maybe, if u wanna know more precisely read up on Ideal Gas Law).
F.e. a 5L 200bar tank would give you ~1000L of uncompressed gas

You probably wanna check out the inert gas megathread, GasMonkey's Nitrogen Setup, and others for more details.

Reactions: ClownWorld2023
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023

All the questions you asked so far were already answered in the megathread.

I recommend getting your post count up so you unlock the forum search functionality.
It's better than having to wait several days for an answer.