Jeannine

Jeannine

Dec 16, 2019
Hey, I'm a hard-boiled Catholic and though other aspects like my want for children and the future plagues me, I cannot hold on any longer. faith has kept me going for a while, It's truly been ridiculously difficult to stay alive these days. The thing about my religion is that suicide is destroying what was given to you, a sin, and I don't particularly feel right about it. I do not and will not want any negativity about my faith, or trying to talk me out of my religion, so please respect that. So, what should I do and are any of you struggle with spiritual aspects? cheers

Patty :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Rose, Pen>Sword, Dead Meat and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Even though I don't share any religion beliefs/theories about death, I respect your feelings.
I bet it must be really hard to be suicidal when you're a catholic.

I was reaised as a Catholic and I remember those days in which I panicked just thinking about the afterlife if I ever ctb.

Your question is really difficult to reply because the easy answer would be something like: "Do a research about other religions and you'll realize how pointless it is to worry about hell and things like that. All of them have a different fairy tale to tell" but of course, you won't agree with that.

What about thinking that maybe your God will understand your feelings even if you ctb and PERHAPS taking your own life is not such a sin as you've been told?

I think that's the only way to be at peace with death and suicide.

L

LifeIsAChore11

Dec 18, 2020
I would be lying if I said fear of the unknown doesn't scare me. I'm more afraid of being put in another hell existance like this one than anything, even though I'm almost entirely atheist. These beliefs truly die hard, can't seem to shake concepts of what "thereafter" could be.

Jeannine

Jeannine

Dec 16, 2019
Even though I don't share any religion beliefs/theories about death, I respect your feelings.
I bet it must be really hard to be suicidal when you're a catholic.

I was reaised as a Catholic and I remember those days in which I panicked just thinking about the afterlife if I ever ctb.

Your question is really difficult to reply because the easy answer would be something like: "Do a research about other religions and you'll realize how pointless it is to worry about hell and things like that. All of them have a different fairy tale to tell" but of course, you won't agree with that.

What about thinking that maybe your God will understand your feelings even if you ctb and PERHAPS taking your own life is not such a sin as you've been told?

I think that's the only way to be at peace with death and suicide.
That's more of a protestant approach IMO. catholicism is really strict and the best I can do is to pray that I would be let into at least purgatory. I personally am not so sure how kindly it will be taken. That being said he is all-forgiving, but only through this trek of life. The best I can do for myself is to think it over and pray rather hard about this decision.

• Aww..
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
That's more of a protestant approach IMO. catholicism is really strict and the best I can do is to pray that I would be let into at least purgatory. I personally am not so sure how kindly it will be taken. That being said he is all-forgiving, but only through this trek of life. The best I can do for myself is to think it over and pray rather hard about this decision.

What about recovery? I thought it was impossible for me but I'm trying to live again.
That way, you wouldn't have to worry about purgatory or something like that.

I know, easier said than done, but it's just a suggestion.

Jeannine

Jeannine

Dec 16, 2019
What about recovery? I thought it was impossible for me but I'm trying to live again.
That way, you wouldn't have to worry about purgatory or something like that.

I know, easier said than done, but it's just a suggestion.
I think of that sometimes. Of the future that I want, kids nice husband all that. It really is just that it gets hard sometimes, and by that I mean all the time :pfff: Still, your advice ain't something I'll write off. I can always try, even if I'm on the cusp. Thank you dear.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
If I were you I would pray and ask directly for guidance. If you truly believe, then he will grant you a way through this.

Reactions: Pen>Sword
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
I am a practicing Catholic, but I am terrible at it. I am a hypocrite who believes what the Church teaches, but breaks it. I rosary every night, and never miss any days of obligation. I suffer suicidal ideation because of regrets. I am planning to confess all my sins to my priest before I CTB, and he will be the only person who will know because of the seal of confession. While he will not approve this plan, and will not absolve me because of suicidal plans, I take comfort that a man of God and God Himself is listening to me in my time of need. I pray to God that He gives me cancer (or any deadly terminal disease), accident, fatal immediate misfortunes, instead of a person who is less sinful or has more worth to humanity.

If I die and went to Heaven (assuming I'm not going to hell), I'll ask God some very hard questions concerning humanity and events that seems contradictory to His love.

May Christ, our Lord and merciful Saviour, and Mary, the most Immaculate Virgin pray for us believers and non-believers and those who is suffering and going through suicidal ideation. Through their intercession, may those died from suicide and going through this "phase" be shown the Light that God has prepared us in our end of life. May God forgive us our sins and even those who died in their suicide attempt. May those departed rest in peace. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

Reactions: Blue Rose